Madhya Pradesh: Means Business
Information Technology Enabled Services
Overview Madhya Pradesh (MP) – State that means business
MP is the second largest State in the Country stretching over 308,000 sq kms.
The State is blessed with large mineral resources of coal, diamond, limestone, methane etc.
MP is among the top 4 states of the Country for industrial investments.
Economic Snapshot Madhya Pradesh is emerging as a key growth center for the Country
Per capita GSDP USD 369**
Gross state domestic product (GSDP) USD 23,983.63 Mn**
Manufacturing sector USD 8.5 bn**
Average growth rate 5.5% per annum
(Registered & Unregistered)
Advantage MP Madhya Pradesh has one of the upcoming industrial base in India
Total electricity generation capacity 6,449.25 MW*
The State is centrally located
India’s first greenfield SEZ Indore SEZ
Investor friendly Government policies
Industrial Centers 8
Power Electricity generation capacity at present is 6,449.25 MW and estimated to rise to a surplus in 2008-09
MP is rich in low grade coal suitable for power generation.
Potential of hydro-energy generation.
Installed power capacity (MP’s share)
Hydel Power Generation: 852.7 MW*
Thermal Power Generation: 2,147.5 MW*
*Ministry of Power (powermin.nic.in) **Source: Indiastat.com (as on 23 Feb 2006)
• The State is well connected with the rest
of India with almost 425 trains passing
MP IS CENTRALLY LOCATED AND WELL
through the State on a daily basis. Of
CONNECTED WITH ALL MAJOR CITIES IN INDIA
these 175 trains pass through the State
capital Bhopal alone.
• 25 airstrips.**
• Convenient air links from key Indian
GWALIOR cities like Delhi & Mumbai to Bhopal,
Jabalpur, Gwalior, Indore and
KHAJURAHO • 5 operational airports.
• Indore airport has the capability of
handling international cargo.
• An international airport proposed in
• The total length of roads spanning MP is
• National highways of 5,200 kms run
through the State.*
• 18 National highways including trunk
routes of Delhi-Mumbai, Delhi-Chennai,
Delhi-Bangalore, Delhi- Hyderabad.
• The total length of State highways in the
State is 9,885 kms.**
• Convenient linkages to western ports i.e.
Kandla Port, Jawahar Nehru Port Trust.
*Source: Department of Road Transport & Shipping (morth.nic.in) **Source: www.destinationmadhyapradesh.com
Madhya Pradesh: A Preferred Investment Destination
31% of the State under forest Over 2,000 kms of roads India’s 1st operational Offers diverse tourists destinations
cover with a largely unexploited being developed with Greenfield SEZ at Indore catering to various segments of
species of rare, valuable Private Partnership (BOT) tourism such as religious (Bhojpur),
medicinal- herbal plants eco/ adventure (Panchmari), heritage
(Sanchi, Khajuraho) tourism etc.
Over 100 agricultural farms with Third largest producer of
an area of over 20,000 acres is cement in India*
available on lease to investor
Favourable climatic Various blocks available
conditions for cotton for power, cement, iron
and over 40,000 power- and steel units
looms are driving the
Largest producer of pulses Over 18,000 technical
and oilseeds in the Country graduates and 230,000
(~75% of soyabean graduates add to workforce
production) each year
Availability of coal and natural gas Over 144 BCM of coal bed 12 blocks with reserves
(G.A.I.L pipeline) along with support methane reserves available totalling 2,585 million tons
from Government to make investment of coal has been identified
in Thermal Power Plants lucrative
*Source: www.mpsidc.org & Brochure: MP Means Business
MP: The Right Place with the Right Environment
Savings in Office Space Rates
(A comparison of rates in Central Business Districts)
Fastest mover* in overall DESTINATION MADHYA PRADESH
performance among the 150
Ahem adabad Delhi
big States in the Country. 100
Fastest mover in agriculture
(MPV - 789.5) Hyderabad Pune
Fastest mover in
Ahmedabad Bhopal and Indore have substantial cost
infrastructure development. (570 Kms)
advantages, even when compared to other Tier
(MPV - 220.63)
III and IV cities.
Savings in Land Cost
Ranks 2nd in terms of Kolkata
(1350 Kms) Vishakapatnam (Estimated Values for Multi-
governance. Mumbai (MPV - 613.19) product SEZs)
(780 Kms) 100%
(MPV - 1000) Pune 80%
(MPV - 206.51) Hyderabad 60%
Key Markets Indore Chennai
Ranks 3rd in terms of law & (MPV - 257.9) (Distance From
order Chennai MPV – Market
Bangalore (1430 Kms) Potential Value 0%
(1400 Kms) (MPV - 362.84)
(MPV - 254.52)
Jaipur Greater Noida
Cost of skilled labour is USD
2.4/day vis-a-vis USD 3.5 –
USD 4.0/day in metros
The cost of land is one of the lowest in the Country.
MP is centrally located. The State is at an easy distance from
Even central hubs such as Indore and Bhopal fare
* Fastest mover is the State where the rate of all the key consumer markets in the Country. well against other cities in terms of low land cost.
improvement between 2003 & 2006 was greater
than that between 1991 & 2003
**Source: India Today (September ‘06 Issue) Source: (Reference: RK Swamy) - Distances rounded off
Industrial Policy: Catalyst for the Investments
The Government of MP has devised an investor friendly industrial policy,
which is aimed at achieving global competitiveness. The policy emphasizes
• Special package for Mega Projects on project basis by apex level
on industrial growth in the state through adopting cluster approach,
investment promotion empowered committee headed by the Chief
establishing specialized infrastructure and offering favourable incentives. Minister.
• Industrial investment promotion assistance – 50% to 75% of commercial
The main thrust of this policy is: tax for 3-10 years
• Concessional registration charges and stamp duty exemption for
• Establishment of a Madhya Pradesh Trade and Investment Term Loans.
Facilitation Corporation which would take decisions about • Interest subsidy on term loan for 5 – years @ 3% to 5%.
rationalization of taxes, facilities of mega projects and other related • For thrust sector industries, 25% capital subsidy would be provided
limiting up to a maximum of USD 56,000
• Land on 75% concessive rate for Mega Projects limited to USD 4.4
• Enacting an Industrial Facilitation Act and to change the rules of million.
• Entry tax exemption for 5 years.
business with a view to make single window system decisive and result
• 5 years electricity duty exemption on captive power generation
• 15% capital subsidy to SSI up to USD 33,000 in backward areas
• Developing infrastructure for supporting the identified industrial • Infrastructure grant up to USD 0.22 million crore for developing private
sector industrial parks
• Partial reimbursement for Project report, ISO Certification, Patent and
Technology Purchase cost
• Reviving closed down/ sick industrial units by granting special packages.
• Attractive incentive schemes.
CLUSTER APPROACH Crystal IT Park Indore
• Indore – Pharmaceutical, Textile, Food Mandsaur, Khargone, Chhindwara,
Processing, IT, Auto Components Food Parks
Hoshagabad, Mandla and Bhind
• Bhopal – Engineering, Biotechnology, Herbal,
IT, Food Processing Stone Park Katni
• Jabalpur – Garment, Mineral, Forest & Herbal, Herbal Park Rewa
Granite Park Chhatarpur
• Gwalior – Electronics, IT, FMCG, Engineering,
Food Processing Life Sciences Project Bhopal
• Rewa – Refractories, Lime Stone, Forest Based
Apparel Park Indore (SEZ)
• Sagar – Mineral Processing
Gems & Jewellery Park Indore
Doing Business Made Easy Through MPAKVN
In a bid to build a competitive environment; industries and their ancillaries would be promoted in clusters based on the availability of raw materials,
skilled labour and market potential. Under this Industrial Policy through Madhya Pradesh Audyogik Kendra Vikas Nigam Ltd (MPAKVNs)
scheme, the State Government, has identified industrial clusters. Many of the industrial giants have their establishments in these areas, however 44% of
developed area is still untapped and open for investment.
Area Developed: 1,330 Hectares Area Developed: 2,262 Hectares Area Developed: 790 Hectares Area Developed: 273 Hectares
Allotted: 618 Hectares Allotted: 800 Hectares Allotted: 125 Hectares Allotted: 115 Hectares
Units established: 286 Units established: 326
Units established: 52 Units established: 121
Major Groups:HEG, Crompton Major Groups: JK, Surya Roshini,
Major Groups: Raymond, Hindustan Major Groups: Birla, Jaypee
Greaves, P&G, Godrej, Lupin, IFB, Godrej, Grasim, Cadbury, Hotline,
Petroleum, PBM, Ayur
Oswal, Nahar Crompton Greaves Special Infrastructure: Integrated
Special Infrastructure: ICD, Food Special Infrastructure: ICD, Food Special Infrastructure: Stone Park, infrastructure development centres
Park Park Food Park (IIDC)
Area Developed: 2,492 Hectares
Allotted: 1431 Hectares Phase II, Banmore,
Units established: 575 Pratappura
Total developed 7,147
Major Groups: Tata, Ranbaxy, Eicher, Rewa, Waidhan area Hectares
Bridgestone, Hindustan Motors, Kinetic, 3,089
Total allotted area
SRF, S Kumars, Gajra, Nicholas Piramal, Mandideep, Hectares
Indorama, IPCA, Bhilwara Mandideep Phase II Total units
Borgaon, Maneri, 1,360
Special Infrastructure: SEZ, Crystal IT Pithampur, Kheda, Purena
Park, Food Park, Apparel Park Megh Nagar Growth centres 19
Information Technology/ Information
Technology Enabled Services Industry
Sector Profile: IT/ ITeS Industry
Information Technology: Evolving Landscape
Growing IT Sector in MP
Computerization in Government Departments: e – Governance
MP: Offering Specific Incentives
MP: An Investment Destination
Information Technology: Evolving Landscape
• Over the last decade, India has been recognized as a major and credible
Information Technology (IT) outsourcing destination the world over. The IT
sector is one of the fastest growing segments of Indian industry. 23.9
• Indian IT/ ITeS industry continues to deliver double-digit growth over the past 20
several years now and is expected to exceed USD 36 billion in annual revenue in 10
FY 2005-06. 5
• The Indian IT/ ITeS industry has been growing at a CAGR of over 28% since FY 2003-04 2004-05 2005-06
1999-2000. Over the same period, the industry’s contribution to the national GDP Source: Nasscom
has risen from 1.9 per cent in 1999-2000 to a projected 4.8% in the current fiscal
• Export earnings accounted for 64% of the total IT/ ITeS aggregate in 2004-05.
Strong fundamentals including a large base of skilled talent, demonstrated quality
and service delivery expertise at a significant cost advantage and an enabling
environment have ensured that India attracts a disproportionately larger share of the
global IT/ ITeS demand for off shored services – and continues to drive India’s
• IT/ ITeS exports from India grew from USD 13.3 billion in FY 2003-04 to USD 18.2 • 100% Income Tax exemption on export profits is available to
billion in FY 2004-05. It is estimated that total IT-ITeS exports from India will SEZ for 5 years.
exceed USD 23.9 billion in the current fiscal (FY 2005-06). • Growth in sales of personal computers (PC) (3.6 Million units in
2004-05) is expected to boost the domestic demand.
• Software and services exports (excluding hardware) are projected to grow at 32% in
• Excise duty on computers and peripherals is nil.
the current fiscal.
• The total number of IT and ITeS-BPO professionals employed in India has grown IT & ITeS industry is expected to grow to USD
from 284,000 in 2000 to 1,287,000 in 2005-06. 148 Billion by 2012
Growing IT Sector in MP
• Located at the very heart of India, Madhya Pradesh is the second largest State and is
easily accessible from every corner of the Country. From agriculture to natural EXPORTS
wealth, industry, power and people, Madhya Pradesh is abounding with potentials.
The IT/ ITeS exports from MP is USD 655 million:
• MP has a made a a significant progress in the last couple of years and is further
• Software exports: USD 11 million
paving way to be at the forefront of the IT revolution.
• IT Enabled Services: USD 644 million
• The State has set up over 24,000 kms of optical fibre backbone to cover all its 313
developmental blocks across 45 districts (One of the highest optical fibre coverage in Source: www.sezindore.com
• Four software technology parks (STP units) are in the pipeline to be setup in
Bhopal, Indore and Gwalior. These parks will be equipped with all modern facilities,
which are required for smoothly operating software export units, including high-speed Soyabean
data connectivity. IT/ ITeS
• The State boasts of 38 IT engineering colleges and provides a learning ground for Leather Products
the future IT professionals by establishing the Country’s first Indian Institute of
Information Technology and Management (IIITM) at Gwalior. This is an added Source: www.sezindore.com
advantage to the investors looking to invest in the IT space in the State as there
would be a wide availability of qualified and skilled professionals at a relative low Proposed investment
MAJOR IT PLAYERS IN MP
manpower cost. of USD 34 million
• The Government is providing various incentives/ concessions to attract investors. Proposed
Major players like Taurus Microsystems and Fujitsu already have their presence in
the State and are on the road to further expand their operations under the favourable
industrial policies and IT initiatives by the State Government.
• The large IT players like HCL and Genpact are also geared up to make their
establishments in the State. HCL has identified their location in the upcoming green BHOPAL
field SEZ at Indore. Genpact India has proposed to set up a 7,000-seat BPO facility
in Bhopal, with an investment of USD 34 million. The company has been allotted 50
acres of prime land near the airport in Bhopal (Bairagarh) for its BPO operations.
Growing IT Sector in MP
Software Technology Park – Indore IT Park – Gwalior
• State of the art facility being set upon 1,00,000 sq ft of • IT infrastructure is being developed on 50 acres of land
space. through private participation.
• Data communication facilities are available through the hi • The Park is being developed as a training hub imparting
speed STPI and VSNL networks. advanced training for the needs of the IT industry
• Fully air-conditioned space with round the clock canteen
and well maintained surroundings
• 100% power backup
Crystal IT Park – Indore
• Developed on 21 acres of land in the heart of the business
capital of M.P
• 5,50,000 sq ft of space under development being
commissioned shortly in the first phase Hardware &
Hardware & Software Technology Park – Bhopal
Crystal IT Park
• IT infrastructure being developed on 200 acres of land near
upcoming International airport
• Developed plots and built up space as per international
standards to be made available
PROPOSED/ EXISTING PROJECTS IN M.P.
• Facilities for housing, entertainment, schools to be built in
and around the campus of the proposed IT Park
With all the ingredients of a metro, without pollution, traffic and rapidly increasing property prices, Bhopal, Gwalior and Indore is everything about opportunity
Computerization in Government Departments: e - Governance
The joint study conducted by IDC & Dataquest, ranks Madhya Pradesh as the fourth leading state in India in terms of
overall perceived improvement of delivery of Government Services through e-governance initiatives.
Perceived Improvement in Delivery of State Government Services to CITIZENS Through E-Governance
S. E-Governance Assisted Service Highest State Scores
No Delivery Area Score
Gujarat Madhya Kerala Uttar Karnataka
1 Water utility- service delivery & support 91.4 85.0 91.2 82.2 80.0 83.4
2 Municipal taxes- payment & information 89.6 88.6 89.6 84.0 75.6 84.2
3 Applying for birth/ death/ marriage 89.6 89.6 89.6 82.4 76.8 70.8
4 Power utility- service delivery & support 92.4 92.4 88.6 80.0 80.0 85.2
5 Filing of income tax returns 91.4 91.4 87.8 90.0 82.6 80.6
Perceived Improvement in Delivery of State Government Services to CORPORATES Through E-Governance
S. E-Governance Assisted Service Highest State Scores
No Delivery Area Score
Andhra Maharashtra Madhya Gujarat Karnataka
1 Income tax department- filing of tax returns 94.6 85.6 80.0 92.4 90.4 82.0
2 Registration of land 91.4 88.0 71.2 90.6 83.4 71.6
3 Executing sale/ purchase of land/ property 93.6 93.6 72.8 90.4 80.0 70.0
4 Income tax department- application for PAN 94.4 84.2 77.2 89.6 90.4 82.2
5 Sales tax/ Service tax- filing of returns 89.6 89.6 74.6 89.6 84.6 75.8
Source: IDC, 2006
Computerization in Government Departments: e - Governance
Government of MP has laid great emphasis on computerization of the revenue generating departments and the departments with large
public interface. Major e-Governance projects in the State are listed below.
TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT TREASURY NETWORK
The department has implemented computerization of its activities viz. issue of Department of Finance, which manages government funds through treasuries and
sub treasuries, is also implementing major computerization project to automate
driving licenses, vehicle registration, permits etc. With Smart Card interface, on a
and network with the State Headquarters. This aims to facilitate information
Build Own Operate (BOO) basis, the project has been operational since January
access on-line and bringing greater transparency and efficient fiscal management
2002 of resources. Project will be operational shortly.
E-KRISHI VIPNAN (EKVI) LANDS RECORD DIGITALIZATION
M.P. State Agriculture Marketing Board (Mandi Board) has initiated Project implemented to computerize the record of ownership of agriculture land of
computerization of all its offices and mandis (around 230) phase wise, to facilitate approximately 6.50 million landholders. It has been operational in the entire State
e-agricultural marketing in MP Private sector company are implementing this for quite sometime now and almost all the records have been digitalized. Copies
project on a BOO Model. Presently a pilot is under implementation. of the records are made available to the citizens, at Tehsil Offices
MADHYA PRADESH TAXATION NETWORK COMPUTERIZATION OF PROPERTY RECORD REGISTRATION
Commercial Tax Department, the highest revenue earning department of the
Stamps and Registration Department, another major revenue earning department
Government, has implemented an ambitious and comprehensive project to
of the Government, is in the process of computerizing its operations. Software for
facilitate on line registration and filling of tax returns. Under this project, a
database of all tax payers has been created and all 55 locations of the department the activity has been developed and a pilot project has also been operational.
are networked Now the department is rolling out the pilot in all its offices on BOT model
• MP is among a few front-ranking Indian States to use e-governance effectively in providing health services and promoting trade, business and industry.
• A nation-wide survey by DataQuest magazine ranks MP among leading States like Kerala, Delhi, Gujarat and Goa in the use of e-governance.
• The State holds first position in rendering pubic utility services through e-governance in areas such as municipal corporation, land (revenue), income tax and law. It also stood first in making
proper arrangements to provide e-payment facility to the corporate sector.
Emerging IT/ITeS Hubs of MP
S. FACTORS The Major Cities of MP
BHOPAL INDORE GWALIOR JABALPUR
1 Population 1843510 2465627 1632109 2151203
2 Educational Infrastructure
Engineering Degree Passouts 7740 3780 2580 2090
Engineering Diploma Passouts 965 665 790 1629
MBA Passouts 1020 1550 370 320
Presence of Major Institutions Maulana Azad National Institute Indian Institute of Indian Institute of Agriculture University
of Technology, National Law Management Information Technology
University Judicial Academy & Management
3 Basic Infrastructure
Air Connectivity Delhi, Mumbai, Gwalior, Indore, Mumbai, Delhi, Bhopal Delhi, Bhopal Bhopal
Rail Connectivity to Major Cities All major cities All major cities All major cities All major cities
Power Supply No power cut No power cut Power cut for 2 hours Power cut for 2
Presence of Major Industries BHEL, HEG Automobile, leather Cement, Ordinance,
4 Support Infrastructure
Hospitals Excellent facilities Excellent facilities Good facilities Good facilities
Hotels Presence of 3*, 4* & Heritage Presence of 3*, 4*, 5* Presence of 3*, hotels Presence of 3*, 4*
hotels hotels hotels
Malls/ Movie Halls/ Shopping Excellent facilities Excellent facilities Good facilities Good facilities
5 Land Cost INR per sq m INR per sq m INR per sq m INR per sq m
Residential land costs- Min to Max 700 to 25,000 1,000 to 30,000 700 to 28,000 230 to 31,500
Commercial land costs- Min to Max - 750 to 4,500 2,000 to 45,000 600 to 60,000
Source: Census 2001, AICTE, Local survey, IGRS, District website
MP – An Investment Destination
• Madhya Pradesh is poised to become the next IT destination of India through its IT infrastructure development strategy and government
support to the investors. There are many significant avenues and areas that can be tapped for setting up and scaling up your
• To further support your business endeavors Government of Madhya Pradesh is developing specialized infrastructure in the form of SEZ
Indore, IT Parks in Bhopal, Indore and Gwalior. Being an industry of economic importance, the Government also provides special fiscal
and non fiscal incentives to the units in the State.
COST INDICATORS FOR ESTABLISHING AND OPERATING BUSINESS IN MP*
KEY CONCERNS OF BENEFITS/
HOW MP OFFERS AN ADVANTAGE INDICATOR VALUE (USD)
THE INDUSTRY SAVINGS
Industrial land (per sq m) 5-30
Office space rent (per sq ft per month) 0.5 - 1
Rising Salaries In MP, the average cost to the company for the same
(In India the rise in executive is cheaper than 15 - 30 % as compared to other
annual savings Residential rent (for a 2,000 sq ft
salary is 13% YoY) industrially developed/ developing cities 280 - 350
house, per month)
5-star hotel room (per night) 80-100
The rate of prime land is among the lowest as compared to Considerable Electricity (per kWh) 0.09 - 0.13
Land/ rentals cost
other areas of the Country annual savings
Water (per 1000 liters) 0.2
High speed data communication facilities are available at a High speed
Connectivity Some of the other supporting factors assisting your
bandwidth of 2 Mbps connectivity business would be:
• Central location
• Low set-up costs (Land, building etc)
The State has one of the longest laid optical fibre cable
Excellent • Specialized infrastructure
network (~ 24,000 kms).
Infrastructure investment • Low operating cost
Large scale infrastructure development like SEZ Indore
and setting up of IT parks in Indore, Bhopal and Gwalior • Low attrition rates
• Government support etc.
* Source: IBEF Reports (2005)
• Conducive environment for industry, package of incentives with investor friendly SPECIAL IT INITIATIVES
• Madhya Pradesh has taken steps to promote IT in
IT Policy. various aspects of governance.
• The State Government has prescribed various
• Because of the central location the State is well connected to the major cities in guidelines/ principles and general conditions for
allowing private participation and investments in e-
the Country through air, road and railways. Presently the government is also Governance projects for citizen services.
• The Government has also initiated changes in the
focusing on strengthening its road transport network. This excellent connectivity of
labour laws to make them more favourable to IT
industries. 24X7 working days has been cleared by
the State is the key to all logistics related issues for the present and the potential the labour department.
upcoming industries. • A project is currently being executed in the Dhar district
of the State to leverage IT to offer value added
services to the common man at the rural level.
• Presence of institutes of international repute like IIM (Indore), National Law
• As part of this initiative, information flows and services
University (Bhopal), IIITM (Gwalior) and a large number of engineering, like wholesale price, details on land records,
registration of applications, public grievance redressal
etc. would be made available online to the citizens of
management, medical and other professional courses fulfill the needs of high
quality education and provide the sources of quality workforce. The cost of • The Government has signed a Memorandum of
Understanding with the Reliance group for
professional manpower is comparatively less in MP (10-15% cheaper) as providing telecom connectivity to 7,800 kiosks
across the State.
compared to other industrially developed/ developing States.
No. of No. of
• Despite the potential, the rate of prime land in the State is among the lowest in
Engineering 61 20210
the Country, thereby offering an indirect advantage to the potential investors by
MCA 45 2310
reducing their capital investments. MBA 47 3735
Polytechnics 49 9094
• The law and order conditions in the State are among the best in the Country
Industrial Training 110 14298
thereby making it a safe place to invest and a better place to live. TOTAL 312 49647
*Brochure from IT Department
MP – Offering Specific Incentives
The State Government has announced certain incentives specific to the IT/ ITeS industry for attracting investors to the State. Following
are the incentives for the IT industries in Madhya Pradesh*:
1) Employment and Land Rate Concessions
• The companies in the State would be eligible for the rebate of USD 556 per job created or;
• A concession on land rate at 25% of the prevalent premium on investment of USD 2.22 million and above based on following schedule:
Project Costs (USD Million) Maximum land available under concession
2.22 to 4.44 10 acres
4.44 to 11.11 15 acres
11.11 to 22.22 25 acres
22.22 and above Case to Case basis
2) Stamp Duty
• Stamp duty payable by IT companies on mortgage/ hypothecation with banks/ financial institutions in IT investment area will be
exempted provided the new unit is certified to be an IT outfit by a designated agency.
• Stamp duty and registration fee exemption will be applicable on- sale/ lease by financial institution/ government agencies/ private
sector who acquire space/ premises in IT investment area for subsequent lease to IT units provided the new unit is certified to be an IT
outfit by designated agency.
3) Exemption on Tax & Acts
• Exemption from factories act, maternity act, contract labour act, payment of wages act, minimum wages act, ESI act.
• Exemption from the electricity duty tax, entry tax and work contract tax.
* Source: Brochure
MP – Offering Specific Incentives
• IT units in IT investment area will be exempted from the octroi, entry tax and local bodies tax for all capital goods and raw material
purchased by them.
• Rate of property tax in the IT investment area will be at par with residential premises.
4) Power Related Incentives
• No prior permission will be required for installation of the captive power plant.
• IT industry shall e provided power through a dedicated feeder.
• Exemptions upto twice the existing FAR for entire IT investment area
• All facilities and incentives declared in the new Industrial Policy of MP Government are also applicable for IT Industries established on
government allotted land/ private land with the single window clearance for government formalities
* Source: Brochure
• With large IT players like HCL and Genpact proposing to invest in the State, and the presence of major players like Fujitsu and Taurus
Microsystems, many more companies are expected to follow suite. And the increasing trend of the industry for shifting from tier I to tier II
cities would result in increased IT activity, eventually leading to the overall IT/ ITeS development in the State.
• Hence there are increasing opportunities for IT park developers and IT companies to come and invest in Madhya Pradesh.
PROJECT STATUS FACILITIES OPPORTUNITIES
• Plug & play facilities Investors are invited by
• Developed on 21 acres of land in Bhopal • 100% power backup the government to
Crystal IT Park commence their
• 5,50,000 sq ft of space under development • Ample parking space operations in the ready
• 4 kms from city centre office space
• Fully air-conditioned space with Investors are invited by
• State of the art facility having 1,00,000 sq ft of space. the government to
round the clock canteen and well
STP Indore • Data communication facilities through the hi speed STPI maintained surroundings commence their
and VSNL networks. operations in the ready
• 100% power backup office space
• Developed as a training hub
IT Park – Gwalior private participation in
• IT infrastructure is being developed on 50 acres of land. imparting advanced training for
the development of the
(Proposed) the needs of the IT industry
• IT infrastructure being developed on 200 acres of land near • Facilities for housing, Government envisages
Hardware & Software the upcoming International airport entertainment, schools to be built private participation in
Technology Park – in and around the campus of the the development of the
Bhopal (Proposed) • Developed plots and built up space as per international
standards proposed IT Park park
Considering the present scenario and the momentum being gained by the industry, the State is poised to be the next IT haven of India
Madhya Pradesh Agency For Promotion of Information Technology www.mapit.gov.in
Madhya Pradesh State Electronics Development Corporation www.mpsedc.com
Madhya Pradesh State Industrial Developmental Corporation www.mpsidc.com
Department of Information Technology www.mit.gov.in
Government of Madhya Pradesh www.mpgovt.nic.in
Indore SEZ www.sezindore.com