Launching a startup of any kind is like climbing a mountain. And just like mountain climbing, they key to reaching the top is all about teamwork. While being an entrepreneur is always going to be challenging no matter what kind of business you are in, you don’t have to go it alone. Appreciating and embracing the power of your peers can go a long way in helping you succeed. Some tips to consider:
Create an advisory board.
- People with expertise you don’t have, whether it’s financial or legal.
Create an unbiased board.
- It’s vital that this board can analyze your business objectively and give you feedback accordingly. The more they can tell you like it is – whether good news or bad -- the better.
Keeps you accountable.
- Surrounding yourself with peers who can challenge you and remind you of what you said you would accomplish will help you reach those goals.
Professional & personal development.
- Working with a group of people that can challenge and inspire you in equal measure is going to help you grow as an individual on different levels.
- This is one of several organizations designed to help entrepreneurs like yourself find and connect with business advisors to help you through your struggles.
There is no problem in business that can’t be solved or at least made better by collaborating with people who are more experienced than yourself. Knowledge is power, especially when it comes to startups, so utilize the power of your peers to optimize your success.
Karen Baez, entrepreneurial and executive business coach, discusses the value of gaining objective feedback and advice from your peers.