DAMODAR VALLEY CORPORATION
NO.BM/Consumable/Explosives/ 904 Date : 05/08/2011
NOTICE INVITING QUOTATION
For & on behalf of DVC, sealed quotation (in duplicate) is invited by DVC Bermo Mines for the supply of
following items as given below:
Sl. No. Explosives & its Accessories Quantity .
1 Large Dia 83 mm Explosives (Booster) 36 Ton
2 Large Dia 83 mm Explosives (Column charge) 36 Ton
3 Nonel 14400 nos. (length 3 to7 mtrs.)
Average length 4 mtrs.
4 Electric detonator CED ( 2.5 m) 1200 nos.
5 Cordtex/Detonating fuse As & when required
Terms & Conditions:
1. Quotation (in duplicate)in sealed envelop shall be received at the office of the Coal Superintendent &
Agent, DVC Bermo Mines upto 12.00 hrs. on 09.09.2011. Due date &time of opening of Technical bid is
09.09.2011 (after 12.30hrs.),. However, in unforeseen circumstances or due to administrative reasons, if
the bid are not opened on the date, the same will be opened on next working day at same time without
any further information. Intending bidders or their authorized representative may be present at the time
of opening of the tender.
2. Envelope must be super-scribed with the ’ENQUIRY NUMBER & DATE OF OPENING’ otherwise the same is
likely to be misplaced/rejected.
3. Tender shall be submitted in two bid mode and two envelope system.
4. The tender shall be submitted in one large main envelope containing two envelopes marked ‘A’ (Techno-
commercial Part)& Marked ‘B’ (Price part) on the body of the respective envelopes.
5. The main large envelope will be superscribed with NIT Number and date of opening whereas A, B
envelopes will be superscribed with NIT number only.
6. ‘A’ Envelope will contain” Techno-Commercial Part “ which will comply the Technical parameters and
its testing certificate and approval, etc. from DGMS /CMRI or any other statutory bodies.
7. All documents to be submitted along with the tender shall be self –certified.
8. There should not be any marks of erasers. Alteration, if any, shall be initiated with date by the person
signing the tender.
9. The Techno-commercial bid (Envelop-A) will be opened after 12.30 PM on the date of opening of tender in
presence of intending bidders.
10. The sealed price bid envelop (Envelop –B) of the bidders who will satisfy the techno commercial part &
terms and conditions during the course of scrutiny will be opened, the date of which will be intimated on
the later date.
11. Quotation received after due date may not be considered. If you submit more than one offer against the
NIQ within the due date, the latest offer received against the NIQ at this office may only be taken into
12. Unsolicited offer will not be considered.
13. There should not be any marks of erasers. alteration, if any, shall be initialed with date by the person
sighting on behalf of the tenderer. Every attempt should be taken to avoid any cutting/over writing.
Preferably, effect to be submitted should be typed/computer printed to avoid any confusion/ambiguity in
the quoted rates/terms and conditions.
14. Validity: Validity of the offer should be 180 days from the date of opening of tender.
15. Documents to be submitted with the tender: The following documents should be submitted by the
tenderer along with the tender:
a) Valid SRC and/or VATRC, as applicable.
b) Technical parameters details of explosives and accessories .
c) Random testing certificate etc. approved by CMRI /DGMS /CCOE/or any other statutory body.
d) Any other related certificates.
16. Rates: The rates quoted by the bidder should be firm on FOR destination (i.e. Bermo Mines) basis and in
Indian Rupees and should be all inclusive FOR destination basis. Bids will be evaluated on total landed
price FOR- Bermo Mines basis. No price escalation will be entertained.
17. Rates shall be quoted both in words & figures. If there is a discrepancy between words and figures, the
amount in words will prevail.
18. Delivery period./Delivery schedule:
As per our indent. The materials should be delivered at Bermo Mines, Magazine with proper security
arrangement from your ( Supplier) parts.
19. Duration of contract:
This contract is valid for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of issue of this supply order.
However DVC reserved the right to short close in case of breach of terms and condition of the contract by
the supplier, DVC also reserves the right to shorten/extend the validity period of the contract.
20. Price & other charges: The price are on FOR destination basis includes all charge up to destination except
Taxes & Duties.
21. Payment : in case of failure to submit SDBG and non acceptance by DVC ,90% payment will be made
within 15 days on receipt and acceptance of materials or submission of bills whichever is later. 10% will be
paid after completion of the contract.
22. LIQUIDATED DAMAGE CLAUSE: In case of delay in delivery, for the reason attributable to the vendor, the
tendering authority reserves the right to recover from the vendor, a sum equivalent to 0.5% of the value
of the delayed materials for each week of delay and part thereof subject to maximum of 5% of the total
value of the order as L.D.
23. The supplier should comply the technical parameters related to large dia explosives and its accessories
regarding its testing and approval from DGMS /CMRI or any other statutory body. Supply of materials
must be strictly in accordance with the specification and/or sample etc. furnished or approved by us.
Suppliers will be responsible for deviation whatsoever.
24. Special provision for Detonators:
The supplier of all kinds of Detonators/Non Electric Detonators should follow a system by which the
Electrical Continuity, Resistance Testing & other tests should be ensured by them and they shall give a
certificate accordingly, in addition to the condition to be complied with in reference to the permission
being accorded to you by DGMS/CCOE.
25. Random Testing:
DVC Bermo Mines reserves the right to ask for a joint test of your products, DVC Bermo Mines will draw
periodic random samples from your supplies and get the same test by CMRI/CMPDIL to ascertain the
quality of materials being supplied by you. Fees for such tests shall be born by you. Random Testing is
must and will be done on every two months or at least quarterly basis of your product. It is also your
responsibility to get you supply product tested at least once in quarterly basis with the help of the
26. Inspection clause : Materials will be inspected after delivery at our store. Goods supplied will also be
subjected to our inspection and approval on arrival at destination.
27. Defective replacement clause : If any material is found defective on inspection, will be intimated to the
supplier/vendor. The vendor will replace the same within 15 days from receipt of such notice in this regard
from DVC Bermo Mines authority, cost involved for replacement must be bear by supplier.
28. Transit insurance of the materials towards any defect or damage shall be to the supplier’s account.
29. Statutory Obligation:
a) The above items should be supplied only with the approval of the valid statutory authority like
DGMS, CCOE etc. wherever it is mandatory.
b) You are requested to ensure to get proper indents RE-11 and no explosives van should be sent without
any indent in RE-11 this is absolutely impetrative.
It will be your responsibility to obtain valid permission/license from Chief Inspector of
Explosives/Govt./Any other statutory Body as may be required for manufacture and supply of explosives
at site. Any DGMS/Statutory permission, if necessary, will be obtained by you. Necessary assistance will be
provided by the projects. No supply should be entertained without having valid permission from
DGMS/license from CCOE for the product even if there is an allocation for supply of the production from
DVC Bermo Mines.
31. PERFORMNCE PENALTY: In the even of failure of Blast, the cost etc. will be recovered from the supplier..
32. Cancellation/Short closure: The tendering authority may terminate/short close the contract, by not less
than 15 days’ written notice to the bidder, to be given after occurrence any of the events specified below:
i) If as a result of Force Majeure, the Bidder is unable to supply a material for a period of not less
than 60 days .
ii) If the Owner, at its sole discretion, decides to terminate this Contract.
33. Cancellation of tender: The tender may be cancelled at the sole discretion of the tender issuing authority
without assigning any reason whatsoever.
34. DVC reserves the right not to accept the lowest rate quoted by a tender and reject any or all the tender
and to split up and award the order to more then one tenderer without assigning any reason thereof.
35. Please furnish you e-mail No. Contract No., FAX No., Tax identification No. and details of your banker &
bank account no. please also mention the name of the contact person with his contact no. who may be
contacted for queries related to the subject procurement.
Coal Superintendent & Agent
DVC Bermo Mines
For & on behalf of DVC
1. The Coal Mines Manager, DVC Bermo Mines.
2. The Sr. Divisional Engineer (Elect.), DVC Bermo Mines.
3. The Accounts Officer, DVC Bermo Mines – He is requested to upload the NIQ in the DVC Website.
4. AMM (Blasting)/Officer In-charge Store, DVC Bermo Mines.
5. The Resident Audit Officer, Bokaro Steel City .
6. Magazine In-charge, DVC Bermo Mines.
7. The Dy. Manager (Vig.), DVC, BTPS.
8. Master copy.
9. Office copy
10 . Notice Board.