How To Tips On Membership Sites
http://bestqualityplr.com founder Justin Popovic talks about the fundamentals of building successful membership sites. This is based on his experience with a number of successful membership programs. Most notably, Best Quality PLR.
The Presentation Covers The Following...
What kind of membership?
- monthly, weekly, random updates?
Why would a member stay?
- cheaper per product access?
- the value must be well above the monthly fee (which is all perspective)
How will you position it/sell it?
- if it is brand new, you should consider delaying the membership option
- you need to warm up your audience
- prove yourself first, then make the membership pitch more compelling tham buying individually
*** Selling memberships gets easier over time. consistency is your best feature
Will you have membership levels?
- it is tempting to do 3 or 4 tiers of membership in the beginning but remember, more choice can mean lower conversion
- if you are just starting, make a high value option holding nothing back and get some earl adopters. prove your model works
- then you can introduce lower levels later. your early adopters get rewarded with grandfathered rates
TECH Tip 1 - how will you host and lock down the membership content?
- Wordpress is by far the best option
- List of popular plugins
- Create an area of unprotected content to help with prospecting
- do you want a free membership option to build interest?
TECH Tip 2 - do you want an affiliate program?
- Some membership plugins include it, others don't
- There is no right way to do this
- Lifetime affiliate models vs. cookied affiliates
Staying in touch with your members?
- regular member updates
- build relationships, email, phone, skype
Common PLR Scenarios
- PLR products as download content for members only
- PLR as training material for members only
- PLR to build your prospect list and sell the membership
- PLR bundled into single product offerings (directly within or as a value add bonu