Java2SE Runtime Environment 6.0 updates X Installation Instructions
1. Click on Start (Windows XP Version)
2. Click on Control Panel
3. Click on Add or Remove Programs
4. Scroll down to see which version of Java you have running. There should be only one instance of J2SE Runtime Environment 6.0
update 7 (or latest version). If you have more than one instance click on the various J2SE and uninstall them until you only have one instance
5. If you do not have any Java J2SE, please point your browser to this URL:
Scroll down to Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6.0 Update X (latest version) and click on
6. Select the correct platform (Typically Windows/Mac/Linux)
7. Leave Language selection set to Multi-language.
8. Check the “I agree…” box
9. Click the continue button.
10. Click the link underneath the Windows offline installation choice.
11. Click on Run.
12. Follow the steps in the installation wizard.
13. Select typical setup.
15. Click Finish when the installation is completed.
16. Restart Computer.
Note: JAVA runs auto updates. If you update your Java, be sure to uninstall the previous instance.