You mAY ENjoY BEING AN ELECTRICIAN IF You:
• can work at heights and are safety conscious
• are able to work to a high level of accuracy
• have good communication skills
• good mathematical skills.
For more information regarding possible
opportunities in some of the best
MEGT Group Training
1300 365 022
WhAT do ThEY do?
• install a wide range of cable wiring support
• install electrical equipment such as motor control units, switchboards, transformers
• install and terminate electric power and control wiring systems
• maintain, repair and commission electrical equipment and their circuits
• test, diagnose and rectify faults in electrical equipment and their circuits.
An Electrician is a person who has successfully completed Certificate III in Electrotechnology Systems
Electrician and who has gained their Electrical Licence through the Office of the Chief Electrical Inspector.
WhERE do ELECTRICIANs WoRk?
• domestic residences
• commercial sites
• industrial sites.
WhAT Is GRoup TRAINING? hoW CAN mEGT hELp ‘kICk sTART’ YouR NEW CAREER?
Group Training Organisations have been operating since 1981 and now employ over 30,000 Australian
Apprentices across Australia. This system of employment offers you security and variety.
MEGT (Australia) Ltd Group Training Field Officers:
• provide full support throughout your apprenticeship
• support you throughout your employment
• enrol you in training (TAFE) and ensure that you are trained in all aspects of the electrical industry
• pay you in accordance with the relevant federal award.
MEGT Group Training will be your employer then place you with a ‘host employer’. Transfer between hosts
may be necessary to enable you to gain a variety of work experiences that are required to meet industry
needs and expectations.
WhAT ARE ThE ENTRY REquIREmENTs FoR AN ELECTRICIAN ThRouGh mEGT
This exciting industry requires people with a certain set of attributes. When a ‘host employer’ looks for an
apprentice through Group Training they generally need or prefer:
• a person aged 18 years or over
• applicants who have successfully completed Year 11 or 12 of a Secondary School Education program
obtained the industry approved Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate I in Electrotechnology qualification
• a current driver licence and car.
mEGT (As ThE LEGAL EmpLoYER) ToGEThER WITh ThE ‘hosT’ EmpLoYER ARE LookING
FoR hIGh quALITY CANdIdATEs Who:
• have good English and Mathematics skills
• can communicate well
• have good presentation
• have a positive attitude and a real interest in the Electrical industry as a career
• can work at heights or in confined spaces.