BID FORM - 17651, Site Demolition - New Parkland Hospital
Bid Form Instructions:
1 Follow these instructions carefully. Failure to follow could result in disqualification of your bid.
2 Bidding deadline is 2:00 PM, March 3, 2010
3 Bid Submission Instructions: Complete the yellow cells in this bid form and attach bid bond or other security, and other documents
where called for, and submit your bid in a sealed envelop to:
Facilities Planning & Development Division
Parkland Health & Hospital System
2222 Medical District Drive, Suite 115
Dallas, Texas 75235
Attn: Ms. Ana Quintanilla
Site Demolition - New Parkland Hospital
4 Alternate Bid Submission Instructions: In lieu of delivering bids in a sealed envelop, you may upload your bid documents on-line at
www.paklandhospital.com/newparkland. Click on "Business Opportunities" and "View Details" for the project “Cityville Co-location
Area 2B Upfit”. scroll down to “Submit Bid” - Enter Company Name - browse for and upload the files from your computer – re-enter
the anti-spam code in the box at the bottom of the page – hit the “Upload Bids” button. A green colored box will appear above
"Submit Bid" to tell of if your bid was successfully submitted (green with note) or was not successfully submitted (red box with note).
FILE NAMES SHOULD BE ALPHANUMERIC ONLY. DO NOT INCLUDE SYMBOLS OR SPECIAL CHARACTERS (i.e.
&, #, +, *, ^, etc.) in any file names as these do not upload.
5 BIDDERS SHALL PROVIDE THEIR BIDS ON THIS BID FORM ONLY. BIDDERS SHALL NOT SUBMIT THEIR BID
ON COMPANY LETTERHEAD.
City, State, Zip Code:
Company Point of Contact:
Tax ID Number:
Minority Business Status / Good Faith Commitment
Please indicate “Yes” or “No”. Is the Business a Minority-Owned or Woman-Owned Business
Enterprise (MWBE)? If yes, attach minority certifcate(s) to the bid.
If the Company is a MWBE, what type is it? (i.e. Hispanic, Black, Asian, American Indian,
Woman-owned (white or other) -
For Non-MWBE businesses, if awarded the contract, what percent of the work is the business
willing to commit in “Good Faith” to MWBE suppliers or subcontractors? Parkland seeks a 30%
Good Faith for construction services.
The Bid Form file is an Excel spreadsheet. Each row in the bidding area below contains a formula that automatically calculates the "Line
Total" on each line where a bid has been provided. Enter your bid numbers in each "yellow block" on the grid where you wish to submit a
1728953e-1b93-4a61-860d-31f743b8c10e.xls Page 1 of 5
Bids - Place bids in yellow cells.
Indicate if self
Phase Ia - Asbestos Abatement Lofland Warehouse, Health & Wellness Building and Parkland Support Services
Asbestos Abatement of Lofland Warehouse, 2130 Lofland Street
Asbestos Abatement of Health & Wellness Building, 5116 Harry
Asbestos Abatement of Parkland Support Services Building,
5000 Harry Hines Blvd. (Offices, Warehouse and Loading Dock)
Phase Ib - Demolition of Lofland Warehouse, Health & Wellness Building and Parkland Support Services
A - Demolition of Lofland Warehouse, 2130 Lofland Street
C - Demolition of Health and Wellness Building, 5116 Harry
D - Demolition of Parkland Support Services Building, 5000
Harry Hines Blvd. (Offices, Warehouse and Loading Dock)
Phase II - Relocation of Lofland Parking Garage Auto Exits and Entrances
Phase III - Miscellaneous site demolition as indicated on plan for site, parking and roadways areas
Phase IIIa - Paving removal, grading and ground cover at new Parkland
Hospital Acute Care Tower building area
Phase IV - Asbestos Abatement of Parkland Owned lots along Tex Oak,
Butler and Redfield
Phase V - Demolition of Parkland Owned lots along Tex Oak, Butler and Redfield
H - Demolition of Lot 18, 5222 Redfield
I - not used
J - Demolition of Lot 17, 5226 Redfield
K - Demolition of Lot 16, 5230 Redfield
L - Demolition of Lot 15, 5234 Redfield
M - vacant lot
N - not used
1728953e-1b93-4a61-860d-31f743b8c10e.xls Page 2 of 5
O - Demolition of Lot 5, 5330 Redfield
P - Demolition of NW 5, 2222 Butler
Q - Demolition of Lot 4, 2226 Butler
R- Demolition of Lot 3, 2232 Butler
S - Demolition of Lot 2, 2238 Butler
T - Demolition of Lot 34A, 5323 Tex
U - vacant lot
V - Demolition of Lot 27, 5227 Tex Oak
W - vacant lot
Phase VI - Demolition of Lofland Garage and Skybridge
B - Demolition of Lofland Garage, 5134
Harry Hines Blvd.
E - Demolition of Skybridge
Profit and Overhead
Payment and Performance Bond
Total General Contractor Bid -
Alternate No. 1: Add temporary road gravel at future hospital building
footprint as shown as Phase IIIA on sheet A-102. (Note: Base Bid includes
adding clay soil fill material and hydro seeding at all areas where structures
and/or paving has been removed.)
General Conditions (Alternate #1)
Profit and Overhead (Alternate #1)
Payment and Performance Bond (Alternate #1)
Total General Contractor Bid (Alternate #1) -
1728953e-1b93-4a61-860d-31f743b8c10e.xls Page 3 of 5
Alternate No. 2: Remove existing billboard and all associated utility
connections in corner of LAZ parking lot next to Harry Hines Blvd. (Note:
Base Bid includes leaving billboard in place.)
General Conditions (Alternate #2)
Profit and Overhead (Alternate #2)
Payment and Performance Bond (Alternate #2)
Total General Contractor Bid (Alternate #2) -
Exclusions, Clarifications, Assumptions in the Bid. List any exclusions, clarifications or assumptions relating
to the Bid including above in the following text box. (The box will expand to any size.)
Below is the proposed project schedule. These dates are intended to provide a structure for phasing of activities
and plan for execution of work activity and may be modified by Parkland as necessary to accommodate project
Phase Ia - Asbestos Abatement Lofland Warehouse, Health & Wellness Building and Parkland Support Services
Building A - April 5, 2010 through May 28, 2010
Phase Ib - Demolition of Lofland Warehouse, Health & Wellness Building and Parkland Support Services Building A -
July 6, 2010 through October 5, 2010
Phase II - Relocation of Lofland Parking Garage Auto Exits and Entrances - May 10, 2010 through July 6, 2010
Phase III - Miscellaneous site demolition as indicated on plans for site, parking and roadways areas - July 6, 2010
through October 5, 2010
Phase IIIa - Paving removal, grading and ground cover at new Parkland Hospital Acute Care Tower building area - July
6, 2010 through October 5, 2010
Phase IV - Asbestos Abatement of Parkland Owned lots along Tex Oak, Butler and Redfield - July 6, 2010 through
August 31, 2010
Phase V - Demolition of Parkland Owned lots along Tex Oak, Butler and Redfield - August 2, 2010 through October 5,
Phase VI - Demolition of Lofland Garage and Skybridge - June 6, 2011 through August 31, 2011
Attach Bid Security. Bid bond or other Bid Security in amount of 5% of the amount in Line 5 above and Bid Form
in a properly addressed sealed envelope. For bids uploaded onto the website, upload a copy of the Bid Security along
with this Bid Form.
1728953e-1b93-4a61-860d-31f743b8c10e.xls Page 4 of 5
Representations and Certifications of the Bidder
By signature hereon, Bidder acknowledges, on its own behalf and on behalf of any parent or subordinate organization and all proposed associates or subcontractors, the
1. Bidders warrants that it can provide proof of insurance in the coverage amounts specified in the contract documents for the work.
2. Bidder accepts without reservation or limitation as lawful and binding the bid submission requirements and rules and the procurement procedures, processes, and
specifications identified in this Invitation for Bid (IFB), including any IFB amendment or addendum, and all attachments, appendices, or exhibits to this IFB.
3. Bidder accepts without reservation or limitation as lawful and binding the District’s methodology, criteria, and process for evaluating bids and for determining the
selection of the successful bidder.
4. Bidder accepts without reservation or limitation as lawful and binding the District’s sole, unrestricted right to withdraw or cancel the IFB at any time prior to, or
after receipt of bids.
5. Bidder accepts without reservation or limitation as lawful and binding the District’s sole, unrestricted right to reject any or all proposals submitted in response to
this IFB including those which meet the minimum bid requirements.
6. Bidder warrants that Bidder has examined and is familiar with the IFB and its terms and conditions.
7. Bidder warrants that Bidder has visited the Property and conducted due diligence on the property satisfactory to the Bidder in making this bid.
8. Bidder acknowledges and agrees that Bidder shall bear, as its sole risk and responsibility, any and all costs that arise from the Bidder's bid preparation.
9. Bidder certifies that neither the Bidder nor the firm, corporation, partnership or institution represented by the Bidder, or anyone acting for such firm, corporation,
partnership, or institution has given, or intends to give at any time hereafter, any economic opportunity, future employment, gift, loan, gratuity, special discount, trip,
favor or service to a public servant in connection with the submitted Bid.
10. Bidder warrants that it has the necessary experience, knowledge, abilities, skills, and resources to complete the used furniture transactions without pre-payment or
special assistance from Parkland.
11. Bidder warrants that all statements, information and representations prepared and submitted in response to this IFB are current, complete, true and accurate.
Bidder acknowledges that the District will rely on such statements, information and representations in qualifying the Bid. If selected by the District as the successful
Bidder, Bidder will notify the District immediately of any material change in any matter with regard to which Bidder has made a statement or representation or provided
12. Bidder certifies that the individual signing this document and the documents made part of the IFB is authorized to sign such documents on behalf of the company
and to bind the company in this sale.
13. Bidder certifies that no relationship, whether by relative, business associate, capital funding agreement or by any other such kinship exist between Bidder and an
employee of District, or Bidder has not been an employee of the District within the immediate twelve (12) months prior to this Bid. All such disclosures will be subject
to administrative review and approval prior to the District entering into any sales agreement with Bidder.
14. Bidder accepts the contract terms and conditions in the Construction Services Contract presented with the IFB.
15. Bidder acknowledges that the District is a political subdivision of the State of Texas and as such is subject to the Texas Public Information Act and no disclosure
made pursuant to such law shall be a violation of any obligations of the District. Information submitted to the District in response to the IFB is subject to public
disclosure under the Texas Public Information Act, Texas Government Code, Chapter 552, unless a Bidder can demonstrate that the identified part or parts of the
proposal falls within one or more of the exceptions to required public disclosure listed in the Public Information Act. If a Bidder believes that certain information in the
proposal is exempt from required public disclosure under the Public Information Act, the Bidder must specify the information and the exception(s) that it believes apply,
16. By signature hereon, Bidder acknowledges ___ (0), ___ (1), ___ (2), ___ (3), ___ (4), or ___ (5) addenda to this IFB. (check all that apply.)
Sign Bid Form
END OF BID FORM
1728953e-1b93-4a61-860d-31f743b8c10e.xls Page 5 of 5