1. What is the difference between Key and alternate search Key? KEY-It is the primary key of the record. Can be used as search key or need not be. Alternate search key-it is used for searching purposes. 2. Which effective dated rows can be retrieved in update/display mode, update/display all and correction mode? Update/display – can view current and future rows. Can update only future rows. Update/display all – can view history, current and future rows. Can update only future rows. Correction – can view and update history, current and future rows. 3. What types of audits are supported by people soft? In case of record level audit what is the structure of table? We have field level audit and record level audit. The structure of the table in record level audit is: AUDIT_OPRID, AUDIT_STAMP, AUDIT_ACTN, AUDIT_RECNAME and can add fields from record.
4. What are Table Edits? We have prompt table edit, yes/no table edit, translate table edit as the table edits. 5. What conditions are required to establish parent child relationship between two records? What are the advantages with that? Conditions are: 1) The child record should have all the key fields of parent record and at least one more key field other than the key fields of parent record. 2) We should mention the parent record in the record properties of child record. 3) We can not go for more than three levels of parent/child relationships. Advantages are: 1) To have referential integrity. 2) No need to enter information again and again 6. Can you place Sub page into Grid? If yes How? Yes we can insert subpage using insert subpage. After insert subpage into main page, drag the subpage into the grid. When we save the page we are successfully able to save the page showing that we can insert a subpage into a grid. 7. Can you hide a primary page in a component? Reason?
No we can not hide the primary page of a component. If the component had only one page then by making this page also invisible we won’t have any component existing so we are not allowed to hide the primary page. 8. What is an Expert Entry? Expert entry enables a user to change from interactive to deferred mode at runtime for appropriate transactions 9. What is Auto Update? This record field property is used to update the date field of particular record with the server's current date and time whenever a user creates or updates a row. Even the user enter the data into that field, the data which the user enters will be updated by the system’s current date and time. 10. What is Record Group? Which records can be included into a record group? Record group consists of records with similar functionality. To setup a record in record group we should enter a set control field value in record properties 11. How can you improve the security and usability of a Prompt table edit.? Prompt table view 12. What are the different ways to setup row level security? We can setup row-level security using a SQL view that joins the data table with an authorization table. andBy having Query search for data using a query security record definition. The query security record definition adds a security check to the search. 13. How does peoplesoft use views? Which are online functions? A) People soft uses views for search records, summary pages, prompt views, reports. Search records and summary pages are online functions. 14. Why do PeopleSoft often use views as search records? A) Search views are used for three main reasons. 1. Adding criteria to the search dialogue page 2. Providing row level security. 3. Implementing search page processing.
15. How can a component have more than one search record? Give a situation. You might want to reuse the same component multiple times with different search records. You can accomplish this by overriding the component search record at runtime when the component is opened from a menu item without creating separate copies of the component. The component override is temporary, and occurs only when the component is opened from the menu item in which the override is set. It does not change the component definition.
16. What is PIA and what are its components? It is n-tier architecture. We have client, web server, application server and Database server. We have jolt and tuxedo. We have WSL, WSH, JSL, JSH, QUEUES and services.
In database server we have system tables, peopletools tables and application tables.
17. Differentiate Field edit and Save edit? In Field edit for each field change, a transition to the application server to the database is taken place. In Saveedit for all the fields , only one transition to the application server to the Database is taken place. 18. What are think time functions? Think-time functions suspend processing either until the user has taken some action (such as clicking a button in a message box), or until an external process has run to completion. 19. In which events error & warning are used most extensively. Field edit, Save edit, Search save, row delete, row insert 20. Is there any way by which you can find out whether the user is in Add mode or Update mode? %mode---returns A---for Add mode. Returns U –for Update mode
21. What is the purpose of the SQLEXEC function? What are its benefits and draw backs? SQLEXEC is used to execute the sql statements(select,insert,update,delete). We can get only one row at a time.
22. How is the searchinit event most often used by people soft application? A)Searchinit fires before the search dialogue page is displayed to the end user.For this reason searchinit is often used to enhance roll level security by inserting and graying out certain values to the search dialogue page. 23. What are the options for using SQL in people code? a) sqlexec b) Record class methods (selectbykey,delete,insert,update) c) Using sql class, its properties and methods.
23. What is the difference between component buffer and data buffer? Component buffer contains all the data of the active component. Data buffer contains the data other than the data in the component buffer (Data of other records) 24. What databuffer classes are available in people code? Rowset, Row, Record, Field, Array, File, Sql, chart, grid and so on. 25. When we select a component what events will be fired? If default mode for component is search mode: only searchinit will fired .If default mode for component is new mode :field default, field formula, rowinit, searchinit. 26. What are different variables in people code and their Scope? System variables and User defined variables. Scope ---Global, Component, Local. 27. What is default processing? In default processing, any blank fields in the component are set to their default value. You can specify the default value either in the Record Field Properties, or in FieldDefault PeopleCode 28. What is difference between field default and Row init? Field default specifies only the default value for a field when we are in Add mode. Row init fires only when a row of data coming from database to component buffer 29. What is difference between saveprechange and savepostchange? Which function directly interacts with the database? Saveprechange---last event that executes before updating the data from component buffer to the database.
Savepostchange –fires after the updation of data in the database. SQLEXEC --- function directly interacts with the database. 29. What is Getlevel0()? What is the use of %subrec and %selectall functions? Getlevel0()---used the get the rowset of the level0. %subrec--is used only in Dynamic View SQL where it expands to the columns of a subrecord: %selectall--%SelectAll is shorthand for selecting all fields in the specified record, wrapping date/time fields with %DateOut, %TimeOut. 30. What is an array in people code? What is maximum dimension of an array? Which function inserts values into an array? What is “pop”? An array is a collection of data storage locations, each of which holds the same type of data. The maximum depth of a PeopleCode array is 15 dimensions. Push and unshift are the functions of the array used to add the elements into the array one from the end of the array and one from the beginning. Pop is a function of array used to select and delete an element from the end of the array.
31. What is difference between Getrowset and Createrowset in people code? Getrowset –is used to get rowset for a record in the component buffer. Createrowset—is used to create rowset for a record which in database, and is also called a Standalone rowset 32. Can you save the component programmatically? Using Dosave and Dosavenow functions. 33. What is differed processing and its advantages? Postpones some user actions to reduce the number of trips to the database so that increases the performance (in system edits, field edit, and field change). Advantages: 1) Reduces the network traffic. 2) Increases the performance.
33. Write the syntax to access third level record field using object oriented peoplecode? &fld=Getlevel0()(1).GetRowset(Record.<level1 record>.GetRow(1), GetRowset(Record.<level2record>).GetRow(1), GetRowset(Record.<level3 record>).GetRow(1), GetRecord(Record.<level3 record>).GetFieild(Field.<field name>)) 34. What are the built-functions used to control translate values dynamically? Adddropdownitem() Deletedropdownitem() 35. How to populate data into grid in online? &Rs.Select or Scrollselect(). SECURITY
1. Before accessing a people soft application what levels of security must be passed
through. a) Field level security b) Row level security c) Maintain security d)definition security e) Portal security.
2. What is the use of primary permission list in user profile?
Primary permission list is used for mass change and definition security purposes.
3. How to authorize the user to run a process or report?
To authorize a user to run a process, the process group, which contains the process or report, should be added to the permission list of that user.
4. How to give access to the records that are to be used in a query?
To give access to the records that are to be used in query, we have create a new query security tree and add the records which we want to give the access and then assign a access group to the tree. After that we have to add that query tree and query access group to the permission list.
5. What are the rules used by the system to determine whether a user is authorized to
update an object? The user should have the permission to update the object. This is given by the Definition security. The group, which holds the object, should be added to the permission list of the user in update mode.
6. What are the different ways we can set up the portal security to access component in
portal? 1) Structure & content 2) Menu import 3) Register component