What Email Solution Is Right For You?
Alon Schwartz, CTO of Docstoc (http://www.docstoc.com) talks about choosing an email service for your business. Using the right email solution can help optimize performance and organization, here are some of the top choices and the best tips for selecting the right one for your needs.
- Determine the amount of emails you send per month
- Anticipate how many emails will be sent in the next 24-36 months
- Assess your deliverability rate
- Decide if you need an email marketing or email delivery solution
- "Warm" your IP’s before sending mass amounts of emails
- Marketing- focuses on list & campaign management, templates, etc
- MailChimp, Constant Contact, GetResponse, Silverpop, VerticalResponse, etc.
- Delivery- focuses on delivery & good API for transactional emails
- SendGrid, Postmark, Mailjet, SocketLabs, etc.
- Amazon offers Simple Email Service
- PRO TIP: WhichESP.com allows you to compare services, cost, etc.
- PRO TIP: Utilize SenderScore.org to track your IP reputation
- PRO TIP: Use separate IP's for each of your email solutions
- PRO TIP: Make sure to immediately remove users who request to opt-out
- PRO TIP: Host images on your server rather than your email solution