BUSINESS PLAN: <COMPANY NAME>
About the Template
USING THE PITCHBOOK TEMPLATE
Pitchbooks are structured presentations with tightly packed text and graphics. They are usually intended for print rather than projection.
Some typical characteristics of a pitchbook presentation include:
• Smaller text sizes and more dense content layouts to enable communication of large amounts of information
• Simple graphical elements which print quickly and accurately
• High degree of consistency between slides and among sections of slides
To start creating slides using this template, click the Home tab, and then click New Slide.
Customizing the Logo Branding with Color
To customize this template for your business, you may want to To style your slides with your company’s brand colors while
replace our generic logo with your own. maintaining the template’s simple layout, change the color
scheme or create your own:
•On the Themes tab, under Theme Options, click Colors, and then
My Logo select a color scheme.
To do this for all of your slides, switch to Slide Master View.
• On the View menu, point to Masters, and then click Slide
From here, you can add your own logo. You can also customize or
add additional layouts to create even more types of slides with
Prepared by Dilip Rao for Tie Sydney
• Our solution
• Secret Sauce
• Business/Revenue Model
• Why invest?
<TAG LINE: SUMMARISE VALUE PROP IN A FEW WORDS TO
Current Process Problem Description
• Who is the typical client? Consumer or business?
• Describe the problem or pain for the target client today.
• What does the client do today?
• Why will the client pay to solve this problem?
• Show your deep understanding of the client and any insights
the market has missed.
• How big is this problem – how many clients, value of time lost
or avoidable costs incurred, quality of current solutions or
Market Segments • Show proof points – e.g. client you have spoken to and
confirmed the scope and size of the problem.
Size of Addressable Market
Proposed Process Solution Description
• Describe the solution proposed and how we remove/reduce
the pain for the target client.
• How will the client use our solution?
• How is our solution different from today’s?
• Why will the client pay for this solution?
• Do we have any proof points about the acceptance of this
solution? Clients? In principle agreements to purchase when
Size of Addressable Market
Competitive Comparison Competition
DO NOT SAY THERE ARE NO COMPETITORS!
Who are the current and emerging competitors?
How do they stack up against us on the key benefits sought by
Competitve positioning on key factors
Process Model Secret Sauce
What makes us different to the competition?
- In product or service?
- In business model?
- In patentable IP?
- How do we SUSTAIN these advantages?
- How quickly could a competitor match us, given unlimited
Changing Supporting budget? 6m? 12m? 2years?
- Do we have a product roadmap that keeps us ahead?
- What proof points do we have? Client sales, references,
Business Model Business Model Elements
Describe how the business works to deliver value and to make
Customer Segments money, at a high level, but with proof points wherever possible.
•What is the core strategy - differentiation, niche focus, cost
•Is this a multi-sided model, eg you need buyers and sellers to
Value Proposition come together to make money? How will you solve the chicken
and egg problem?
•Is revenue generated from advertising or product/service sales?
•Do you have a ‘freemium’ model?
Channels How do you generate revenues and what is the profit per client or
What is the cost of acquisition per client? Is this scalable? How?
What is the cost structure and does this have any economies of
Key Activities scale or specialisation?
Market Size and Growth Financial Outlook
Quarter Ended 1st Qtr. 2nd Qtr. 3rd Qtr. 4th Qtr. Total
Revenue $7,746 $8,541 $7,835 $8,065 $32,187
Gross profit 6,402 6,404 6,561 6,761 26,128
Net income 2,041 1,865 2,142 1,483 7,531
Basic earnings per share 0.19 0.17 0.2 0.14 0.7
Diluted earnings per share 0.19 0.17 0.2 0.14 0.69
Revenue $8,215 $10,153 $9,175 $9,292 $36,835
Revenue Mix Gross profit 6,735 7,809 7,764 7,811 30,119
Net income 2,614 1,549 1,315 2,690 8,168
Basic earnings per share 0.24 0.14 0.12 0.25 0.76
Diluted earnings per share 0.24 0.14 0.12 0.25 0.75
Revenue $9,189 $10,818 $9,620 $10,161 $39,788
Gross profit 7,720 8,896 8,221 8,751 33,588
Net income 2,528 3,463 2,563 3,700 12,254
Basic earnings per share 0.23 0.32 0.24 0.34 1.13
Diluted earnings per share 0.23 0.32 0.23 0.34 1.12
(1) Includes charges totaling $750 million (pre-tax) related to the Fabrikam settlement and
$1.15 billion in impairments of investments.
(2) Includes stock-based compensation charges totaling $2.2 billion for the employee stock
option transfer program.
(3) Includes charges totaling $756 million (pre-tax) related to Contoso subsidiaries and other
Organisation Team Credentials
This is one of the most important slides, since early investors will
invest in the best team, not the best plan.
CEO Show why this team has the ability to deliver the plan.
If key roles are yet to be filled, show where you will find them.
If funding is required to make key hires, outline how money will be
• Sales spent.
Design Manufacturing Headquarters Subsidiaries
Investment Allocation Business Process Model
SUMMARY: WHY INVEST?
Product Division 2011 2012 2013 2014
Electronics 10.3 % 12.1% 13.2% 17.0%
Consumer Goods 1.3% 2.3% 2.2% 2.7%
Services 12.0% 11.0% 8.9% 9.2%
Widget Sales 78.0% 82.3% 82.5% 84.0%
Installations 5.3% 7.9% 12.2% 15.1%
(1) Percentages based on domestic comparison to competitors in directly related
(2) Percentages based on standing at the end of each fiscal year.
(3) Values provided by a third party agency.
Product Roadmap Summary
Summarise the pitch.
If raising investment, specify how much and how it will be used.
Indicate what share of equity you can offer for what level of
Rel 3 investment (details to be negotiated).
Do you want only capital or also close involvement in growing the
Rel 2 company?
Rel 1 How will the investment make money – what multiple, in how
many years and who are the target buyers of the company if an
IPO is not viable?
Provide your contact details!.