Docstoc

IGG Minutes 110518 v1.0

Document Sample
IGG Minutes 110518 v1.0 Powered By Docstoc
					Industry Governance Group                                                       Meeting Minutes




 Date:               18.05.11

 Chair:              Karen Kavanagh, CER
 Attendees:          CER – Seán Mac an Bhaird,         Vayu – David Gascon
                     Ronan Kelly, Gary Martin
                                                       PrePayPower – Aidan O’Neill
                     RMDS – Jessica Gregory,
                     Conor Garrigan, Paul Fuller,      EirGrid - Anne Fitzgerald
                     Peter Cabena
                                                       ESBEI      –   Tom     Shiels,     Alan
                     BG Energy – Deirdre Lee,          Kilkenny
                     Steve Watson, Hugh Mullany
                                                       Airtricity – Seana Browne
                     ESB     IE     –   Bernadette
                     Jennings                          ESBN – Theresa O’Neill, Bob
                                                       Turley, Paul O’Brien
                     Energia – Mandy Reid
                                                       Gemserv        –     Peter       Varley,
                     MRSO       ESBN    –     Aileen   Niemesh Amin
                     O’Connor
 Apologies:
 Version Number       0.1
 Change Made




Slides of the meeting are issued separately


 Agenda:

     1.    Minutes from Previous IGG Meeting                                   Conor Garrigan, RMDS

     2.    Review of Action Items                                              Conor Garrigan, RMDS

           CER Update                                                     Karen Kavanagh, CER, Seán Mac
     3.
                                                                          an Bhaird, CER, Gary Martin, CER

     4.    Keypad Metering Update                                               Paul O’Brien, ESBN

     5.    Gemserv Update                                                     Niemesh Amin, Gemserv




                                         Page 1 of 7
Industry Governance Group                                                    Meeting Minutes



      6.     MRSO Update                                                Aileen O’Connor, MRSO ESBN

             RMDS Update                                             Conor Garrigan, RMDS, Paul Fuller,
      7.
                                                                                    RMDS

      8.     Market Design Update                                          Jessica Gregory, RMDS

      9.     AOB




 1. Minutes from Previous IGG Meeting
           Minutes of the previous meeting were deemed approved.




 2. Review of Action Items
           Conor Garrigan presented the Review of IGG Action Items Update


           Six actions were closed since the last IGG meeting and twelve have been carried forward.




 3. CER Update




           Customer Protection Measures (CER/11/057)


           B Jennings enquired as to the scope of Universal Design, and S Mac an Bhaird indicated that it
           covered communication with the customer. H Mullany asked whether there was an indication
           as to when legislation would be enacted to provide for an national definition of Vulnerable
           Customers. K Kavanagh replied that the DCENR would be shortly providing an update to the
           CER and that she would then in turn update the IGG. S Browne asked when the workshop on
           Universal Design would be held, and S Mac an Bhaird stated that it was scheduled for the
           following Wednesday.


           Action: Recirculate invitation to upcoming Workshop on Universal Design (CER)




 4.   Keypad Metering Update




                                           Page 2 of 7
Industry Governance Group                                                     Meeting Minutes


 4.   Keypad Metering Update
         Delivery Timeline


         P O’Brien was introduced as the project manager for the prepayment project. P O’Brien
         presented the indicative timelines for delivery of the project. P O’Brien stated the project scope
         is currently being finalised with input received from the Suppliers, but is also dependent on
         product selection and the timelines indicated. It will be conveyed to Suppliers shortly in a
         separate meeting. Any further feedback and input the Suppliers wish to give was encouraged.
         S Watson queried the Procurement aspect of the timeline. P O’Brien clarified that was in error
         and procurement process was in tandem with scope definition. H Mullany asked whether the
         scope would be established by the time of design workshops, and P O’Brien replied in the
         affirmative. P O’Brien responded that it would be perfectly feasible to engage with suppliers on
         the scope, and that, although feedback had been given to the vendors, nothing had been
         locked down so far. P O’Brien reiterated that the scope will be influenced by Supplier feedback
         received, the product selection process and delivery timelines indicated by prospective
         vendors. P O’Brien stated that all comments received from suppliers to date have been taken
         on board. K Kavanagh indicated that supplier workshops would be useful to provide suppliers
         with visibility as to the development of the scope and to provide suppliers with a further
         opportunity for input.


         H Mullany enquired whether there would be workshops during the design phase, and whether
         the back end test phase would involve internal and external testing. P O’Brien confirmed that
         design workshops would be held. Testing would be required, but the design will strive to avoid
         as much as possible changing the existing market design and thus minimise testing. The
         impact of testing will be clearer upon initiation of the design workshops.


         S Watson stated that an RM code would need a schema change, and C Garrigan replied that it
         would be done on the back end. H Mullany asked for the date of the clarification of scope, and
         what the process would be. P O’Brien indicated that it would be in two or three weeks, and that
         it would involve a separate meeting.


         Action: Keypad Project - provide outline scope statement for project (RMDS)
         Action: WP19 - provide any outstanding feedback to RMDS (Suppliers)
         Action: Determine and communicate date for workshop on WP19 (RMDS)




         Smart Metering Project Update (Gary Martin, CER)
         G Martin presented a comprehensive overview of the recently completed customer behaviour
         trials and Cost Benefit Analysis work. This presentation is embedded in the RMDS IGG
         Presentation on the RMDS Calendar for the meeting date. Full supporting documentation is



                                          Page 3 of 7
Industry Governance Group                                                    Meeting Minutes


 4.   Keypad Metering Update
         available on the CER’s website. Attendees had the following specific comments on the
         following parts of the presentation:


         Total NPV (€m) by Option
         B Jennings asked why there monthly billing counterfactual options were included in the Cost
                                                                                                         rd
         Benefit Analysis, and G Martin replied that this was based on an interpretation of the 3
         Package requirement that customers receive more frequent consumption information. It was
         also highlighted that an interpretative note by the retail markets working group indicated that
         more frequent customer information meant monthly updates. S Watson enquired whether
         carbon reduction benefits were included in the Cost Benefit Analysis, and G Martin replied that
         the Cost Benefit Analysis showed substantial CO2 and SO2 benefits, but because the CO2
         value is already accounted for in the SMP price, additional monetary benefits were not included
         in the Cost Benefit Analysis.


         NPV (€m) Breakdown by Component (Option 1)
         B Jennings suggested that the main costs were incurred by the networks, who benefited least,
         and G Martin clarified that ESB Networks does incur the bulk of the smart metering rollout
         costs but at the same time they also incur a substantial proportion of the benefits in operational
         efficiencies (e.g. automated processes replacing manual ones). G Martin also clarified that the
         benefits to generation were derived from 2 sources, SMP price decrease and capacity pot
         reduction, but a broad assumption was that these would be passed on to consumers.




         Final smart metering decision – October 2011
         S Watson asked whether the behaviour trials would be ongoing. G Martin replied that the
         customer trials were complete, and it had been one of the largest and most statistically robust
         trials to have been carried out interntionally




 5. Gemserv Update


         Assurance Activity Update


         Gaelforce Power has completed the Small supplier assurance process and are finalising their
         go live date.


         PrePayPower has completed the large Supplier assurance process and CER have approved
         the Gemserv recommendation.




                                           Page 4 of 7
Industry Governance Group                                                Meeting Minutes



 5. Gemserv Update


       June 2011 Market Design Update
       B Jennings enquired whether PrePay Power would operate keypad meters, and A O’Neill
       (PrePay Power) confirmed that they would, but only in the consumer market.




 6. MRSO Update

       CoS in Progress 12/05/11
       P Gascon asked if the registration switch had been on 11 January, and A O’Connor confirmed
       that this was correct.




 7. RMDS Update
       CoS Objections/ET Process Review
       S Watson asked whether terms of reference would be circulated, and K Kavanagh indicated
       that they needed to be reviewed in the light of the decision paper on customer protection that
       the scope was broader than erroneous transfer; being, rather, consistent application of COS
       market rules by all suppliers. C Garrigan added that there were overall terms of reference and
       more specific ones for erroneous transfer.      K Kavanagh enquired about the date, and C
       Garrigan replied that this was being looked into.


       Action: COS/ET Working Group - circulate Terms of Reference (RMDS)
       Action: COS/ET Working Group - call opening meeting (RMDS)


       RMDS Customer Satisfaction
       Action: Implement Google search tool for RMDS Website (RMDS)
       Action: Add jurisdiction column to DR and MCR Webpages on RMDS Website (RMDS)
       Action: Add DR and MCR page links and Calendar link to HRDS Website (RMDS)
       Action: Revise the HRDS Website following publishing of Baseline 2.0 (RMDS)
       Action: Investigate status of Extranet search facility (RMDS)




 8. Market Design Update
       June 2011 Market Release



                                        Page 5 of 7
Industry Governance Group                                                                 Meeting Minutes


        Action: Schedule Conference call for June Market Release (RMDS)
        Decision: Cutover dates approved.




 9. AOB


        No other business raised.




 10. Next Steps
        Next Steps


        Diary dates for IGG meetings in 2011:
        29.06.2011


        10.08.2011


        Conference calls:
        Date TBD (extraordinary Conference Call to check readiness for Go Live).


        Thursday 09.06.2011


        Thursday 21.07.2011


Actions: New Actions are highlighted. Please note that some of these new items have been actioned
since the IGG meeting.


                                                                              Org.
AP                                                                            Assigned
No.    Title                                                                  to           Date Due
109    New Commercial Policy required to cover erroneous deregistrations      ESBN
       MRSO to circulate the New Meter Registration Agreement
347    discussion document by July 18th.                                      MRSO          18/07/2008
645    Provide list of open Defects and timelines for delivery                RMDS          16/07/2010
       COS Objection process: Raise DR to match Option 3 as presented
667    at IGG                                                                 RMDS          30/09/2010
       MCR0062: Investigate scale of problem arising from the current
       opened ended arrangement by which replacement readings can be
680    submitted by Networks in relation to COS transactions.                 SUPPLIERS     09/12/2010
       COS Objections: CER to follow-up on investigation with Survey of a
       random sample of COS Objection customers over a range of
699    months                                                                 RMDS          06/04/2011
706    COS Objections/ETs Working Group: Suppliers to nominate Rep            SUPPLIERS     06/04/2011
       Update DR 1001 v1.1 to extend window for acceptance of CoS
715    customer reads                                                         RMDS          10/03/2011
       Connecting additional unmetered load - clarifications to be added to
718    Supplementary Information on UNM Process Flows                         RMDS          11/04/2011



                                                 Page 6 of 7
Industry Governance Group                                                        Meeting Minutes


      Approved DR 1064 - Interim Manual Market Process for Pre-
722   payment Meters - Progress to MCR                               RMDS          11/05/2011

726   Confirm date of upcoming Workshop on Vulnerable Customers      CER           25/05/2011

727   Keypad Project - provide outline scope statement for project   RMDS          10/06/2011

728   WP19 - provide any outstanding feedback to RMDS                Suppliers     03/06/2011

729   Schedule Conference call for June Market Release               RMDS          25/05/2011

730   COS/ET Working Group - circulate Terms of Reference            RMDS          01/06/2011

731   COS/ET Working Group - call opening meeting                    RMDS          01/06/2011

732   Implement Google search tool for RMDS Website                  RMDS          30/06/2011

      Add jurisdiction column to DR and MCR Webpages on RMDS

733   Website                                                        RMDS          10/06/2011

      Add DR and MCR page links and Calendar link to HRDS

734   Website                                                        RMDS          10/06/2011

735   Revise the HRDS Website following publishing of Baseline 2.0   RMDS          29/07/2011

736   Investigate status of Extranet search facility                 RMDS          10/06/2011

737   Determine and communicate date for WP19 Workshop               RMDS          10/06/2011




                                              Page 7 of 7

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Shared By:
Categories:
Tags:
Stats:
views:9
posted:10/13/2011
language:English
pages:7