Common Boilerplate Provisions of an NDA
Thursday, January 05, 2012
Matthew Neco, general legal counsel for Docstoc (http://www.docstoc.com/). In this video he discusses the common boilerplate provisions of an NDA.
- Four important provisions that are commonly called "Boilerplate" or miscellaneous provisions
- Choice of Law - What states law is going to govern the interpretation and enforcement of that NDA
- Choice of Venue- Where will disputes be argued and resolved
- Waiver - What happens if one party or the other violates a portion of the agreement and the other party doesn't object to it or bring them to court?
- Assignment - What happens when and if an entity goes out of business or there is a change or control in the business. Can the NDA be assigned?