11th, 12th, 13th JULY, 2008
• Uralla Golf Course is 18 holes
• From 12 noon golfers will be able to tackle
REGISTRATION FRIDAY NIGHT
• Registration will be at the Bottom Pub from
6.30pm on Friday night
• Participants will receive special garment once
team captains have verified payment
• Team captains meeting will be at 8.30pm and
will give last minute instructions and updates
of Relay advise.
Event 1 (9.30am) HORSEMANSHIP
• The Relay will start at Harlowe Horse Ranch
• Each team will need one rider only to ride and
locate their team’s money bag requiring riding
and searching in a paddock that is approx.
1km x 500 mtrs.
• Thunderbolt was a great horseman and
horsemanship will be highly regarded
Event 2(9.45am) HIGHWAY ROBBERY
• Each team consisting of 5 relay runners will
take the money bag and run from the horse
farm to the Racetrack via Roads and Tracks
on a defined course.
• The best runner from each team will set off 5
minutes later to attempt to catch other teams
and relieve them of some of their money.
Event 3 (10am) A DAY AT THE RACES
• Uralla Racetrack is an eerie place and is
almost as it was in the 1860’s.
• Each team consisting of 10 runners will
spread around the track and ride a hobby
horse approx 160 mtrs per runner around the
• Teams will be able to gamble on the result
• Morning tea will be served trackside
Event 4 (10.20am) CAPPISSOTTE’S BIKE
• Italian 6 day bike rider Giovanni Cappissote
was held up by Thunderbolt near the
racetrack and relieved of $7.35
• He rode back into Uralla and advised the
Police that Thunderbolt was about.
• This event involves a bike ride back into town
including riding under a horse.
Event 5 (10.45am) SHANK’S PONY
• In his escape Thunderbolt used an inferior
horse to go approx 4kms west of town.
• He got caught at Wallaby Creek near some
gold fossicking area
• As many bushwalkers as each team can
muster will cover the magnificent terrain and
arrive at the creek bed closest to the secret
Event 6 (11am) THE CHASE GROUP
• A chase group will set off on a different path
with runners and bike riding the main events
• 4 Runners for between 20 mtrs and 600 mtrs
plus 1 cyclist for 5k will be needed
Event 7(11.40am) FOSSICKING
• Up to 100,000 miners dug the gold out of this
area. At one stage there were 80pubs
• Each team will be given an area to scour for
gold nuggets to add to their collection
Event 8 (11.50am) GOLD PANNING
• The panning race will require 4 panners from
• Panning pans, gold and water will be
Event 9 (12noon) Hide & Bail Up
• Requires one member of each team to go into
hiding to await and attempt to bail up a
member of the opposition team
• This event is over 3 kms so each team needs
at least 2 runners capable of running up to
• Finishes at Whyworry Winery where Lunch
and wine tasting will be effected.
Event 10 (1pm) Shuttle & Shot Relay
• 8 Runners from each team for a 4 x 30 mtrs
• 2 members from each team to put Shot
Event 11 (1.30pm) HASH RUN
• This will be a traditional hash run over approx
7kms with plenty of diverse country
• Recommended for 4 of the best runners from
• Rewards will be given for superior hash skills
reminiscent of Thunderbolt
Event 12 (2.00pm) HERITAGE WALK
• This Event is a walk around Uralla Village to
admire the magnificent Architecture and
collect more Gold for answers given to the
questionnaire about the town
• Open to all those not on the Hash run
Event 13 (2.30pm) IRISH ROAD BOWLS
• Irish Road Bowls will bring the teams ack to
• Each team will need 3 members, one to bowl,
one to chase and one to make sure the other
teams are not cheating.
Event 14(2.40pm) ASIAN PUZZLE
• From information obtained during the day
solve the main puzzle from the Relay.
• This puzzling will take place during the
Event 15 (6.30pm) HASH ON SHOW
• The Saturday night shindig will commence
with drinks and include Dinner, Dancing and
Relay Results and finish up at some ungodly
• As part of the Results, Each team is invited to
perform a poem written about either
Thunderbolt, Uralla or the Relay
• Was Thunderbolt really killed.
• Find out on Sunday morning when the Hash
Recovery Run and Brunch is held