BBI20 – Introduction to Business
Wednesday February 16th, 2011
Ms. M. Klieber
Chapter 3 Ethics
Accounting scandals, insider trading, fraud and environmental disasters are some of the
major ethical issues associated with businesses. You will be assigned an event that relates
to one of these ethical issues and research it further.
Answer the following in full paragraph format:
1. Brief history of the company or person.
2. A brief summary of ethical issue.
3. What was the final resolution to the ethical issue?
4. How did this event cause problems for consumers and businesses?
5. Did it create any benefits for consumers and businesses?
6. Has anything been done to prevent similar events from occurring in the future?
SCANDAL STUDENT ASSIGNED
Nugan Hand Bank Matthew Blankenstein
Polly Peck International Maddie Roth
Bank of Credit and Commerce International
Cendant Henry Zimmerman
Enron & Arthur Andersen Bailey Schaefer
Tyco International & Dennis Kozlowski Jonah Eng
Worldcom William Kiff
Pharmalat Evan Walman
Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC Max Kirsh
Bre-X Corey Negin-Fryers
Nicor Energy Jonah Eng
Martha Stewart Mitchell Kennedy
DUE: End of Class on Tuesday February 22nd, 2011