Star Wars IV - A New Hope
• Written by P. Wong
• Directed by George Lucas
• Released on May 25, 1977
• Genre: Science Fiction
• Rating PG for sci-fi violence, and brief mild language
• 1. Han Solo- Harrison Ford (top right)
• 2. Darth Vader- Dave Prowse (right ->
• 3. Obi-Wan Kenobi- Alec Guinness (far right --->>>
• 4. Luke Skywalker- Mark Hamill (near right -->>
• 5. Leia Organa Solo- Carrie Fisher (below middle)
• 6. Chewbacca- Peter Mayhew (below right)
• 7. R2-D2-Kenny Baker (near right --->>)
• 8. C3PO droid- Anthony Daniels (below left)
Set "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away", the film follows a group of
freedom fighters known as the Rebel Alliance as they plot to destroy the
powerful Death Star space station, a devastating weapon created by the evil
This conflict disrupts the isolated life of farm boy named Luke Skywalker when
he accidentally acquires the droids carrying the stolen plans to the Death Star.
After the Empire begins a cruel and destructive search for the droids, Skywalker
decides to accompany Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi on a daring mission to
rescue the owner of the droids, rebel leader Princess Leia Organa, and save the
• Revealing mistakes: During a gun battle just before Luke and Han
Solo escape down the garbage chute, some close-ups of Luke and
Han show flesh-colored make-up smeared from under their chins
onto the white plastic Imperial armor they are wearing.
• Denis Lawson's name is misspelled "Dennis" in the credits, and was
not fixed in the 1997 special edition.
• As Luke cleans R2-D2, watch C-3PO in the background. When Luke
jumps back, surprised by Princess Leia's message, C-3PO slips off
the steps (but recovers in time not to ruin the shot).
• Star Wars IV won SIX Oscars!
• Darth Vader had only 2 soldiers accompany him during the
• This movie made $1,554,475 on opening weekend in the US
• On a 13 million dollar budget, this movie grossed
• In order to get some of the scenes just right, they went all
around the world, including Tunisia and Guatemala to shoot
Impacting the Business
• Star wars 4 used special effects in the movie, and they became one of the
first films to use them. George Lucas founded a group by the name of
Industrial Light & Magic (ILM), and they started working on the new
movie. This then opened the business to special effects, and using outer
space effects such as explosions and the light saber's some of the
characters used. This film changed the way people used special effects,
and it brought in the idea of movies in space, and other planets.
Star Wars Saga
• Though Star Wars 4 was never remade, George Lucas did put out a special
edition almost 20 years later. He also made other Star Wars movies,
completing the six movie saga.
• If I had to rate Star Wars 4, I would give it a 94 out of 100, because the
special effects and action are really outstanding, and the plot and
conclusion are great. The actors played their parts perfect, and the whole
alien and creature race was played perfectly.