Why United HealthCare?
• UHC’s Value Proposition
• Networks – Maricopa/Pinal Counties
• Passport Program
• Dual Product – United HealthCare Dual Complete
2 Proprietary and Confidential
Share the FACTS about United HealthCare:
• Financially Stable: Fortune 21 company; prices do not
fluctuate drastically; Largest Healthcare Provider
• AARP: branding relationship
• Commitment: shareholders, bondholders, policy
holders and our sales channels
• Trust: 1/5 Seniors own our product; we will deliver on
• Support: Good Corporate Citizen; give millions to non-
profits: Alzheimer's and Diabetes Coalitions
3 Proprietary and Confidential
• Value Proposition - United HealthCare (UHC)
– Plans available nationwide
– Longevity in the market
– Comprehensive product portfolio
– Commitment to growth in the senior market to maintain largest MA
• Value Proposition – Phoenix
– 25 year commitment to the Phoenix market
– Largest Medicare plan in Arizona with approximately 136,000
members statewide, 72,000 in Maricopa County, and 20,000
– 1 out of every 6 Medicare Beneficiaries in Phoenix is a UHC
Member - 36% market share
– One of the most comprehensive provider networks
4 Proprietary and Confidential
Value Proposition to our Agents
Compliance is our Rock…
so United HealthCare is dedicated to keeping our agents compliant by providing tools such as:
• Agent Toolkit
– Learning Center
– Product Information and Materials
– Online Enrollment
– Applications and Enrollment
– Commission Status
– Resource Center
• Local Support Team
– Manager of Agent Development and Education
• Heather Heineke
• Abe Valdez
– Area Sales Manager
• Carrie Barker-Settles
5 Proprietary and Confidential
PCPs can be in multiple networks
If you identify a member who wants a PCP in several networks, ask the question,
“If you were hospitalized, what hospital would you like to be admitted?” That helps
identify which network to assign member.
Also, check to see if member is seeing any specialists, to ensure they are in the
Thunderbird Network - Banner Thunderbird Hospital
SunHealth Network - Boswell and Del Webb Hospitals
Banner East Valley Network - Banner Desert Hospital, Banner Baywood, and
Phoenix Secure Hospital Network- John C Lincoln Hospitals, Chandler
Regional, Mercy Gilbert, Tempe St. Lukes, Phoenix St. Lukes, Scottsdale
HealthCare, Mountain Vista, Arrowhead, Maryvale, Paradise Valley, Phoenix Baptist,
West Valley Hospitals, Banner Estrella Hospital
LifePrint Network (NEW FOR 1/1/11) Same Hospitals as Phoenix Secure
6 Proprietary and Confidential
• Report your marketing/sales events as soon as you schedule them.
– Be sure any changes are immediately updated in the system so they can be reported to Centers for
Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
– Be sure all registered events are conducted as scheduled unless you receive permission from your
Sales Manager to cancel it.
– New events, changes to events, and cancellation of events should be entered at least 72
hours prior to the event to ensure timely CMS reporting.
• Use the Meeting in a Box to assist conducting a compliant presentation. The Pre-Sale kit
contains the required disclosure statements…please make sure to have the Pre-Sale kits
available at the presentation.
• At the beginning of the presentation, list all the plans/products that will be discussed.
• Use only the CMS approved sign-in sheet provided by UnitedHealthCare. Do not use the
bConnected roster or a blank sheet as a sign-in sheet.
• Do not require potential enrollees to provide their contact information. Providing contact
information is completely optional for the consumer.
• The PFFS disclaimer must be read if a PFFS plan is being presented.
• Medicare C Checklist
• AARP Talking Points
– "We are the only MA plan that carries the AARP name"
7 Proprietary and Confidential
• MAPD, AARP RX, and Dual product all have different formularies
• New Pharmacy Saver Program
– Pharmacy Saver will provide United Healthcare’s Medicare plan members valuable cost
savings plus the flexibility and convenience of accessing their prescriptions at many of
America’s most popular pharmacies. Beginning Jan. 1, 2011, members can take
advantage of Pharmacy Saver at more than 3,000 pharmacy locations nationwide and
with our own mail service pharmacy.
– Pharmacies participating in the program include:
Fry's and Safeway Inc.
• To learn more about our Pharmacy Saver program, visit
8 Proprietary and Confidential
• Here’s How the UnitedHealth
Passport® Program Works - Before
a member travels, they need to make
sure to activate the UnitedHealth UnitedHealth Passport® Service Area
Passport program to make certain The red states on the map below show the states
their health care coverage travels with in which there are UnitedHealth Passport service areas.
them. To activate your coverage, call
SecureHorizons Customer Service
from 8 a.m.–8 p.m. local time, 7 days
• No Additional Costs — Pay no
additional charge for health care
coverage while you travel within the
service area, except applicable
copays and coinsurance.
• Access to Care — Receive
non-emergency care benefit coverage
when traveling within the service area,
including preventive care, specialist
care and hospitalizations (Emergency
care is covered worldwide.)
9 Proprietary and Confidential
UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete
Medicare Advantage SNP
• Update on 2011 benefits: Dental, Hearing, Health
• Eligibility Verification
• Personal Care Specialist
• Contact List
10 Proprietary and Confidential
Thank you for participating!
11 Proprietary and Confidential