Mina and Jessie
• 94.6% are Buddhists
• 4.6% are Islamic
• 0.7% are Christian
• 0.1% are other
• The economy is emerging after being newly industrialized
• The economy collapsed then recovered
• Is the 2nd largest economy in southeast Asia
• Exchange rate is 33.00 Baht= 1 US dollar
Language/Time to Visit
• The official language of Thailand is Thai
• Other languages include Chinese, Malay,
• The best time to visit is November through
• Southwest monsoon season= May to September
• Northeast monsoon season= November to March
• High mountains
• Central plains
• Chao Phraya River and it’s tributaries
• Peninsula has varied geography
• Thais moved from China in 10 th century AD
• They created individual states which caused many wars
• European colonial powers threatened the Thai in 19 th and 20th centuries
• Thais avoided colonial rule unlike surrounding countries
• The monarchy ended in1932 which led to 60 years of military rule,
followed by a democracy
• Recommended Typhoid vaccination
• Hello!→ sa-was-dee
• How are you?→ sa-bai-dee-mai
• Thank you!→ kob-kun-(mak)
• Where is the bathroom?→ you-tee-nai-ka
• How much does this cost?→ an-nee-tao-rai
• Aromatic components
• 5 taste senses
• Influence form Burma, China,
• Ingredients include fresh herbs and
spices like ginger, tamarind, garlic
• Seafood is also commonly found in
• Zip-line Through Rainforest
• Visit the Grand Palace
• Snorkeling along the Andaman Sea
• Shop at local market places
• Visit the Doi Suthep
• Luangta Maha Bua
Yannasampanno a loved monk of
a forest temple passed away at the
age of 98 on the January 31, 2011
at 3:53 am. Luangta set up a
donation fund whose proceeds go
to preserving Thailand’s
• Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva
gave orders for Cambodians to
remove their natioinal flags posted
in an area of dispute near Preah
• From Denver to Chiang Mai is $1,762 for 2
people with Korean Airlines
• From Bangkok to Denver is $1,022 for 2
people with Delta Airlines
• We will depart February 4, 2011 and we will
return February 14, 2011
• We will ride motorcycles through Thailand
for 10 days for a total of $141.30 with North
Wheels Rental Service
Days 1-3 Chiang Mai
• We will stay at the Imperial Mae Ping hotel
for $57 per night for 2 nights
• We will dine in our hotel and also at The
Moxie, a modern Thai restaurant. Meals cost
approximately from a $5 lunch to a $20
• While we’re here, we’ll visit the Doi Suthep
temple, and the Queen Sirikit Botanical
• Total Cost for Chiang Mai is approximately
Days 4 and 5 in Phitsanulok
• We will stay in the Pailyn Pitsanulok hotel for
2 nights for $26 per night
• We will dine in our hotel and also at Pae Pha
Thai Floating Restaurant ,a floating
restaurant on a riverbank. Meals cost
approximately from a $5 lunch to a $20
• We plan to visit Wat Phra Sri Rattana
Mahathat a monastery, Wat Chulamanee and
Wat Yai, both Buddhist temples
• Total cost for Phitsanulok is approximately
Days 8-10 in Kamphaeng Phet
• We will be staying Orchid Hibiscus Guest House for $63 a night
for 3 nights
• We will dine in our hotel and also at The Night Market ,a bazaar
of foods and adornments. Meals cost approximately from a $5
lunch to a $10 dinner
• We will visit the Night Market, the Kamphaeng Phet National
Museum, the Kampaeng Phet historic park, and the Khlong Lan
National Park, full of waterfalls.
• The total cost in Kamphaeng Phet will be approximately $385
(this includes gas money for the long distance and for our
Days 11-14 in Bangkok
• We will be staying at the Lebua at State
Tower for 3 nights for $139 per night
• We will dine in our hotel and also at 100°
East ,a modern and relaxing seafood
experience. Meals cost approximately from a
$10 lunch to a $30 dinner
• We plan to visit the Grand Palace which
includes the Temple of the Emerald Buddha,
an elephant ride in Bangkok for $100 per
person and will spend a day in the floating
market which will cost about $100 each.
• Total cost for Bangkok is about $917
• $6,000- $2,784 for plane tickets
• $3,216- $141 for motorcycles with helmets
• $3,075- $300 for Chiang Mai
• $2,775- $177 for Phitsanulok
• $2,598- $385 for Kamphaeng Phet
• $2,213- $917 for Bangkok
• We will have a total of $1,296 left over,
meaning we spent $4,704
• "Bangkok Tours & Things to Do in Bangkok | Viator.com." Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Activities & Things to Do |
Viator.com. Web. 30 Jan. 2011. <http://www.viator.com/bangkok-tours/d343-ttd?pref=02&aid=g1785>.
• Drive, Dynamic. "Best Time to Visit Thailand." Thailand Travel Information. Web. 27 Jan. 2011.
• Expedia Travel: Vacations, Cheap Flights, Airline Tickets & Airfares. Web. 30 Jan. 2011.
• "Forest Monk Passes Away at 98." Bangkok Post. Web. 30 Jan. 2011. <http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/>.
• KAYAK - Cheap Flights, Hotels, Airline Tickets, Cheap Tickets, Cheap Travel Deals - Compare Hundreds of Travel
Sites At Once. Web. 30 Jan. 2011. <http://www.kayak.com/>.
• "Our Car Rental Rates." North Wheels Chiang Mai Rent-A-Car : Explore The North On Your Own Wheels. Web. 30
Jan. 2011. <http://www.northwheels.com/rates.html>.
• "Phuket Snorkeling - Snorkelling in Phuket, Phi Phi, Similan Islands." Phuket Hotels & Travel Guide - Phuket Hotels
and Tourist Information. Web. 28 Jan. 2011. <http://www.phuket.com/sports/snorkeling.htm>.
• "Places to Eat in Kamphaeng Phet, Thailand. A Restaurant, Entertainment and Eating out Travel Guide."
Backpacking Travel Guide for Southeast Asia. Travelfish.org. Web. 30 Jan. 2011.
• "Thai Phrases and Common Sentences." Learn Foreign Languages. Web. 27 Jan. 2011.
• "Thailand." NetDoctor.co.uk - The UK's Leading Independent Health Website. Web. 27 Jan. 2011.
• "Thailand People 2010." ITA - Information Technology Associates Immigration USA for Windows. Countries of The
World. Web. 27 Jan. 2011. <http://www.theodora.com/wfbcurrent/thailand/thailand_people.html>.
• "Thailand Places of Attraction -- Doi Suthep in Chiang Mai." Thailand International and Domestic Discount. Web. 28
Jan. 2011. <http://www.travexnet.com/sites/doi_suthep.html>.
• "Thailand: Thai Language, Religion, Culture, Customs and Etiquette." Professional Translation Services |
Interpreters | Intercultural Communication & Training. Web. 27 Jan. 2011.
• "Things to Do in Bangkok - Bangkok Attractions - TripAdvisor." Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals -
TripAdvisor. Web. 28 Jan. 2011. <http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g293916-Activities-Bangkok.html>.