2009-09 ACCOUNTING INTERN
2009-09 Accounting Intern
Job Posting Notice: 2009-09
Date to be Posted: May 11, 2009
Application Deadline: Position is open until filled.
Potential Starting Date: ASAP
Salary: $12.00 - $15.00 per hour
Other: Fulltime 37.5 hours per week for 13 weeks
Opportunity to work in a professional accounting department during fiscal year-end close and
subsequent independent financial statement audit. Primary responsibilities include assisting with
accounts payable, entering information into the SAP financial system, preparing journal entries and
spreadsheets, and working on payroll accounting projects.
• Accurately inputs invoices into SAP and posts the invoices to the general ledger.
• Schedules invoice payments to reimburse employees promptly and to take advantage of
discounts, avoid finance charges, etc.
• Prints checks for distribution to employees and vendors.
• Maintains A/P vendor files.
• Enters financial information into SAP system.
• Prepares journal entries.
• Assists with accounts receivable process.
• Assists the Payroll Accounting department with special projects:
• Research employee records for incorrect tax codes. The data compiled will be used to create
a program to locate employee records with incorrect tax codes before payment is issued.
• Purge the wage garnishment filing system of terminated employees and create a system to
accomplish this on a regular basis.
• Other duties as assigned.
Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program as an accounting major.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, detailed, high volume environment.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
2009-09 ACCOUNTING INTERN
• Experience in spreadsheet applications (preferably Excel) is a plus.
To apply, submit:
1. A cover letter.
2. A resume.
3. A completed and signed Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education Application for
Employment* that includes the names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three
references. Please include the position number 2009-09 in the section marked ‘Position for
which you are applying.’
4. A completed Affirmative Action Data Collection Form. Please return the AA Form with your
application, but enclose the AA Form in a sealed, unstamped envelope addressed to Affirmative
Action Processing, or fax the AA Form directly to (717) 720-4438.
* If you are unable to access these documents on-line please call (717) 720-4170 and they will be
faxed or mailed to you.
U.S. Mail – send documents to:
Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education
Dixon University Center – Human Resources Office
2986 North Second Street
Harrisburg PA 17110
Fax – fax documents to (717) 720-4438.
E-mail. Please include the position number 2009-09 in the subject of your email and
send documents to email@example.com.
Hand delivery – please use address above.
Application materials accepted until position is filled. Information, including the job application, the
Affirmative Action Data Collection Form, and this posting, is available by calling (717) 720-4170.
Additional information about the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education is available at
The Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer and encourages applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with