Ronald Alberto Salazar Mora, M.D.
Residency Hospital de las mujeres Adolfo Carit Eva the 1999 to 2001.
• Provide both inpatient and outpatient care.
• Gained exposure to all areas of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
Internship Hospital William Allen, February 1997 through June 1998, and 1998 to
1999 emergency room clínica integrada de tíbas
• Two year in the emergency room setting.
Medical Postgraduate Degree, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Universidad de Costa
Rica, January 1999 through March 2002
Undergraduate Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, Universidad de Costa Rica, February
1991 through December 1996.
Continuing Medical Education
• Best Practices in Gynecology, AGOG, San José, Costa Rica, November 2003.
• Advances laparoscopy trainig 2007
• Basic Laparoscopy trainig 2006
• Newborn Revival Course, Hospital de las Mujeres Adolfo Carit Eva, October 2003.
• Advanced Heart Support Course, Centro de Desarrollo Estratégico e Información en
Salud y Seguridad Social, C.E.N.D.E.I.S.S.S., 1999.
• Cardio-Lung Revival Course, Centro de Desarrollo Estratégico e Información en
Salud y Seguridad Social, C.E.N.D.E.I.S.S.S., 1997.
Gynecologist for a U.S. insurance company since August 2002 until present.
Gynecologist and ecographist. Clinica Siglo XXI Alajuela and Clinica 2002 since
January 2002 until present.
Gynecologist and Obstetrician in Clínica Biblica Omega building since march 2004
General Physician. Hospital Alajuela Emergency Room, September 1998 through
Special Assistant Physician, Gynecology and Obstetrics. Hospital de las Mujeres Adolfo
Carit Eva Obstetrics Unit.
General Physician. Clinica Integrada de Tibas Emergency Room, June 1998 through
General Assistant Physician. Hospital William Allen, February 1998 through June 1998
Obligatory Social Service. Clinica de Santa Teresits de Turrialba and Emergency Room
Service, Hospital William Allen., February 1997 through January 1998.
Academic and Teaching Experience
• Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics chair UCIMED. August 2003 until present.
• Coordinator of Obstetrics Chair, Hospital de las Mujeres. February 2003 until
present.Universidad de Costa Rica
• Coordinator of investigation postgradue gynecologist .
• Teacher, Universidad de Costa Rica, Medical School. Part time lecturer for Course
ME-6003, Obstetrics Course ME-4012, and Gynecology Course ME-4013.
Computer and Language Skills
• 2003 – Speaking English Program, Universidad Latina de Costa Rica.
• 1997 – Windows 95 and Power Point 4.0 Course, Universidad Nacional de Costa
• 1996 – Access and Usage of the Internet Course, Universidad Nacional de Costa
• 1995 – EXCEL for Windows Course, Universidad Nacional de Costa Rica.
• 1995 – WORD FOR Windows Course, Universidad Nacional de Costa Rica.
• 1995 – Knowledge of English Language, Middle Level, Instituto Britanico.
• 2003 - Second Place winner of free works at the V National Congress of Obstetrics
and Gynecology with the work “Post Childbirth Hemorrhages, a Prospective
Research: Consequences, Risk Factors, Causes, and Diagnosis.”
• 2003 - Honor Graduate, Postgraduate Degree program, Gynecology and Obstetrics,
Universidad de Costa Rica.
• 2001 - First place winner at the LXIII National Doctors Congress for the work “Gases
of Umbilical Cord in Births with Circular of Neck Cord.”
• 2001 - Second place winner of free works at the III National Obstetrics and
Gynecology Congress for the work “Gases of Umbilical Cord in Births with Circular
of Neck Cord.”
• 1997 - Diploma for Academic Excellency for best grades in the Medical Science and
Licenciatura Program in Medicine and Surgery, for the 1996 school year.
• 1996 – Certificate for the Best Grades Achieved during the 1st school year.............
Research and Publications
"Post Menopausic Bleeding (alternative approach),” Revista Médica de Costa Rica y
Centroamérica, Year LXX, Number 565, Volume LX, October, November, and December
"A Guide Delivery in Handling the Third Period of Childbirth,” Acta Medica Costarricense,
Volume 45, Supplement I, November 2003.
"Post Childbirth Hemorrhages, a Prospective Research: Consequences, Risk Factors, Causes,
and Diagnosis," Revista Obstetricia y Ginecologia, REVCOG, Volume II, Number 5, April –
"Trans Vaginal Ultrasonography vs. Histerosonography in Endometrial Pathologies
Diagnosis,” Volume Number 4, October-December 2001.
"Gases of Umbilical Cord in Births with Circular of Neck Cord,” Acta Médica
Costariccense, Volume 43, Supplement I, November 2001.