Michigan Fitness Foundation
TITLE: Project Coordinator
FTE: 1.0 (40 hours per week)
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
DESCRIPTION: Provide operations support to Michigan Nutrition Network (MNN), as part of a project team, to ensure
efficient and effective accomplishment of the Michigan Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-
Ed) Plan of Work; and to help MNN support Michigan SNAP eligible people to eat healthy and be active. Support
includes implementing and organizing procedures to ensure compliance with grant requirements, and coordination of
training, reporting and materials directly related to program functions.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree with 2 or more years experience in administrative support for large grant projects and/or
non-profits with increasing levels of responsibilities. Experience may substitute for degree requirement.
Core Responsibilities include:
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assist in implementing and organizing operational procedures for MNN projects.
- Assist in the coordination of grant and contract guidelines and work with project team to ensure all partners are
- Assist with organizing and maintaining grant & contract management systems.
- Support MNN team in all aspects of SNAP-Ed reporting as needed.
- Assist with administration of data gathering tools for partners. e.g. on-line applications, on-line reporting, linked
- Assist with product sales and distribution and vendor contracts.
- Review and analyze results of MNN and partner operational performance, and assist program staff and contractors with
addressing action plans.
- Coordinate and support meetings, trainings and conferences.
- Function as a member of a collaborative work team.
- Some travel required. Need proof of valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Ability to implement and organize operation procedures for a complex network with multiple subcontractors and wide
ranging organizational needs.
- Ability to uphold integrity to grant and contract guidelines.
- Demonstrated leadership and initiative.
- Data management and analysis, especially strong skills in Excel.
- The ability to learn, implement new technology to support programs.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills, including new media skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and understand the value of networking with partners.
Please submit letter of interest and resume or CV to:
Michigan Fitness Foundation
ATTN: Patricia Abood, Operations Coordinator
PO BOX 27187, Lansing, MI 48909
This position is grant funded and considered non-exempt according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Michigan Fitness Foundation is an at-will employer.