Docstoc

03b - Draft Hobart NC minutes

Document Sample
03b - Draft Hobart NC minutes Powered By Docstoc
					Australian Greens National Council, Hobart, July 2008
DRAFT MINUTES                                                                                                                     version 2




                                                Australian Greens
                                                 National Council
                           Sat 12 & Sun 13 July 2008, HOBART
                 Sovereign Room, Hobart Function and Conference Centre
                           1 Elizabeth Street Pier, Hobart, TAS

                                                 DRAFT MINUTES



SATURDAY 12 JULY

1.        INTRODUCTIONS
1.1       Welcome
          The meeting opened at 9.15am with Karen Cassidy facilitating. Karen paid respect to the
          traditional and original owners of the land, the Mouheneenner people, and to those that have
          passed before us, acknowledged today’s Tasmanian Aboriginal Community who are now the
          Custodians of this land, and on their behalf welcomed everyone to the meeting.


1.2       Attendance
          The meeting went round the room for introductions. Delegates in attendance were:
          ACT (2, rotating amongst): Gösta Lyngå, Helen Woittiez, Ebony Bennett, Alan Hopkins,
          Sean Downes.
          NSW (3, rotating amongst): Tony Hickey, Chris Harris, Chris Maltby, James Diack, Michael
          Aaronson.
          NT (2): Emma Young, Derek Schild.
          QLD (2): Larissa Waters, Bernie Williams.
          South Australia (2): Nikki Mortier, Jake Wishart.
          Tasmania (2, rotating amongst): Karen Cassidy, Alan Taylor, Corey Peterson, Imogen
          Birley, Scott Jordan, Marrette Corby, Cassy O’Connor.
          Victoria (3, rotating amongst): Andrea Millsom, Sarah Jefford, Sue Plowright, Michele
          Fountain.
          WA (2): Lynn MacLaren, Kate Davis.
          Federal Parliamentarians (1, rotating amongst): Sen. Bob Brown (Tas), Sen. Rachel
          Siewert (WA), Sen. Christine Milne (Tas), Sen. Sarah Hanson-Young (SA), Sen. Scott Ludlam
          (WA).
          Non-voting National Office Bearers: Alison Xamon (Convenor), Lesa de Leau (Deputy
          Convenor), Chris Chaplin (Secretary), Ray Goodlass (Deputy Secretary), Brett Constable
          (Treasurer), Michael Kane (Deputy Treasurer).




                                                           — Page 1 of 20 —
   Please consider the environment before you print this document. Choose eco-friendly paper stock. Reduce paper usage by sharing with
someone else, or by printing double-sided or on scrap paper. Eliminate paper usage by viewing online or downloading to PC or portable device.
Australian Greens National Council, Hobart, July 2008
DRAFT MINUTES                                                                                                                     version 2



1.3       Apologies
          None.


1.4       Observers
          Observers present were: Elliot Gingold (International Co-Secretary), Giz Watson MLC (WA),
          Felicity Hill (WA), Colleen Hartland MLC (Vic), Mark Parnell MLC (SA), Penny Wright (SA),
          Zane Young (SA), Margaret Blakers (Tas), Lee Rhiannon MLC (NSW), Richard Di Natale
          (Vic), Julia Denton-Barker.
          Chris Chaplin reminded delegates of the importance of safe meeting procedure and proposed
          that the meeting continue with the July 2007 and February 2008 procedure for observer
          participation, but that this now be adopted as a Bylaw. Bob Brown proposed an amendment,
          that the words “and have the permission of their State delegates” be added to point two.
          AGREED.
          Chris then put the amended proposal:
          ―Bylaw on Observer Participation
          1. Observers should generally raise an issue with their State delegates if they have
             something to say about a matter under discussion.
          2. Observers may speak if they have new, relevant and important information for the
             meeting and have the permission of their State delegates.
          3. The Facilitator has discretion to add an observer to the speaking list but will
             normally allow at least three delegates the opportunity to speak first.
          4. The Facilitator will advise the meeting if they intend to close the speaking list, e.g.
             due to time constraints.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS


1.5       Acknowledgments
          The meeting acknowledged by acclamation the invaluable contribution of Peg Putt as retiring
          Parliamentary Leader of the Tasmanian Greens, and congratulated Nick McKim as the new
          Parliamentary Leader.


1.6       Agenda review
          Karen advised that the media would arrive at 10.30am for Bob’s Senate Report. Also, Richard
          Di Natale’s flight has been delayed, so the meeting will need to be flexible with the Agenda.


2.        MINUTES OF PREVIOUS NATIONAL COUNCIL
          Proposal – ―That the Minutes of the National Council convened in Sydney on Sunday 24
          February 2008 be confirmed.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS

          Chris Chaplin noted that the draft Minutes of the Special National Conference held in Sydney
          23-24 February 2008 had been circulated for information but would not be considered for
          confirmation until the next National Conference.


3.        RATIFICATION OF QDMG DECISIONS
          Proposal – ―That the QDMG decisions for February-July 2008 be ratified.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS



                                                           — Page 2 of 20 —
   Please consider the environment before you print this document. Choose eco-friendly paper stock. Reduce paper usage by sharing with
someone else, or by printing double-sided or on scrap paper. Eliminate paper usage by viewing online or downloading to PC or portable device.
Australian Greens National Council, Hobart, July 2008
DRAFT MINUTES                                                                                                                     version 2



4.        URGENCY MOTIONS
          The following issues were accepted as urgent by the meeting:
           - Returning Officer for National Conference
           - Climate Change
           - Ingrid Betancourt
           - Camp for Climate Action
           - AGCG WGs Audit
           - Green Institute


5.        REPORTS
5.1       Global Greens
                                           nd
          A written report on the 2 Global Greens Congress, in Sao Paulo Brazil in May 2008, had
          been tabled. On behalf of GIG, Elliot Gingold presented a verbal report.
          Bob Brown acknowledged the critical organising role of Hannah Aulby, Louise Crossley, Tom
          Millen and especially Margaret Blakers without whom the Congress would not have happened.
          Christine Milne noted the importance of the establishment of the Global Greens Secretariat,
          and Bob underlined this.
          Michele Fountain emphasised the contribution of the Global Young Greens at the Congress,
          and thanked the Australian Greens for their support of the Young Greens.
          Margaret Blakers acknowledged the organising work that Julia Denton-Barker did for the
          Congress.
          Proposal – ―That the meeting accept the Global Greens Report & note our thanks to the
          Australian organisers, delegates & observers.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS


5.1.1     Proposals arising from Global Greens report
          Proposal 9.1 – ―That the Australian Greens write formally to the Brazilian Greens
          thanking them for hosting the Congress, and offer specific thanks to Marco Antonio
          Mroz, Roberta Morena and Thulio Pompeu.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS


5.2       Strategic Review
          Richard spoke to his report on the Strategic Review process and outcomes.
          Bob thanked Richard for the work that had been put into the Review.
          Proposal – ―That National Council accepts the verbal report from Richard di Natale,
          Project Officer, on the strategic planning process.‖
          AGREED BY ACCLAMATION


5.3       Officebearer Reports
5.3.1     National Treasurer (Brett Constable)
          Brett spoke briefly to his tabled report.
          Proposal – ―That the Treasurer‘s Report be accepted.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS



                                                           — Page 3 of 20 —
   Please consider the environment before you print this document. Choose eco-friendly paper stock. Reduce paper usage by sharing with
someone else, or by printing double-sided or on scrap paper. Eliminate paper usage by viewing online or downloading to PC or portable device.
Australian Greens National Council, Hobart, July 2008
DRAFT MINUTES                                                                                                                     version 2



The meeting adjourned briefly while the media set up for Bob‟s report.


5.6       Senators’ Reports
          Senator Bob Brown gave a verbal report, with media present. In particular, Bob expressed his
          thanks on behalf of the party to Kerry Nettle. Bob also discussed the excitement and
          challenges for the five senators, including our new Senators Sarah Hanson-Young and Scott
          Ludlam.


Prior to adjourning the meeting for morning tea, Alison (Convenor) proposed that in the interests of
manageable workshops and interstate fairness, each State limit itself to two persons with speaking
rights in any workshop. AGREED.
The meeting adjourned for morning tea, and afterwards proceeded to workshops A (Strategic Plan)
and B (Income Levy).


WORKSHOP REPORTS
A, B      Strategic Plan (A) and Income Levy (B)
          Chris Chaplin (for the Strategic Plan workshop) and Brett Constable (for the Income Levy)
          both reported that their respective workshops had been positive and had worked towards
          resolution of contentious items, which will be addressed in the next workshops.


5         REPORTS (continued)
5.4       2007 NECC Report and Recommendations
          Lesa spoke to the report.
          Andrea Millsom noted that “continuous campaigning” was a clear aspiration underpinning the
          Report but hadn’t been explicitly referred to in the document, and requested that the proposal
          accepting the Report incorporate this aspiration. Another question was the appointment of a
          campaign coordinator. Lesa de Leau said the Report recommendations addressed both
          issues.
          There was discussion and amendment of the proposals related to the NECC Report.
          Proposal as amended – ―That National Council:
          1. Receive and note the NECC 2007 Federal Election Report which will inform the next
             national election campaign committee;
          2. Call on States to select their NECC reps by the end of August with the intention they
             would continue through until the debrief of the next federal election (see
             Recommendation 2.2.2 and 2.2.3).‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS


The meeting adjourned for lunch, and proceeded to workshops C (Strategic Plan / Operational Plan
Priority Actions) and D (Income Levy / Budget).


WORKSHOP REPORTS (continued)
C         Strategic Plan / Operational Plan Priority Actions
          Chris Chaplin reported that this workshop had been successful in developing a consensus
          recommendation to Council.




                                                           — Page 4 of 20 —
   Please consider the environment before you print this document. Choose eco-friendly paper stock. Reduce paper usage by sharing with
someone else, or by printing double-sided or on scrap paper. Eliminate paper usage by viewing online or downloading to PC or portable device.
Australian Greens National Council, Hobart, July 2008
DRAFT MINUTES                                                                                                                     version 2



          Proposal – ―That National Council accept the Draft Strategic Plan 2008-2011 with the
          following amendments:
          Title – insert ―Draft‖ before ―Australian Greens Strategic Plan‖
                                                                           st
          Mission – replace ―power‖ with ―effect‖ in 1 para.
          Vision – insert ―war‖ and ―grassroots‖ in 3rd para: ―We seek to eradicate poverty, war,
          oppression and discrimination and to build a society underpinned by values of
          grassroots participatory democracy, […]‖; insert ―, peaceful‖ after ―ecologically
          sustainable‖.
          Goals – Goal 1: insert ―and influence‖ after ―representation‖; Goal 2: replace ―Build‖
          with ―Strengthen‖; Goal 3: replace ―Develop‖ with ―Increase‖ and replace ―an effective‖
          with ―a more effective‖; and make these same changes in the Table of Contents and in
          each Goal heading.
          Goal 1 objectives: in (2), insert ―and diversity‖ after ―quality‖.
          Goal 2 objectives: replace (1) with ―Facilitate the empowerment and engagement of
          members at all levels‖; in (5), replace ―Streamline‖ with ―Define and streamline‖ and
          replace ―underpinned‖ with ―informed‖; add a new (10): ―Improve online capacity‖.
          Goal 3 objectives: in (2), replace ―local issues and‖ with ―issues to‖; reword (3) as
          ―National membership drives be developed in consultation with state parties at least
          yearly‖; in (4), insert ―in association with state parties‖ after ―developed‖.
          No change to Goal 4 objectives.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS


D         Income Levy / Budget
          Brett Constable reported on the continuing discussion and the eagerness of the delegates to
          return to the next workshop session to resolve outstanding issues.


The meeting adjourned again for workshops E (Strategic Plan / Operational Plan Priority Actions) and
F (Income Levy / Budget).


WORKSHOP REPORTS (continued)
E         Strategic Plan / Operational Plan Priority Actions
          Chris Chaplin reported that the workshop had achieved consensus on only one priority action
          item to be put now, and requested further time on Sunday for the workshop to work through
          the remaining priority items.
          Proposal – ―That National Council adopt Goal 2, Objective 6 (a) with the following
          amendments: insert ―fulltime‖ before ―party manager‖; replace ―Reporting‖ with
          ―Report‖; delete ―Full time, Salary – 85K‖.
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS


F         Income Levy / Budget
          Brett Constable reported that the workshop had agreed on the National Officer (Party
          Manager) salary to be reduced to $80K. He requested further time on Sunday for a
          consensus proposal to be developed for the plenary.




                                                           — Page 5 of 20 —
   Please consider the environment before you print this document. Choose eco-friendly paper stock. Reduce paper usage by sharing with
someone else, or by printing double-sided or on scrap paper. Eliminate paper usage by viewing online or downloading to PC or portable device.
Australian Greens National Council, Hobart, July 2008
DRAFT MINUTES                                                                                                                         version 2



AGENDA REVIEW
              The Victorian delegation advised that they were withdrawing their Animals proposal. Karen
              Cassidy advised that the Animals workshop would still take place but it would now be a 20-25
              minute information session, and that there would immediately following this be a 20-25 minute
              workshop around the issues raised in Margaret Blakers’ Green Institute paper.


The meeting adjourned again for afternoon tea, followed by G (Membership Issues), H (Eating Up the
World) and I (Green Institute).


WORKSHOP REPORTS (continued)
G             Membership Issues (proposals 01 & 03)
              Giz reported back that the workshop had made progress on the issues but identified that they
              need another hour tomorrow to work towards an outcome.


H             Eating Up the World (proposal 02)
              There was a presentation only, no recommendations had resulted but the workshop
              foreshadowed the likelihood of a proposal for National Conference in Brisbane.


I             Green Institute (new workshop)
              Margaret Blakers reported back and advised that she will write up an urgency proposal
              relating to the establishment of the Green Institute. The introduction of the proposal will be put
              to the meeting on Sunday


The meeting adjourned for the day at 5.30pm.




SUNDAY 13 JULY

AGENDA REVIEW
              The meeting opened with Karen Cassidy facilitating. A number of additions to the agenda
              were proposed.
              Add before lunch:
              - Operational Plan workshop – 1 hour
              - Membership workshop – 1 hour
              - Green Institute workshop
              - Budget (but not a workshop)
              - Report from AGCG on Working Groups
              Add urgent proposals after lunch:
              - Camp for Climate Change
              - Climate Change Policy (Christine Milne)
              - Ingrid Betancourt
              - Returning Officer
              AGREED BY CONSENSUS




                                                               — Page 6 of 20 —
       Please consider the environment before you print this document. Choose eco-friendly paper stock. Reduce paper usage by sharing with
    someone else, or by printing double-sided or on scrap paper. Eliminate paper usage by viewing online or downloading to PC or portable device.
Australian Greens National Council, Hobart, July 2008
DRAFT MINUTES                                                                                                                     version 2



5         REPORTS (continued)
5.3       Officebearer Reports (continued)
5.3.3     National Convenor (Alison Xamon)
          Report previously circulated. No questions.


5.3.4     National Secretary (Chris Chaplin)
          Report previously circulated. No questions.


5.5       Other National Working Groups
5.5.1     National Membership Secretary (Gösta Lyngå)
          Gösta spoke to his previously circulated Report. On the actual proposals 1-3, it was noted
          that:
          -   point 1 (Membership handbook) – the information was not yet complete (Senators);
          -   point 2 (Membership form) – this is an amendment to Gösta’s report.
          -   point 3 (Database) – we would need to hire a consultant for the second stage.
          It was suggested that in future proposals embedded in reports need to be highlighted out as
          separate proposals, as some states had not seen them. It was agreed to consider the 3
          embedded proposals separately.
          Proposal – ―That National Council accept the Membership Secretary‘s Report but
          consider the proposals separately.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS

          Proposal as amended – ―That:
          1. Council ratifies the draft of the Membership Handbook as presented by the
             Membership Working Group
          2. Design and printing of the Handbook be coordinated with production of the
             Membership form (if required)
          3. Council progresses the second stage of the National Database.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS


5.6       Senators’ reports (continued)
          Sen. Rachel Siewert
          Rachel gave a verbal report and continued the staffing report; she also updated Council on the
          party room office and seats in Parliament, and gave an overview of parliamentary action: the
          Government’s IR reform (“WorkChoices Lite”), Family Tax Benefits, RDA, MDB. The Greens
          have adopted a proactive agenda in our new position rather than merely responding to the
          Government’s agenda.
          Lee Rhiannon (NSW) asked about IR, especially on unions disappointed by the Government
          and the ACTU backing it. We can develop our relationship with disaffected unions.
          Sen. Scott Ludlam
          Scott gave a verbal report on settling in and coming up to speed. Portfolio allocations are still
          being discussed. Scott introduced his staffer Felicity Hill. 26 August is the first sitting day. He
          thanked Rachel Siewert, Alison Xamon, Rachel Pemberton, Trish Cowcher and the NECC
          crew. Scott will be going to the Climate Camp.




                                                           — Page 7 of 20 —
   Please consider the environment before you print this document. Choose eco-friendly paper stock. Reduce paper usage by sharing with
someone else, or by printing double-sided or on scrap paper. Eliminate paper usage by viewing online or downloading to PC or portable device.
Australian Greens National Council, Hobart, July 2008
DRAFT MINUTES                                                                                                                     version 2



          Sen. Christine Milne
          Christine gave a verbal report. She welcomed Scott and Sarah. The current situation is the
          best electoral opportunity for the Greens because Labor has lifted people’s aspirations but
          now they are being dashed, e.g. IR, climate change etc. But previously, except in WA and
          NSW, our vote has dropped after holding the balance of power because you get blamed for
          everything. Our membership will need to understand why the Senators have done what they
          did. NGOs are still giving the Rudd Government a honeymoon on climate change (eg WWF,
          ACF, even CMFEU), so we are on our own. Christine also referred to the importance of
          relationships with other parties in a balance of power situation (eg, Heffernan, Joyce etc
          recently on Carbon Sink forests legislation). “Clean coal” presents a huge challenge for us as
          coal is king; nuclear remains an issue, with Labor selling uranium to Russia, not blocking the
          US selling nuclear technology to India, and probably ending up selling India our uranium; Scott
          will be taking over the nuclear issues portfolio. Christine emphasised the need for good
          communication with the Party.
          Christine was thanked for her role in the Gippsland by-election.
          Sen. Sarah Hanson-Young
          Sarah gave a verbal report. There’s lots happening but not a lot to report. She has taken over
          her Liberal predecessor’s office and has a good staff team. Portfolios are still to be finalised,
          but Sarah is interested in human rights, women and immigration. She noted the importance of
          the Mayo by-election. Her fellow South Australian senator Nick Xenophon’s unpredictability
          presents a challenge, but negotiating with him is Labor’s job.
          Sarah was asked when the new senators give their inaugural speeches. Sarah said that as
          soon as it’s known, the party will get the information out to members. Sarah was thanked for
          her help in Gippsland too.


The meeting adjourned for the additional workshops on the Operational Plan priorities and the
Membership Form, followed by morning tea.


The meeting resumed after morning tea but it was agreed the Membership workshop should continue
in parallel while the plenary considered urgency proposals. The Communications Working Group
report was circulated by James Diack, co-convenor.


4.        URGENCY MOTIONS (continued)
4.1       Camp for climate action
          Proposal – ―This meeting of the Australian Greens National Council:
          1. Notes that Australia's first Camp for Climate Action is currently being held in
             Newcastle.
          2. Congratulates the participants for using peaceful creative actions to highlight the
             need for urgent action to rein in runaway climate change.
          3. Calls on state and federal governments to respond positively to the Camp's key
             message for no new coal projects and planned transition to a low carbon economy.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS
          It was noted that Lee Rhiannon will ring them and Scott Ludlam is going.


4.2       Ingrid Betancourt
          Proposal – ―That the Australian Greens:
          1. Welcome with joy the release of Ingrid Betancourt and other hostages held by the
             FARC in Colombia;


                                                           — Page 8 of 20 —
   Please consider the environment before you print this document. Choose eco-friendly paper stock. Reduce paper usage by sharing with
someone else, or by printing double-sided or on scrap paper. Eliminate paper usage by viewing online or downloading to PC or portable device.
Australian Greens National Council, Hobart, July 2008
DRAFT MINUTES                                                                                                                     version 2



          2. Wish Ingrid and her family the happiest reunion and fortune;
          3. Endorse the Global Greens Resolution on Ingrid Betancourt and the hostages in
             Colombia, passed in São Paulo, Brazil, on 4 May 2008, in particular the demand for
             freedom for all hostages in Colombia;
          4. Request the AG Convenor write to Ingrid Betancourt on behalf of the Australian
             Greens to convey how excited, relieved and moved we have all been by her spirit,
             courage and humanity, and to support Bob Brown‘s invitation for Ingrid to visit
             Australia at some time in the future.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS


4.3       Green Institute
          It was AGREED to treat the proposal as urgent. The workshop presented to National Council
          two options for decision within the proposal:
          “That the Australian Greens:
          A)    Note the „Green Institute – Next Steps‟ paper; and EITHER
          Bi) Request the AGCG, in consultation with the Parliamentary Group, to nominate by 5
              August 2008 three people with appropriate expertise and interest to be members of the
              Green Institute Board
          OR
          Bii) Note that the Parliamentary Group will nominate six people with appropriate expertise
               and interest to be members of the Green Institute Board, after consultation with the
               AGCG.
          The proposal was amended to provide for a time limit and a statement of accountability. The
          meeting went round the States for an indication of preference between Bi and Bii. SA, NSW,
          TAS, NT, VIC, QLD, WA all preferred Bi.
          Proposal as amended – ―That the Australian Greens:
          a. Note the ‗Green Institute – Next Steps‘ paper; and
          b. Request the AGCG, in consultation with the Parliamentary Group, to nominate by 5
             August 2008 three people with appropriate expertise and interest to be members of
             the Green Institute Board, for one year only, ending at the end of the financial year.
          Accountability: report back from Margaret Blakers a standing item at national
          meetings.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS


4.4       Returning Officer
          Proposal – ―That Sean Downes be appointed as Returning Officer and Drew Hutton as
          Assistant Returning Officer for the Brisbane National Conference.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS


The meeting adjourned for the additional workshops on the Operational Plan priorities and the
Membership Form, followed by morning tea.


WORKSHOP REPORTS (continued)
J         Preferences Allocation (Proposal 7)
          The meeting noted that the following proposal resulting from the workshop replaces the
          previously circulated Proposal 7.

                                                           — Page 9 of 20 —
   Please consider the environment before you print this document. Choose eco-friendly paper stock. Reduce paper usage by sharing with
someone else, or by printing double-sided or on scrap paper. Eliminate paper usage by viewing online or downloading to PC or portable device.
Australian Greens National Council, Hobart, July 2008
DRAFT MINUTES                                                                                                                     version 2



          Proposal – ―That the Brisbane 2008 National Conference of the Australian Greens
          include a Workshop about preference negotiations and education, to be led by the
          newly appointed National Preference Negotiator(s).‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS


G (cont’d) National Membership (Proposals 1 & 3)
          The following outcomes were reported from the workshop. This recommendation replaces the
          original Proposal 1 (Nationwide Membership Form) and Proposal 3 (Direct Membership
          Processing by the Australian Greens).
          ―Actions
          A national membership form was agreed to, whereby people can join the Australian
          Greens from any state or territory.
          We agree that the Australian Greens may receive and record receipts of the
          membership application and money directly.
          We agree that states can opt in to having membership forms processed in the national
          office, including recording membership data and passing relevant fees to State +
          territory offices.
          States opting in
           Victoria
           Queensland
           South Australia
           Tasmania
           ACT
           NT
          WA pending [will confirm address showing on form].
          NSW will use NSW party address.
          Draft Wording
          Yes – I want to join the Australian Greens!
          My state is NSW (and probably a NSW address)
          TAS
          ACT etc… all received by national office
          Draft wording to be developed over an email list consisting of one delegate from each
          state and finalised by the QDMG within a fortnight, by iteration if necessary.
          Further discussion
          For a detailed session at November National Conference, in the context of actions
          undertaken within the strategic plan, in order to:
          1.    Build trust and confidence regarding how the party communicates with members,
                including communications between:
                 The National party
                 The membership
                 Local groups / branches
                 State parties
                 The parliamentary team
          2.    Review the progress we‘ve already made in development and use of the
                communications protocol.
          The national membership form and related issues may be revisited subsequent to this
          discussion.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS


                                                           — Page 10 of 20 —
   Please consider the environment before you print this document. Choose eco-friendly paper stock. Reduce paper usage by sharing with
someone else, or by printing double-sided or on scrap paper. Eliminate paper usage by viewing online or downloading to PC or portable device.
Australian Greens National Council, Hobart, July 2008
DRAFT MINUTES                                                                                                                     version 2



K         Climate Change
          Two proposals from Workshop K were accepted as urgency motions by the meeting.
          Proposal 1 – ―That to reflect the latest scientific data on the urgent need for deep
          emission cuts to avoid catastrophic climate change the AG agree to:
          a. regularly up-date the emission targets in our policy and initiatives;
          b. that our objective is to achieve net zero in carbon emissions as soon as it is feasible
             to do so but not later than 2050;
          c. that 40% reduction on the 1990 level be adopted as our current 2020 target; and
          d. that we call on Prime Minister Rudd to convene urgently a national science council
             to advise on the emission reductions necessary to move to a safe climate.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS
          The meeting AGREED that the motion represents the adoption of interim policy, and the
          actual wording for the policy amendments will be prepared by Christine Milne for presentation
          to QDMG for ratification.

          Regarding the second proposal, it was noted that the policy response to the Garnaut process
          and the Federal Government’s anticipated legislation must be a key element of the proposed
          discussions. It was agreed to add “peak oil” as an amendment.
          Proposal 2 – ―That Climate Change and Peak Oil become the Party‘s no. 1 campaign
          priority and the principal theme for the 2008 Nat Conference, with sufficient time in both
          workshop and plenary to discuss the issue.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS


The meeting adjourned for lunch. It resumed with Margaret Blakers facilitating. An agenda review
agreed on order & timelines for the remaining business items.


5         REPORTS (continued)
5.3       Officebearer Reports (continued)
5.3.1     National Treasurer (continued)
          Brett reported back on the outcomes of the Finances Workshop on the proposals for the
          Income Levy and the Updated Budget.


          (a) INCOME LEVY FUNDING MODEL – IMPLEMENTATION STRATEGY
          Brett presented an amended proposal developed by consensus.
          TAS noted there has been an additional offer from some States to ensure the employment of a
          National Officer for a full three years. Brett explained this offer is included in the
          foreshadowed Budget proposal rather than in this income levy proposal.
          Proposal – ―That National Council endorses this Implementation Strategy for the
          budget cycle running from January 2008 to December 2010 subject to:
          a. A levy of 12.5%, including 2.5% towards the 2010 core NECC budget with the
             exception of NSW and QLD who have committed to a minimum of $250k and $100k,
             respectively (approximately 10% of their current estimated income) towards
             administrative costs, with a decision regarding their contributions to the NECC
             budget still to be negotiated subject to a starting NECC budget being finalised,
             noting however that NSW is committing to at least a contribution to NECC
             commensurate to that made by them to the last NECC budget.




                                                           — Page 11 of 20 —
   Please consider the environment before you print this document. Choose eco-friendly paper stock. Reduce paper usage by sharing with
someone else, or by printing double-sided or on scrap paper. Eliminate paper usage by viewing online or downloading to PC or portable device.
Australian Greens National Council, Hobart, July 2008
DRAFT MINUTES                                                                                                                     version 2



          b. The number and timing of instalments of levy payments be determined subject to
             the cash flow requirements of the AG budget.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS


          (b) UPDATED BUDGET
          Brett presented a written report detailing the amended proposal developed by consensus,
          updating the draft budget in the tabled document “Report 04b - Financial Report and Budget
          Update”:
          “As a result of the income levy and budget workshops, the budget distributed prior to National
          Council has been updated by:
           extending the employment of the party manager position to the end of the budget cycle but
            reducing the annual salary budgeted for the position from $85k to $80k; and
           reducing the allowance for leave replacements for office staff based on experience to date
            with managing absences;
          These adjustments produce a shortfall in funding and reserves of $86,487.
          A number of States have indicated that they are prepared to contribute extra funding above
          their commitment to the income levy to ensure the new party manager position is funded
          through to the end of this budget cycle. Based on the rate of 1.54% income contribution
          identified in the Treasurer‟s Report required from all States to cover the shortfall in funding for
          this position, contributions from those States willing, at this rate, amounts to $68,657. The
          resulting shortfall after recognising these offers is $17,830.
          Areas have also been identified for potential savings on expenditure including PLU‟s (current
          budget $11.7k), AGCG travel (current budget $47.9k), and efficiencies in office staffing.
          Additional income may also be available from higher than estimated State electoral funding
          from ACT and WA, and there is no inclusion in the budget yet for any contribution from
          fundraising.
          Based on the small budgeted deficit of $17,830, the remaining contingency reserve of $20k
          and the areas identified for further savings on expenditure and increases in income, it is
          proposed that the budget as amended be accepted by National Council.”
          The meeting expressed its thanks to Brett for his hard work and liaison with delegates.
          It was asked whether the web editing for Young Greens could be completed by the national
          web designer, in which case the $3,000 set aside for that purpose could instead be used for
          another YG purpose decided upon by YG themselves? Also, could there be synergies
          between the Senators’ new resources (from Parliamentary Party status) and the state parties?
          It was noted that the budget represented significant progress but there is room for further
          improvement.
          An amendment was proposed, that up to $3,000 be made available to the Young Greens.
          AGREED.
          Proposal as amended – ―Based on the small budgeted deficit of $17,830, the remaining
          contingency reserve of $20k and the areas identified for further savings on expenditure
          and increases in income, it is proposed that the budget as amended be accepted by
          National Council. Further, $3,000 will be made available to Young Greens, taking the
          deficit up to $20,000.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS


5.1       Global Greens (continued)
5.1.1     Proposal 09 - Global Greens Congress (continued)
          Elliot said that after informal discussion, amendments were made to the two remaining
          proposals.

                                                           — Page 12 of 20 —
   Please consider the environment before you print this document. Choose eco-friendly paper stock. Reduce paper usage by sharing with
someone else, or by printing double-sided or on scrap paper. Eliminate paper usage by viewing online or downloading to PC or portable device.
Australian Greens National Council, Hobart, July 2008
DRAFT MINUTES                                                                                                                     version 2



          Proposal 9.2 (as amended):
          That the National Council accepts the recommendation from the Global Issues Working
          Group of Miriam Solomon, Elliot Gingold as International Co-secretaries, and Tom
          Millen, as a Young Green, for representatives of the Australian Greens on the new
          APGN delegates list. These appointments will stay in place until the 2009 National
          Conference unless there is a change in the holders of the position of International
          Secretaries.
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS

          Proposal 9.3 (as amended):
          That the National Council accepts the recommendation from the Global Issues Working
          Group of Miriam Solomon, Elliot Gingold as International Co-secretaries, and Michele
          Fountain for representatives of the Australian Greens on the Global Greens Network.
          These appointments will stay in place until the 2009 National Conference unless there
          is a change in the holders of the position of International Secretaries.
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS


6.        GENERAL BUSINESS
6.4       Proposal 06 - AG Taxation Review Working Group
          Alan Hopkins (ACT) presented and spoke to an amended proposal and amended Terms of
          Reference (see Appendix).
          Proposal as amended – ―That:
          1. The Australian Greens National Council approve the ToR for an AG Taxation Review
             Working Group to undertake a full and comprehensive review of the structure of the
             Australian taxation system including all taxes and tax expenditures levied by federal,
             state and local government (including the GST and superannuation).
          2. The review should take into account the following objectives:
               a. The need for each level of government to generate sufficient revenue for its
                  needs and the distribution of tax-raising powers between each jurisdiction.
               b. The need to ensure the optimum mix of taxes to promote economic efficiency, a
                  fair and equitable distribution of the tax burden, simplicity and the needs of
                  environmental sustainability.
               c. The role of the tax system in redistributing income, discouraging socially
                  harmful activities and promoting socially beneficial ones.
               d. The interaction of the tax and welfare system.
          3. The Australian Greens appoint an interim convenor whose responsibility is to
             advertise the existence of the working group and commence the review process.
          4. Interim reports be presented to Greens Senators as the review progresses.
          5. A final report be presented to the Australian Greens 2009 annual conference.
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS

          It was proposed ―that Naomi Waizer be appointed as the WG‘s Interim Convenor.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS


6.6       Proposal 10 – Antarctica policy
          Questions were raised on whether this should be a stand-alone policy, a subset of another
          policy or a position paper. The party’s recent practice in reducing the number of policies was
          noted. It was suggested that we need the proposal to include a process. It was agreed for


                                                           — Page 13 of 20 —
   Please consider the environment before you print this document. Choose eco-friendly paper stock. Reduce paper usage by sharing with
someone else, or by printing double-sided or on scrap paper. Eliminate paper usage by viewing online or downloading to PC or portable device.
Australian Greens National Council, Hobart, July 2008
DRAFT MINUTES                                                                                                                     version 2



          Corey to take the lead in progressing this policy for submittal to Policy Coordination, and it was
          requested this be noted in the minutes.
          Proposal as amended – ―That the Australian Greens develop a policy specific to
          Antarctica and its protection under international obligations through the Antarctic
          Treaty and associated protocols as ratified into Australian law.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS


4.        URGENCY MOTIONS
4.5       Australian Greens Working Groups audit
          Helen Woittiez presented this late report on behalf of the AGCG. Helen noted that the Table
          of Working Groups has now been amended to reflect that the Communications WG is active.
          An amendment was proposed, to add “and draft terms of reference be prepared” at the end of
          point 3 – AGREED. Christine Milne noted that the Strategic Plan consultation process will
          generate alternative viewpoints, and flagged that she will be working on a reform proposal for
          a rethink of the purpose and activity of WGs. Ray Goodlass noted that the Sexuality WG is
          still lacking an interim convenor, and he volunteered for the role; Helen said this is a
          recommendation within the Table. Chris Maltby noted there are two IT WGs, one inactive;
          Helen said an action point is included.
          Proposal as amended – ―That National Council:
          1.    Accept this report and attached Table.
          2.    Approve the recommendations for working groups in the attached table.
          3.    Require that proposers of future new working groups, prior to their
                commencement, ensure sufficient members are recruited for the group to be
                functional and draft terms of reference be prepared.
          4.    Selects interim convenors for all future new working groups as they are
                established.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS
          The meeting expressed by acclamation its thanks to Helen for her huge effort in completing
          this audit.


WORKSHOP REPORTS (continued)
L         Political funding reform
         Proposal – ―That this National Council agrees –
         1. to establish a National Election Funding Working Group;
         2. that Lee Rhiannon will be the interim convenor of the NEFWG;
         3. that the following people will be members of the NEFWG – Brett Constable
            [treasurer], Chris Maltby [NSW], Mark Parnell [SA], Imogen Birley [Tas], Michael
            Kane [Qld], Alan Hopkins [ACT], Greg Barber [Vic], Giz Watson [WA], Emma Young
            (NT), Prue Cameron and Lee Rhiannon;
         4. that the key priorities of the NEFWG are to –
            a. prepare a draft policy on election funding and expenditure for consideration at
               the November conference; and
            b. prepare submissions to future inquiries into political funding; and
         5. that the NEFWG will undertake its work in close collaboration with the Senators‘
            policy coordinator.
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS



                                                           — Page 14 of 20 —
   Please consider the environment before you print this document. Choose eco-friendly paper stock. Reduce paper usage by sharing with
someone else, or by printing double-sided or on scrap paper. Eliminate paper usage by viewing online or downloading to PC or portable device.
Australian Greens National Council, Hobart, July 2008
DRAFT MINUTES                                                                                                                     version 2



6.        GENERAL BUSINESS
H         Proposal 02 - Eating Up the World
          Victoria wanted to note that the proposal wasn’t dropped but merely withdrawn and that they
          were hoping in the future to put forward a proposal to form a working group on sustainable
          animal practices.


6.5       Proposal 04 - Process to resolve disagreements with proposals
          Concern was expressed that the proposal may lead to “legislation by exhaustion”. WA desires
          an informal application of the proposal as they would otherwise be unable to comply with the
          “immediately” requirement. After further discussion, “immediately” was amended to “are
          encouraged to”.
          Proposal as amended – ―That where there is significant disagreement or issues
          requiring resolution with a proposal as put on the meeting paper, those states or
          territories with issues are encouraged to contact the proposer to begin the process of
          trying to find a consensus position, or at least clearly identify the points of difference,
          so this information is available to all delegates before Conference/ Council begins.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS


5         REPORTS (continued)
5.2       Strategic Review (continued)
          Tony Hickey reported back on the outcomes of the workshop looking at the priority actions
          from the Operational Plan document. He said they had reviewed those actions already being
          undertaken or able to be undertaken with the existing AG structures and personnel, and had
          narrowed it down to eight priority actions: 2.4, 2.6a, 2.1, 2.5, 2.7, 1.1, 2.3 and 2.2 are all
          recommended.

          Proposal 8.1
          It was AGREED to replace “accept” with “receive”.
         Proposal 8.1 (as amended) – ―That National Council receive the tabled report ‗National
         Review: Australian Greens Strategic Plan 2005‘‖.
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS

          Proposal 8.2
          This was adopted the previous day.

          Proposal 8.3
          Tony presented the eight recommended priority actions, as amended. It was agreed to amend
          the proposal to include the wording of the amended priority actions.
          Proposal 8.1 (as amended) – ―That National Council adopts the priority actions listed
          below:
          1.1 Action (a): add ―with options‖ after ―position paper‖.
                Action (b): insert ―encourage‖ at the start of the sentence, and ―and have input into
                national election targets‖ at the end.
          2.1 Action: replace with ―Develop an options and ideas paper: pooling ideas for
              improving meeting practice and content; and providing multiple entry points for
              interested members for campaigns, social events and skills capacity building.‖
                Accountability: replace with ―National Officer / State parties‖
                Deadline: replace with ―February‖

                                                           — Page 15 of 20 —
   Please consider the environment before you print this document. Choose eco-friendly paper stock. Reduce paper usage by sharing with
someone else, or by printing double-sided or on scrap paper. Eliminate paper usage by viewing online or downloading to PC or portable device.
Australian Greens National Council, Hobart, July 2008
DRAFT MINUTES                                                                                                                     version 2



          2.2   Action: after strategies, insert ―establishes expectations and identifies
                mechanisms and details expected levels of party engagement in parliamentary
                work‖.
          2.3 No amendment.
          2.4 Accountability: insert at start ―National Secretary‖
                Deadline: replace with ―Specific proposals developed for November National
                Conference with a view to decisions at a February Special National Conference‖
          2.5 Action: replace ―member bodies‖ with ―States‖; replace ―individual expert
              members‖ with ―experts (including members)‖; insert ―attempt‖ after ―The
              committee‖.
                Accountability: replace ―Strategy‖ with ―Policy‖.
          2.6a Action: insert ―fulltime‖ before ―party manager‖; replace ―Reporting‖ with
               ―Report‖; delete ―Full time, Salary – 85K‖.
          2.7 Action: insert ―addressing the implications of the proposals for the organisation as
              a confederation‖ after ―committee of management (COM)‖.
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS

          Proposal 8.4
          It was AGREED to replace “endorsed priority actions” with “the draft plans”.

          Proposal 8.4 (as amended): ―That National Council adopts the following timetable:
          1. Draft plans distributed to members for further consultation, with comments sent to
             the National Secretary by September 30
          2. Submissions from working groups and state parties on the draft plans be sent to
             the National Secretary by September 30
          3. That a Final Strategic Plan and Operational Plan be tabled at National Conference in
             November for endorsement.‖
          AGREED BY CONSENSUS


7         OTHER BUSINESS
          Announcements: – Protest at the Arms Fair, Nov 11: contact Jake Wishart (SA).
          Update from Climate Camp: several arrests; they received our statement warmly.


8         CLOSE
          The meeting by acclamation thanked Karen Brown and Karen Cassidy for host city
          organisation, Michael Aaronson for IT, Giz Watson for facilitation. Thanks also to Chris
          Dubrow & Chris Maltby for the new website.
          The meeting closed 3.30pm.



DOCUMENT PROVENANCE
Version 1 circulated to AGCG for corrections:                     25 August 2008
Version 2 distributed to States for comment:                      28 August 2008




                                                           — Page 16 of 20 —
   Please consider the environment before you print this document. Choose eco-friendly paper stock. Reduce paper usage by sharing with
someone else, or by printing double-sided or on scrap paper. Eliminate paper usage by viewing online or downloading to PC or portable device.
Australian Greens National Council, Hobart, July 2008
DRAFT MINUTES



APPENDIX A
                Australian Greens Taxation Review Working Group
                                                    Terms of Reference

Name
1.     The name of the Working Group shall be the Australian Greens Taxation Review Working Group
       (AG-TRWG)

Membership
2.     The group will be open to any interested members of the Greens.
3.     In the first instance the Australian Greens National Council will appoint an interim Convenor of
       AG-TRWG whilst the group is being established. Once it is formally established, the group will
       elect a convenor, preferably by consensus.
4.     Each State will be entitled to appoint one representative for decision making purposes

Roles of the Group
5.     The AG-TRWG will liaise with the Australian Greens and State Greens spokespeople to:
5.1.   provide assistance upon request;
5.2.   act as a source of information regarding current issues in the taxation reviews;
5.3.   provide interim reports and one final report by the end of 2009.

Budget
6.     The AG-TRWG has no authority to incur debts or secure loans on behalf of the party.
7.     The AG-TRWG will only expend funds provided by the party where this is an accordance with a
       budget that has been ratified by National Council.
8.     The AG-TRWG Convenor will be responsible for approving expenditure in the budget, although
       any member may request funding for activities.
9.     The AG-TRWG Convenor is responsible for acquittal in coordination with the National Treasurer.

Communication and Decision Making
10. The AG-TRWG will meet not less than 4 times per year either in person, online meetings or by
    any other appropriate method available.
11. Where possible, meetings will be facilitated by a trained and experienced facilitator.
12. The AG-TRWG will develop agreed procedures for the conduct of meetings, and act in
    accordance with Australian Greens meeting procedures.
13. All members of the group must be given a previously agreed time to review draft documents
    submitted in the name of the group before they are submitted, and be given the opportunity to
    recommend changes to them.
14. The group will make decisions by consensus. Where consensus cannot be reached decisions
    will be made by the representatives of each State party

Anticipated Longevity
15. The AG-TRWG will come to an end at the end of 2009.

Reporting and Accountability
16. The AG-TRWG will provide a interim written reports of activity to each national council meeting,
    with a final comprehensive report to be tabled at the 2009 Australian Greens annual conference.


                                                           — Page 17 of 20 —
   Please consider the environment before you print this document. Choose eco-friendly paper stock. Reduce paper usage by sharing with
someone else, or by printing double-sided or on scrap paper. Eliminate paper usage by viewing online or downloading to PC or portable device.
Australian Greens National Council, Hobart, July 2008
DRAFT MINUTES



APPENDIX B – Australian Greens Working Groups activity table & recommendations
 STATE REPRESENTATIVE GROUPS
GROUP                        MEMBERSHIP                                 ToR                           ACTIVE? COMMENTS                                                                        RECOMMENDATION
Climate Change WG                                 All except SA         Approved March 06             No           E-list not active (one posting)                                                           Continue
                                                  and Tas                                                          Tasked with rewording Share the Air proposal - Feb 08                              High priority for action
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Require activity report for 08
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Conference
Conflict Transformation WG                        All except ACT        No                            No           E-list not active (no postings).                                                          Continue
                                                  NT & Qld                                                         Was tasked with presenting draft national grievance                                 High priority for action
                                                                                                                   procedures in July 08.                                                         Require ToR and draft grievance
                                                                                                                   Has members keen to be involved but no convenor                                 procedures for 08 Conference
Constitutional Review Panel                       All                   Draft TOR presented           Yes          Functioning and ongoing                                                                   Continue
                                                                        March 07 but not                           Tasked in Feb 08 with:                                                          Require ToR for 08 Conference
                                                                        approved                                   * Constitutional amendment for procedure of calling SNC
                                                                                                                   (for Nov 08 Conference)
                                                                                                                   * Bylaw for filling casual vacancies (for July 08)
Donations Reference Group                         All                   Approved Oct 06               Yes          Group is active and ongoing                                                                  Continue
                                                                        Section 10 of the AG                       E-list active
                                                                        By-laws
Funding Models WG                                 N/A                   No                            No           Brett advised that this group has finished its work - updates                             Discontinued
                                                                                                                   go straight to States and National Council
                                                                                                                   E-list not active (last posting May 07)
Fundraising WG                                    All                   Drafted                       Yes          Should be ongoing if we employ a fundraiser.                                              Continue
                                                                                                                   ToR will be presented at 08 Conference                                          Require ToR for 08 Conference
Global Issues Group (GiG)                         All                   Approved March 07             Yes          Functioning and ongoing                                                                   Continue
                                                                        Council                                    Tasked in Feb 08 with reviewing the Share the Air proposal

Grassroots Democracy & Consensus                  All except Tas & No (but drafting)                  Yes          Interim ToR approved March 06. Final was to be presented                                  Continue
Decision Making WG                                WA                                                               to June 06 Council.                                                             Require ToR for 08 Conference
                                                                                                                   ToR requirement noted at both 07 Councils.
                                                                                                                   Convenor advised
Greenshare WG                                     All except NSW Approved March 2006 No                            Part of 05-07 strategic plan but never existed.                                            Discontinue
                                                  & SA                                                             Should be a role for the national office - task is to drive the
                                                                                                                   sharing of skills and resources.
                                                                                                                   E-list not active (no postings)



                                                                                                              — Page 18 of 20 —
    Please consider the environment before you print this document. Choose eco-friendly paper stock. Reduce paper usage by sharing with someone else, or by printing double-sided or on scrap paper. Eliminate paper usage by viewing online or
                                                                                                      downloading to PC or portable device.
Australian Greens National Council, Hobart, July 2008
DRAFT MINUTES


GROUP                                             MEMBERSHIP            ToR                           ACTIVE? COMMENTS                                                                        RECOMMENDATION
Leadership WG                                     All except NSW, ToR exist based on                  No           Part of 05-07 strategic plan but never existed. Was                                  Discontinued (lapsed)
                                                  SA & WA         NC decision rather                               established Nov 05 and only had a life of 12 months so has
                                                                  than template                                    automatically lapsed.
                                                                                                                   E-list no action (no postings)
Membership WG                                     All                   Approved March 06             Yes          Functioning and ongoing                                                                      Continue
                                                                                                                   Tasked in Feb 08 with the production of a renewed
                                                                                                                   members handbook
Murray Darling WG                                 NSW, Qld, ACT No                                    Yes          Operates mainly as a discussion group.                                                    Continue
                                                  & SA                                                                                                                                             Require ToR for 08 Conference
National Election Campaign Committee All                                No - briefly described        Yes          Functioning and ongoing                                                                   Continue
                                                                        in the constitution                                                                                                        Require ToR by 08 Conference
                                                                        only.
Policy Committee                                  All except NT & Approved March 06                   Yes -     Karen Cassidy elected convenor                                                                  Continue
                                                  WA                                                  following
                                                                                                      July NC


Preselection WG                                   All except SA         Approved March 06             No           Tasked with providing national guidelines for preselection                                Continue
                                                                                                                   procedures (refer proposal 4 - Feb 08 SNC) to 08                                   High priority for action
                                                                                                                   Conference.                                                                 Require draft preselection procedures
                                                                                                                   Not active (one posting Jan 08)                                                      by 08 Conference
Rural and Regional WG                             All except NSW, ToR drafted and in    No                         Part of 05-07 strategic plan but never existed.                                            Discontinue
                                                  SA & Tas        Appendix for Mar 06                              Most of the members are from when the group was
                                                                  Council but not                                  established and have not communicated.
                                                                  minuted as discussed.                            E-list not active (no postings).

Sexuality & Gender Identity WG                    NSW & Vic only Approved Feb 08                      No           New group - Feb SNC                                                                       Continue
                                                                                                                   Needs an interim convenor elected to drive it.                                  Require activity report for 08
                                                                                                                                                                                                Conference and if not provided then
                                                                                                                                                                                                            discontinue.
                                                                                                                                                                                                Ray Goodlass (originally a proposer
                                                                                                                                                                                                 for the group's establishment) be
                                                                                                                                                                                                    appointed interim convenor


Strategic Planning Monitoring Group               All except SA         ToR approved March            Yes          Updated and active.                                                                          Continue
                                                                        2006                                       Renamed at July 07 NC - previously called SPWG. No
                                                                                                                   change to TOR.



                                                                                                              — Page 19 of 20 —
    Please consider the environment before you print this document. Choose eco-friendly paper stock. Reduce paper usage by sharing with someone else, or by printing double-sided or on scrap paper. Eliminate paper usage by viewing online or
                                                                                                      downloading to PC or portable device.
Australian Greens National Council, Hobart, July 2008
DRAFT MINUTES


         OTHER GROUPS (NOT STATE BASED)
GROUP                            MEMBERSHIP                             ToR                           ACTIVE? COMMENTS                                                                        RECOMMENDATION
Affirmative Action WG                             All interested        No                            No           Has never been functional.                                                                 Discontinue
                                                  members                                                          E-list not active (no postings)
Australian Greens Coordinating Group              Elected               Section 6 of the AG           Yes          Functioning and ongoing                                                                      Continue
                                                  members               By-laws
Communications WG                                 Elected               ToR exist based on            Yes          Elected at National Conference - needs convenor                                           Continue
                                                  members               NC decision rather                         confirmed                                                                          High priority for action
                                                                        than template                                                                                                              Require ToR by 08 Conference
Industrial Relations WG                           All interested        No                            Yes          Established July 05                                                                       Continue
                                                  members                                                          Coordinated out of Rachel Siewert's office.
                                                                                                                   Operates mainly as a discussion group.
IT WG                                             Members               Approved June 06              Yes          Active - lots of postings.                                                   Chris M communicate with Helen
                                                  selected by                                                      Does anyone keep in contact with them? Are not
                                                  AGCG                                                             accountable or reporting back to Council.
Knowledge and Skills WG                           Elected               Approved March 06             No           Part of 05-07 strategic plan but never existed.                                            Discontinue
                                                  members                                                          E-list not active (no postings)
Membership Database Implementation                Experts               No - purpose agreed           No           Was to be reviewed at July 08 Council                                                      Discontinue
WG                                                                      July 07                                    E-list not active (no postings)
                                                                                                                   Was tasked with providing a project plan with budget and
                                                                                                                   timeline for Feb SNC.
Proportional Representation WG                    Experts               No - were to be               No           Part of 05-07 strategic plan but never existed.                                            Discontinue
                                                  recommended           proposed to June 06                        E-list not active (no postings)
                                                  by AGCG               Council (by National                       Only two state reps (ACT and VIC)
                                                                        Officer)
QDMG                                              Convenors             Chapter 4 point 39 of         Yes          Functioning and ongoing                                                                      Continue
                                                                        the AG Constitution

        OTHER E-LIST GROUPS
Australian Greens Secretaries Group               AG-AGSG                                                          Australian Greens State Treasurers                                         AG-Treasurers
Campus Greens Network                             AG-Campus                                                        Australian Greens Web Management Group                                     AG-WebMG
State Convenors and Secretaries                   AG-ConSec                                                        Australian Greens Councillors                                              Councillors
No description available                          Ag-fwg                                                           Australian Greens Website updates list                                     GreensUpdate
Green Magazine Editorial Board                    AG-GreenEB                                                       Industrial Relations Working Group                                         IRWG
IT Collaboration Network list                     AG-ITCN                                                          Australian Greens Media Releases                                           Media
Australian Greens Office Manager                  AG-OffMan                                                        Greens Parliamentary Staff list                                            Staff
No description available                          Ag-sgidwg


                                                                                                              — Page 20 of 20 —
    Please consider the environment before you print this document. Choose eco-friendly paper stock. Reduce paper usage by sharing with someone else, or by printing double-sided or on scrap paper. Eliminate paper usage by viewing online or
                                                                                                      downloading to PC or portable device.

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Shared By:
Categories:
Tags:
Stats:
views:2
posted:10/9/2011
language:English
pages:20