John Nelson Darby 1800 - 1882
Cyrus Ingerson Scofield 1843 - 1921
Clarence Larkin 1850 - 1924
1. Innocence -- creation to the Fall.
2. Conscience -- from the Fall to the Flood.
3. Human government -- from the Flood to Abram
4. Promise -- Abram to the giving of the Law on Sinai.
5. Law -- Sinai to the Cross of Christ.
6. Grace -- from the death of Christ to the judgments in
7. Kingdom --Christ will rule on the throne of David
EPHESUS SMYRNA PERGAMOS THYATIRA SARDIS PHILADELPHIA LAODICEA
PAUL IRENEUS MARTIN COLUMBA LUTHER WESLEY BRANHAM
53-170 170-312 312-606 606-1520 1520-1750 1750-1906 1906---
70-170 170-312 312-606 606-1520 1520-1750 1750-1900 1900---
I preached on the Seven Church Ages and then drew
them out on the blackboard, in my Tabernacle.
But in there, preaching on the Seven Church Ages, and
to have the sanction from God, drawing them out -
showing how that the darkness come into the church;
Nicaea and the church angels - the messengers. It must
have been right, for, as soon as I got them drawn, at the
last church age, on Sunday morning at eleven o'clock,
that Great Light came down into the building before
almost as many people that's sitting here, come down
and flickered Itself on the side of the wall before all those
people, and drew those Church Ages just exactly the way
I had them drawn there. Now, there's hundreds and
hundreds of witnesses there to prove that.
Taken from the Message "Shalom" - January 19, 1964
THE EVENING MESSENGER 63-0116
Now, there's people sitting here that's a witness of that. Raise
up your hand if that's so. The Bible said, "In the mouth of two or
three witnesses." Everyone sitting there, screaming and everything
else, I said, "There! Now, you've wanted to see It, everybody can
look right at It." Eleven o'clock in the day, standing right there on
the wall, and drawed off those church ages, just which much Spirit,
and then the darkness to show that the Spirit was smothered out and
went through the Dark Age and come right back down again, just
the way I had it drawed. And we got it, pictures of it, and everything
drawed, hanging on the wall. And there it was just exactly. It must
have been that the Spirit of the Lord was satisfied that that was
completed, 'cause He come back and vindicated that that was right.
6. And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in
the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full
of eyes before and behind.
7. And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and
the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying
5. Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures.
And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.
6. And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.
7. And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the
sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.
8. And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides;
and they four had their faces and their wings.
9. Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they
went; they went every one straight forward.
10. As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and
the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on
the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.
And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow;
and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to
And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to
him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill
one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of
balances in his hand.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was
Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over
the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with
death, and with the beasts of the earth.
THE 5TH SEAL
1: FOR THE WORD OF GOD AND FOR THE TESTIMONY THAT THEY
9. I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in
the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called
Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
17. And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war
with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and
have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
12. Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the
commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
2: JUDGE AND AVENGE OUR BLOOD ON THEM THAT DWELL UPON THE
14. And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat
like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his
hand a sharp sickle.
15. And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to
him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is
come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
1. And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels
having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.
5. And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord,
which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.
6. For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast
given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.
3: WHITE ROBES WERE GIVEN UNTO THEM
5. He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I
will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his
name before my Father, and before his angels.
4. And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the
seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and
they had on their heads crowns of gold.
9. After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could
number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood
before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and
palms in their hands;
WHITE ROBES = ETERNAL LIFE
4: REST YET FOR A LITTLE SEASON UNTIL THEIR FELLOWSERVANTS
AND BRETHREN, THAT SHOULD BE KILLED AS THEY WERE, SHOULD
15. For the day of the Lord is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast
done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own
THE LITTLE SEASON IS THE SPACE OF TIME FROM THE CRY UNTIL
THE DAY OF THE LORD!!!
When the 5th seal was broken, John saw souls under the
altar. They were the souls of those Jews martyred under
Hitler. Oh, I know there were Jews martyred in the 12th and
13th centuries, but they were not the Jews that we see
under the altar in the 5th seal. Those Jews were not run
out of Spain to get the Jewish people ready to go home, so
if the souls under the altar were Jews, it would have to be
Jews that God was dealing with somewhere in the closing
hours of the Laodicean age, as God prepared the land to
receive them back home. They were tortured and killed in
various ways till more than six million of them had died. Do
we say that all six million of them are under the altar?
Absolutely not! Many of them went to the firing squad
cursing God, while others of them were crying, "Jehovah!
Be merciful to me." Not realizing why this was going on. It
was to get the rest of the Jews ready to go home.
Now, this is rather a mysterious... And now, for the sake of tapes,
and clergymen and teachers that's setting present, now if you have
a different view from this, I did too. But I'm just taking it from the
inspiration which completely changed my view of it. See?
Notice now, I want you to watch this real close. They were given
robes. They didn't have them. They were given robes--white robes,
each one of them. Now, the saints now have... already have one.
And those souls that's been martyred now down through here, real
true Jews down through there, they'd their name on the Book, that
lived the right life, and done the right thing, lived Judaism to the
dot; and they were martyred by Eichmann and many others.
Honest people, millions of them down there and them Germans
shot them to death, and murdered them, and killed them, and hung
them on fences, and burned them up, and cremated them and
everything else. That bloodless, blood-hearted hungry, Hitler and
Stalin and Mussolini, and all them people that hated them Jews...
70: The Roman Army destroyed Jerusalem, killed over 1
million Jews and took about 100,000 into slavery and
325: The Council of Nicea decided to separate the
celebration of Easter from the Jewish Passover. They
stated: "For it is unbecoming beyond measure that on this
holiest of festivals we should follow the customs of the Jews.
Henceforth let us have nothing in common with this odious
• 380: The bishop of Milan was responsible for the burning
of a synagogue; he referred to it as "an act pleasing to
• 415: The Bishop of Alexandria expelled the Jews.
St. Augustine wrote "The true image of the Hebrew is
Judas Iscariot, who sells the Lord for silver. The Jew can
never understand the Scriptures and forever will bear the
guilt for the death of Jesus."
• 418: St. Jerome, who created the Vulgate translation of the
Bible wrote of a synagogue: "If you call it a brothel, a den
of vice, the Devil's refuge, Satan's fortress, a place to
deprave the soul, an abyss of every conceivable disaster or
whatever you will, you are still saying less than it
• 613: Very serious persecution began in Spain. Jews were
given the options of either leaving Spain or converting to
Christianity. Jewish children over 6 years of age were
taken from their parents and given a Christian education
• 722: Leo III outlawed Judaism. Jews were baptized against
• 855: Jews were exiled from Italy
• 1096: The First Crusade was launched in this year.
Although the prime goal of the crusades was to liberate
Jerusalem from the Muslims, Jews were a second target.
As the soldiers passed through Europe on the way to the
Holy Land, large numbers of Jews were challenged:
"Christ-killers, embrace the Cross or die!" 12,000 Jews in
the Rhine Valley alone were killed in the first Crusade.
• 1099: The Crusaders forced all of the Jews of
Jerusalem into a central synagogue and set it on fire.
Those who tried to escape were forced back into the
• 1121: Jews were exiled from Belgium.
• 1180: The King of France, Philip Augustus, seized all
Jewish property and expelled the Jews from the
• 1189: Jews were persecuted in England. The Crown
claimed all Jewish possessions. Most of their
houses were burned.
• 1227: The Synod of Narbonne required Jews to wear an
oval badge. This requirement was reinstalled during the
1930's by Hitler, who changed the oval badge to a Star of
• 1290: Jews are exiled from England. About 16,000 left the
• 1298: Jews were persecuted in Austria, Bavaria and
Franconia. 140 Jewish communities were destroyed; more
than 100,000 Jews were killed over a 6 month period.
• 1306: 100,000 Jews are exiled from France. They left with
only the clothes on their backs, and food for only one day.
• 1321: 5,000 Jews were burned alive, at the stake.
• 1354: 12,000 Jews were executed in Toledo.
• 1374: The rumor spread that God was angry because
Christians had been excessively tolerant towards the Jews.
God had cursed Europe as He did Saul when he showed
mercy towards God's enemies in the Old Testament. Jews
"were plundered, tortured and murdered by tens of
• 1394 : Jews were exiled, for the second time, from France.
• 1492 : Jews were given the choice of being baptized as
Christians or be banished from Spain. 300,000 left Spain
• 1492 100,00 Jews expelled and 3000 killed in Sicily
• 1497: Jews were banished from Portugal.
• 1516: The Governor of the Republic of Venice decided that
Jews would be permitted to live only in one area of the city.
It was located in the South and was called the "Ghetto
Novo." This was the first ghetto in Europe.
• 1543 : Martin Luther, distressed by the reluctance of Jews
to convert to Christianity wrote
• "What then shall we Christians do with this damned,
rejected race of Jews?
– First, their synagogues or churches should be set on
– Secondly, their homes should likewise be broken down
and destroyed... They ought to be put under one roof or
in a stable, like Gypsies.
– Thirdly, they should be deprived of their prayer books
and Talmuds in which such idolatry, lies, cursing and
blasphemy are taught.
– Fourthly, their rabbis must be forbidden under threat
of death to teach any more...
– Fifthly, passport and traveling privileges should be
absolutely forbidden to the Jews...
• To sum up, dear princes and nobles who have Jews in your
domains, if this advice of mine does not suit you, then find
a better one so that you and we may all be free of this
insufferable devilish burden - the Jews."
• Luther has been condemned in recent years for being
extremely antisemitic. The charge has some merit;
however he was probably typical of most Christians during
– 1582: Jews were expelled from Holland
1846 - 1878: Pope Pius IX restored all of the previous
restrictions against the Jews within the Vatican state.
All Jews under Papal control were confined to Rome's
ghetto - the last one in Europe until the Nazi era.
• 1915: 600,000 Jews were forcibly moved from the western
borders of Russia towards the interior. About 100,000 died
of exposure or starvation.
• 1917: 200,000 Jews were murdered in the Ukraine.
• 1920's, 1930's: Hitler wrote in Mein Kampf: "Today I
believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the
Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I
am fighting for the work of the Lord Widespread
persecution occurs in Greece, Hungary, Mexico, Poland,
Rumania, and the USSR. Radio programs by many
conservative American clergy, both Roman Catholic and
Protestant, frequently attacked Jews. Discrimination
against Jews in North America is widespread.
1938: Hitler brought back century-old church law,
ordering all Jews to wear a yellow Star of David as
identification. A few hundred thousand Jews are allowed
to leave Germany after they give all of their assets to the
• 1939: The Holocaust, the systematic extermination of Jews
in Germany begins. The process only ended in 1945 with
the conclusion of World War II. Approximately 6 million
Jews (1.5 million of them children), 400 thousand (Gypsies)
and others were slaughtered. Some were killed by death
squads; others were slowly killed in trucks with carbon
monoxide; others were gassed in large groups in
Auschwitz, Dacau, Sobibor, Treblinka and other
But during this time, why, see what happens is the Gentile
Bride is selected in the seven church ages and goes up, and
when it does that way, all these Jews that's martyred along
there, because of blindness (laying under the altar) God
comes over and says, "You see what it was? Now, I'll give
each one of you a robe."
Now, or to settle it for those who--those souls (Now, watch
it.) under the altar of the breaking of this Seal that had been
slain in the time between the death of Christ and the going up
of the Church (the Eichmann group and all that, them true
Jews with their names on the Book