J.D. Harriman is a Intellectual Property Attorney for DLA Piper (www.dlapiper.com). In this video he discusses the topic of Copyright.
- A copyright protects a particular expression of an idea.
- For Example an idea is the children of two warring factions fall in love. That idea is found in Romeo and Juliet and in West Side Story. Both could have their own copyright in the same idea.
- Copyright exists the moment a work is created.
- There is no need to register, but can put the “c” in a circle mark on copyrighted works.
- Applies to words, pictures, film, art, music, software.