THE SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY OF NIGERIA LIMITED (SPDC)
INVITATION TO PRE-QUALIFY FOR CORPORATE WATER BOREHOLE DRILLING AND REACTIVATION IN SPDC
(TENDER NO. NG01005760)
INTRODUCTION AND PROJECT OUTLINE
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) hereby invites reputable Water Borehole Drilling
companies with proven experience of successfully completing similar Water Borehole projects and registered to do business in
Nigeria Oil & Gas Industries to be considered for inclusion in the bid list for Drilling of new water boreholes and Reactivation of
numerous Water Boreholes in Warri, Port Harcourt and host communities within SPDC /Joint venture operational areas. It is
presently envisaged that call-off contracts for water borehole drilling and reactivation will be awarded each relating to either
drilling new water boreholes or reactivation of existing water boreholes.
SCOPE OF WORK
Subject services are for drilling of new water boreholes, reactivation of existing water boreholes and fishing of snapped electrical
Due to the large SPDC area of coverage, the works and services are split into 2 clusters, each with swamp operations:
The Work scope shall include but not limited to:
• Mobilization of water borehole drilling rig & equipment and Site Preparation.
• Drilling and completion of water borehole (screen and casing installation, Gravel packing, Cementation and Well
• Down-hole mud Geophysical Logging.
• Installation of submersible pump and conducting of Pump test for Yield.
• Hook-up to surface water facilities and test run.
• Pull existing submersible pumps and reactivate existing SPDC and host community water wells.
• Carry out source water/aquifer audit with mud and geophysical logging using electrical gamma rays.
• Conduct water analysis.
• Provide detailed report of the water borehole works and water Analysis.
• Site clean up and demobilisation
1. Drill New Water Boreholes
2. Reactivate existing Water Boreholes
3. Fish snapped pumps
The Contract will last a period of 3 years, with an Option for another 1 year.
Planned Commencement : Q2 2010
Completion : Q2 2013
TO QUALIFY FOR CONSIDERATION, INTERESTED, REPUTABLE CONTRACTORS / COMPANIES ARE
REQUIRED TO SUBMIT PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS CONTAINING THE FOLLOWING:
SPDC hereby invites reputable contractors having experience in Water Borehole Drilling and Reactivation Services to pre-
qualify for inclusion in the tender exercise. To qualify for consideration, contractors’ notice of intent shall be accompanied
by the following information:
1. Provide copy of Certificate of Incorporation of your company or business in Nigeria with details of shareholding of each
2. Provide Copy of valid Directorate of Petroleum Resources Registration.
Document No. NG01005760: CORPORATE WATER BOREHOLE DRILLING AND REACTIVATION IN SPDC
3. Provide copy of valid Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three years (2006, 2007 and 2008).
4. Provide evidence of office/facilities indicating address and telephone number(s) and e-mail address.
5. Full details of your company organizational structure showing defined roles and responsibilities.
6. Company’s audited financial reports and funding information over the last three (3) years.
7. Details of and relationship with Companies with which the contractor intends to form or is in an existing partnership,
joint venture, sub-contracting or consortium relationship for the contract execution. An outline of what portions of the
work each company will perform (if applicable).
8. Company profile and evidence of relevant in similar works.
9. Relevant and verifiable reference list of clients for whom similar services (Water Borehole Drilling, Reactivation and
Fishing of snapped pumps) were provided, clearly stating the scope, location(s) and value.
10. Evidence of technical capability, covering total quality management in Water Borehole Drilling and Reactivation ners
Services under Scope of Work.
11. How many competent and experienced Engineers/Technicians in Water Borehole Drilling and Reactivation services do
you have to carry out this work? What are their qualifications? Provide their CVs
12. Verifiable details of Contractors facilities and equipment available to support the contract with addresses of their
locations including ownership of water borehole drilling drig.
13. Evidence of contractor’s ISO 9001: 2000 Quality Management System certification/ ISO 14001 Certification.
14. HSES policy including HSE Plan, Quality Management System, Community Affairs Development and Security.
All bidders are to fully comply with the Federal Government of Nigeria directives on Nigerian Content targets of 45% and 70%
by year-end 2006 and 2010 respectively. In maximizing the Nigerian content of this contract, pre-qualifiers are requested to give
full details of their strategy for the Nigerian content implementation in order to comply fully with the Federal Government
directives on National Content. Plans to include but not limited to:
1) Evidence of presence in Nigeria including details of facilities or plans to establish in-country presence. Note that the
project management team and works shall be executed in Nigeria.
2) The scope of work that will be accomplished using Nigerian resources (human and material)
3) Identify Nigerian scope of work as a percentage of the total work scope that will be accomplished using Nigerian
4) Company structure and plan indicating explicitly the strategy to meet the Nigerian Content Directives.
5) Detailed and structured Training plans for Nigerians and community personnel to certificate level.
6) Detailed Nigerian content development plan including manpower development plans, evidence of commitment to
transfer technology, employment generation and competence development.
7) Details sub-contracting opportunities for Community/Niger Delta contractors
8) List of work items that will be sub-contracted to community contractors
9) Detail list of Skilled/Semi skilled workforce that will be required to implement the above scope
10) Details and Evidence of previous trainings to enhance capacity/transfer technology that was undertaken by the bidders
11) Evidence of location of workshop/office in the Niger Delta where the facilities are located will be a pre-requisite
Non-compliance with Government directives on Nigerian Content requirements constitutes a “fatal flaw”.
NIGER DELTA CONTENT REQUIREMENTS
a) Number of Niger Delta Engineers (Mechanical, Geologists, Electrical & Civil ) with relevant experience in the Team
b) Number of Niger Delta technicians (Mechanical, Geologists, Electrical & Operations) with relevant experience
c) Provide information on the level of participation of Niger Deltans in the Management cadre of the company
d) Detail past experience/present commitment to staff training and development of its Nigerian personnel. Provide a list of
Niger Delta Engineers (supported with CV’s) who could be employed on the project
Respondents should provide the name and full contact information for the officer in their Company who has responsibility for
responding to any potential Invitation To Tender, in the event that Respondent satisfies the requirements of the Pre-
Qualification. Respondents shall also provide a duly authorised and certified Power of Attorney for the said individual,
verifying their authority to act on behalf of and to bind the respondent in all matters related to the pre-Qualification.
Pre-qualification documents, which should be bound and in duplicate, must be delivered to the Vendor Service Centre at
the address below not later than the date indicated below.
This Advert and other information regarding this advert are available on the NipeX Portal at www.nipexng.com.
Note: Suppliers are expected to have attained the "Published" status in the NJQS database to be eligible for this
exercise. Application forms are available at www.nipexng.com
SUBMISSION OF PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
Two (2) sets of the pre-qualification documents shall be submitted and shall be sealed and marked:
All Pre-qualification documents to be subsequently submitted, shall be sealed and marked:
CONFIDENTIAL: PRE-QUALIFICATION - TENDER NO. NG01005760 – CORPORATE WATER BOREHOLE
DRILLING AND REACTIVATION IN SPDC
Each set of the pre-qualification package should be addressed to:
The Secretary to Tender Board, Eastern Division,
Via The Vendor Services Centre (EPF-G-SCNSP),
Ref: NG01005760 – CORPORATE WATER BOREHOLE DRILLING AND REACTIVATION IN SPDC
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited,
P. O. Box 263,
Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
The marked and sealed documents can be physically submitted to The Vendor Services Centre, Shell Petroleum Development
Company of Nigeria Limited, Eastern Division, Port-Harcourt, to be received not later than 31ST March 2010 by 15:00hrs.
Incorrectly addressed or labelled submissions, and those received after the specified date and time shall be rejected. In all
correspondence, please quote the Tender reference and title shown above.
This advertisement is not an invitation to tender for the above services. Notwithstanding the submission of this pre-qualification information, SPDC is
neither committed nor obligated to include any Contractor/Company in the final bid list, which shall only be made up of Contractors and Companies
that have been selected from the pre-qualification exercise. Please note that only the qualified Contractors/Companies shall be invited to submit both
technical and commercial bids.
There is no commitment or obligation, implied or otherwise, for SPDC to issue a tender or enter a contract. Participation in the pre-qualification
Document No. NG01005760: CORPORATE WATER BOREHOLE DRILLING AND REACTIVATION IN SPDC