AP Government and Politics
Wilson Chapter 2
The following terms and questions are meant to be guide to help you read & outline the
chapter. Understanding political science terminology is crucial to your success in the
course. You may receive a reading quiz on this information. You may use YOUR OWN
handwritten notes/outline to help you complete the quiz. This outline should be
completed on a separate piece of paper and must be in class for you to take the quiz.
IDENTIFY : Completely define all of the following:
1) Annapolis Meeting 15) line item veto
2) Anti-Federalist 16) John Locke
3) Articles of Confederation 17) James Madison
4) Charles A. Beard 18) Massachusetts Constitution
5) Bill of Attainder 19) Forrest McDonald
6) Bill of Rights 20) Natural rights
7) Confederation 21) New Jersey Plan
8) constitution 22) Pennsylvania Constitution
9) “unalienable rights” 23) Separation of Powers
10) ex post facto laws 24) Shay’s Rebellion
11) Federalism 25) Virginia Plan
12) Federalist Papers 26) Declaration of Independence
13) Great Compromise 27) republic
14) habeas corpus 28) Ratification
1) Why was the concept of limited government so important to the Founding
Fathers? How did they attempt to limit government and democracy?
2) Who were the framers? Do you agree with the Beard analysis?
3) Explain the political maneuvering behind the Great Compromise?
4) Why was there originally no Bill of Rights and why was it promised?
5) What were some major problems with the constitutions of Pennsylvania
6) How was slavery handled by the Constitution?
7) How do Federalism and the separation of power differ?
8) What problems exist with the constitution and what reforms have been
proposed to remedy these problems?