CURRICULUM VITAE 2010 PATTI JACOBS
Education, Employment & Experience
•Born in Melbourne
• 1969-1970 Studied Fine Arts at Julian Ashton’s School of
Fine Art at the Rocks, Sydney.
• 1971 Year 1 Graphic Art at Swinburne Technical College Vic
• 1973 Year 1 Fine Arts Diploma-painting Canberra Technical
• 1974-1975 Years 2 & 3 Fine Arts Diploma in Painting East
Sydney Technical College NSW.
1980-2000 Arts Council of NSW Gallery The Rocks Sydney
Exhibited and retailed my art work in gallery
• 1983-1985 Silk Degrees Lismore collaborated with 6 fashion
designers & fabric artists in a retail co-operative retail outlet. We
had many Fashion parades displaying our combined work.
• 1983 Started to carve & print Wood & Linocuts onto fabrics.
• 1985-1996 Terania Learning Exchange, Resource Centre
for Artists & Students. Founding member of a co-operative
whose ventures included running a primary school for children & a
Crafts & Arts centre for all ages.
• 1985-1999 The Channon Trust. A Founding member of this
local community Craft Shop & Art Gallery/T-house in The Channon
Village, maintained & managed by the community.
• 1991-2002 Palm Print Fabrics was my first sole trading
business selling my hand printed fabrics made into home
furnishings at markets, festivals & Australia wide shops.
• 1990-2010 Member of Northern Rivers Wildlife Carers
• 1987 -2010 Many workshops & demonstrations of Block-
printing with students from Trinity College Lismore; Grafton Tafe;
Alstonville Tafe; The Channon Primary School; Shearwater Steiner
School Mullumbimby; Byron Bay Community School; Durrumbul
Primary school; Wollongbar Tafe Fashion Design; Byron Youth
House and others.
• 1990 Ran a 6 week Adult Community Education Lismore 6
week course in Block Printing with Bundjalung Women
• 1991 – 2000 Art Tarts Founding member of a group of 10
women fibre artists who networked together on a regular basis and
held many group exhibitions locally & nationally, exchanging ideas
& ran workshops together
• 1995 – 1998 Southern Cross University Lismore
studied 3 years part time Bachelor of Visual Arts Printmaking
• 1995 -2002 Young & Powerful School Lismore Taught
primary students Art on a contract basis for various lengths of time
from 1 week to 2 terms in a K – HSC year school which has a
predominately Indigenous student population.
•1981-2006 Have had a market stall for the past 25 years selling
original block-printed fabrics I have printed & made into home
furnishings, & T-shirts at Byron Bay, Bangalow, The Channon,
Mullumbimby, Lennox Head, Brunswick Heads & Bellingen
community markets. I have also had a stall many of these years at
Maleny & Woodford Festivals, Byron Bay Blues & Roots Festivals &
Bellingen Global Carnival. I have managed other marketers’ stalls,
& have also been employed as a market-manager at the Lismore
Women’s Festival 1990-91.
• 1999 – 2009 Gallery Cosmosis Byron Bay I had an Art studio
in a Community Artist’s Network of workspaces, & co-curated its
• 2000-2007 Member 0f the co-coordinating committee & the
secretary of The Island Quarry Arts & Eco. Centre, during which
time I have helped facilitate & take the minutes of the monthly
meetings, organize many diverse events, including Flickerfest cafe,
music events, markets, information forums, & community days. I
helped to write grant applications, info pamphlets, fill out the grant
acquittals for IQ’s Family and Community Services grant, network
with the local Byron community, attend council meetings, & other
meetings of community interest, & generally interact with many
levels of the Byron community network.
2003 -2004 Worked as site co-coordinator on a FACS funded
Work for the Dole Project at the Island Quarry Community Arts
& Eco. Centre, Byron Bay.
• 2000-2007 Studied Thanka painting & helped organize six
workshops with Tibetan painter Karma Phuntsok
• 2003 -2004 Did 2 short workshops with Indigenous teenagers
from “Community Connections”, Lismore, in my studio at Gallery
Cosmosis teaching Block-printing.
• 2003 Completed an ACE (Adult Community Education Byron Bay)
workshop in basic computer skills.
• 2005 Completed an ACE Photoshop skills course.
• 2004 Registered “Dragonfly Designs Byron Bay”, a sole
trading business marketing my hand printed fabric made into
hangings, flags, T-shirts, & also made Affirmation Mirrors & banners
• 2004 I Was employed by “Music Outback Education” (a
foundation set up to foster primarily musical mentoring) to paint a
mural with the primary kids on Titjikala Community, South of Alice
• 2004 Assisted in running 2-day Tafe course in silk painting
with Anne Leon, teaching students in Coraki run through Tafe. I
have also assisted her in running 3 other workshops in her studio,
& have run a block printing workshop there myself in March 2006
• 2005-2006 Worked with Anne Leon Designs, Tasman Way,
Byron Bay, in her printing studio assisting her with silk screen
printing, including large print run production & T-shirt printing on a
carousel, silk painting, batik & marbling. She trained me in these
skills in a 3 month intensive while employing me as her assistant.
• 2005 Successfully completed & accredited with
“Certificate IV in Assessment & Workplace Training”
(BSZ40198) with ACE. Which means I have a qualification to teach
on remote Communities, run workshops through Tafe in block
printing & other art forms, & also run workshops in a studio setting
• 2006 Successfully completed & been accredited with
“Certificate IV in Business Small Business Management”
(BSB 40401) a 6 month course with ACE.
• 2007 Successfully completed a 5 week course “Create
Websites using DreamweaverCS3”, and a 6 week Photoshop
course with ACE
• 2008 Aug-Dec. Successfully completed & been accredited with
“Certificate IV in Internet Technology-Websites “ a full time
course with ACE Which means I have the skills needed to run a
business designing and building websites.
• 2008/10 Craft Days printing with Wilson’s creek and Durrumbul
2008 The “Lighthouse Interior” linocut print is chosen to be
included as the July page of the 2009 Byron Bay Art Diary. (24
images chosen from 200 submissions). This diary is distributed
•2008/10 Craft Days printing with Wilson’s creek and
Durrumbul Primary schools
• 2009/10 Holiday Vacation Care Craft day workshops with up
to 45 children aged from 5-12 years old at Mullumbimby, Byron
Bay, and Brunswick Heads Vacation Care
• 2010 Registered “Dragonfly Web Art & Design” as my website
design business. Started making websites as a new business. I am
“creating websites from an artist’s perspective”, primarily for artists
of all types.
•2010 Media Training Workshop with journalist Stephanie Dale.
Including how to write a media release & get it published.
• 2010 I have a Facebook artist’s profile page at:
•2010 I have a Google webmaster’s profile at:
•2010 I am currently setting up a new business in the Arts &
Industrial Estate, Byron Bay NSW, where I have my a studio to
produce my art works and hold workshops in, and a Gallery for an
exhibition space, and an office for my website design business.
•1992 – 2001 Nimbin Spring Arts Festival. Yearly Group Exhibition
of Northern NSW Artists
•1986 - 2001 Ballina Southern Cross Arts & Crafts Festival - 1st
prize for Textiles 1998
•1998 Darwin Regional Gallery, NT Group exhibition with Art Tarts
•1999 Grafton Regional Gallery NSW Group exhibition with Art
•1997 -2004 St. Albans Gallery NSW ongoing Exhibitions
•1998 - 2003 Smalls Exhibition at Waywood Gallery, Byron Bay
•1999 -2007 Exhibition of members of PAN (Professional Artists
Network) held in Byron Bay yearly at the Byron Bay Community
•2006 Waywood Gallery Eagle Painting in Group Exhibition
•2007 PAN Exhibition at Byron Bay Lighthouse- Lighthouse Interior
•2007 Winsim Gallery Byron Bay 2 Linocut Prints of Lighthouse
•2007 Escape Gallery, Murwillumbah, “Fabric & Fibre Expo” with 10
other Fabric Artists.
•2007 Still @ the Centre, Waywood Gallery, Byron Bay “Flash in
the Pan” 2 Affirmation hangings, in group show with Pan Artists.
• 2008 Group Pan Exhibition at Waywood Gallery Byron Bay NSW
•2008 Group Pan Exhibition at Waywood Gallery Byron Bay
•2009 Group Pan Exhibition at Still at the Centre Gallery Byron
•2009 Fehva Art Exhibition Bangalow NSW
•2010 Art Classic Exhibition Byron Bay