• It is estimated that new branch will be
serving about one million people
• New branch of Bank Infinity will be set up
at DLF Gurgaon
• Total population of Gurgaon over 1.8
• It is assumed that the bank is already an
established private sector bank with
branches all over the country.
Source : www.huda.com
•The opening of new branches and shifting of existing branches of banks is governed by the
provisions of Section 23 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
•In terms of these provisions, the bank cannot, without the prior approval of the Reserve Bank
of India (RBI), open a new place of business in India or abroad or change, otherwise than
within the same city, town or village, the location of the existing place of business.
•Section 23 (2) of the Banking Regulation Act lays down that before granting any permission
under this section, the Reserve Bank may require to be satisfied, by an inspection under
Section 35 or otherwise, as to the financial condition and history of the banking company, the
general character of its management, the adequacy of its capital structure and earning
prospects and that public interest will be served by the opening or, as the case may be,
change of location of the existing place of business.
•Therefore, it is mandatory for commercial banks and urban cooperative banks to obtain prior
approval of Reserve Bank before opening a new branch/ office. Commercial banks including
Local Area Banks (other than RRBs) should approach Department of Banking Operations &
Development, Central Office, Urban Co-operative Banks should approach Urban Banks
Department and Regional Rural Banks should approach Rural Planning and Credit
Department in this regard.
• No objection certificate from the various Authorities
• BRANCH LICENCE ( EXACT ADDRESS)
• TITLE CHECK
• WATER / ELECTRICITY LICENCE
• FIRE LICENCES
• Once the Branch is constructed and ready , the security
officer inspects the same and gives his approval .
• The branch has to arrange for internal licenses like the
fax lines , IP phone lines ,Lease lines, cheque books ,
banker cheques , a 65 kw power backup and load
requirement permit . The license issued by the RBI is
also to be displayed at the branch .
Address – ground floor, commercial arcade, Sushant Lok
1. Area Selection
Major market hub for Banking
Existing Banking Area / Potential Banking Area
Footfalls ,Competitive data , Visibility
Final Decision of the Senior Bankers
2. Location Selection
Infrastructure of the Bank
Real Estate Agents
• A truly retail centric destination
• Strategic location for consumer products FMCG, White Goods, Readymade
Garments, Restaurants, Bank, ATM etc.
• The 10 lakh strong urban population resides in Gurgaon city.
( source: rchindia.org )
• With the development of Manesar and other industrial and office
parks,Gurgaon is perfectly situated to fulfill retail needs
• The advent of the new KMP Expressway will further catalyse growth in the
• The existing population of Gurgaon is considered to possess large
purchasing power creating a large demand for banks.chief
• Over 70,000 upper-middle class households in the immediate vicinity.
• The target market consists of 50:50 ratio of business and service class,with
over 65 percent being graduates and above.
• 54 colleges,schools and vocational institutes within the catchment area.
Why Sushant Lok
• Exquisite ambience incorporating lifestyles products with a balanced retail
• State-of-the-art amenities and well planned facilities.
• Splendid interiors with magnificent landscaping and water-features.
• Situated at the intersection of 4 main(over 100 ft. wide) roads,ensuring clear
access,as well as high visibility.
• This intersection experiences over 250,000 footfalls in the course of a single
Competition in Gurgaon
• HDFC Bank
• The Hong Kong & Shanghai Banking
• Indian Overseas Bank
• ICICI Banking Corporation
• Indian Bank
• Kotak Bank
• Abn Amro Bank
• Punjab and Sind Bank
• Citi Bank
• Strong Room
• Vault room
• ATM Facility
• Conference room
• Server room
• Manager’s room
• Washrooms – 2
• Common lobby – shared by RM’s , RO’s ,
3 months security 450000
3 months advance 450000
Interiors: Furniture, Flooring, Ceiling, Fixtures – Rs. 750/- per sq.ft. 15,00,000
Split Air-conditioners - 9@12000 180000
Generator - 40 KWs 400000
( source:Mr.Ritesh Shivdesani)
• Both the branches are fully computerized (operate on the Finacle Core
Banking Solution platform) and are equipped with the requisite infrastructure
to structure and deliver complete financial solutions and personalized
banking services, both on the assets and liabilities side.
• The branch has a unique design aimed at providing the most satisfying
banking experience to the customers while being aesthetically appealing. It
incorporates the ambience of a modern high-tech bank with features that
appeal to the Global Indian viz. privacy when discussing finance, customer
comfort zones that allow personalized attention from Relationship
• The use of vibrant colour tones, and design elements give the branch a
young and, friendly look while the layout and fixtures have been designed to
be practical, friendly and functional.
Branch Organization Structure
Branch Manager (1)
Branch Sales Manager (1) Service Manager (1) Relationship Manager (2)
Team Leader ( 1 )
Relationship Service Privilege Client
Officers(3) Officers(3) Acquisition Team ( 2 )
Team Members(5 Team Members(5
The major activities undertaken by the bank are:
• Accepting deposits of money from the public.
• Borrowing, raising or taking money
• Lending and investing of the money received.
• Drawing, making, accepting, discounting, buying, selling,
collecting and dealing in bills of exchange, promissory
notes, coupons, drafts, debentures etc.
• Granting and issuing of letter of credit, travelers’ cheque
• Providing safe deposit vaults.
Product and services offered
– Accounts & Deposits Remittances
– Loans Payment Services
– Investments & Insurance Loans
– Cards Investments &
– Investments & Insurance Insurance
– Forex Services Accounts & Deposits
– Payment Services Property Solutions
– Customer Care
– Small & Medium
– Financial Institutions
• Setting up Banners at the site of the branch
• Print eg. Pamphlets
• Advertising on the local cable network
• Pamphlets distributed with the newspaper a day before
• Promoting the products and services offered by
associating with various RWA’s by sponsoring local
• Inviting the presidents of the various residential societies
and corporates to the inaugural ceremony .
• Initiatives taken by the bank by giving personal visits to
the nearby offices to capture their CASA accounts.
• Setting up ATMs at the nearby malls . The cost of setting
up the same would be taken care of by the Zonal office ,
24-Hour ATM Customer Service
DLF Branch Area: 2000 sqft @75 per sqft
Rentals- Rs 1.5 lakhs p.m
Expect to mobilize:
Savings Deposit 25 firstname.lastname@example.org%
Savings Account - sweep facility 10 crore @ 6.5%
Current Deposit 15 crores
Fixed Deposit 15 email@example.com%
Plan of action- To Break Even the Branch in
maximum 1 year
Furniture and Fixtures 15,00,000
2 Copier 130,000
Generator(40 KW) 4,00,000
Fire Extinguishers, Glow signs 70,000
2 Cash counting machine 50,000
18 PCs 7,20,000
3 Printers 150000
Floor UPS cost 170,000
9 Splits Air conditioners 180000
Alarm Systems 2,00,000
5 Cameras 2,00,000
Per Month Per Annum
Branch Manager’s Salary 1,50,000 18,00,000
Salary(13 personnel)-p.a 3,50,000 42,00,000
Electricity/ Fuel cost- 75000 9,00,000
2 Runners 20000 240000
2 security Guards + agency charges 15000 180000
2 House Keeping 20000 240000
Telephones 70,000 840000
ISDN Charges 10000 120000
IT help desk resource 12000 144000
Lease Line Connectivity - 250,000
Parking - 3 minimum 4,500 54000
Traveling Expenses 15000 180000
Rentals 150000 1800000
Postage 5,000 60,000
Stationery costs 5000 60000