7 Tips for Building a Successful Landing Page
Many entrepreneurs make the mistake of thinking that getting lots of hits on their website is a metric for success, but that’s not always the case. The fact is, if you’re not able to convert those hits into paying customers, all the page views in the world doesn’t amount to much. Here are seven tips on how to build a landing page that will help these conversions.
- By using tools such as Google Analytics, you can take the data you receive about who is visiting your site and what they are doing with it, and use it to change whatever you need to accordingly.
Test your options against each other
- Build different versions of pages to test which ones are more effective. Split up your traffic and route them to these different versions to see how your customers interface with them -- which ones perform the best?
Every word counts
- Address the customers directly to make it more personal and be sure to choose your words wisely. Copy is extremely important, so make it count.
Images work just as well as words
- We all know the saying, “a picture’s worth a thousand words,” and that is certainly true when it comes to landing pages. Try to use visuals that aren’t clichéd or standard – get creative and invoke something more interesting from your viewers.
Keep the page simple
- Less is always more. Keep your page clean, simple and easy to read. The less text the better.
Explain what’s in it for the user
- Be direct here. Why should the viewer contact you? What will they get out of your product or service?
Try and try again
- Trial and error will only make your pages – and ultimately your entire website – better with time.