Job Title: Finance Administrative Assistant
Reporting to: Accounts Supervisor
Location: Head Office
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To assist the Finance Department with all reasonable administrative tasks associated within finance, such as
data input, filing etc.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Set up and manage all filing.
2. Tracking monthly mail costing to tie in with month end procedures.
3. Preparation of information for accounts meetings.
4. Scanning of all finance documentation to comply with HMRC requirements.
5. Assist in the distribution and finishing off of month end management reports.
6. Assist with the compilation of the finance procedures manual.
7. Assist with the preparation of finance information packs etc.
8. Scanning all purchase and sales ledger invoices.
9. Matching of expense receipts and checking authorised mileage rates.
10. Inputting information onto Gift Aid database.
11. Assisting in the upkeep and updating of the Raisers Edge database.
12. Update the Charity’s mileage spreadsheet.
13. Minute taking for weekly team meetings, manager meetings and finance committee meetings.
14. Inputting new donor information onto the computer system.
15. Deal with correspondence/telephone calls with regards to internal and external queries.
16. Attend to all filing and maintenance of records within the department.
17. Liaise with other departments regarding mail requirements.
18. General Head Office duties.
19. Acts as the point of contact for security.
20. Deal with incoming and outgoing mail.
21. Responsible for stationery requirements for Head Office.
22. Manage the diaries of the Director of Finance & Operations, Finance Manager and Accounts
23. Manage meeting rooms.
24. Acknowledge letters for gifts received in line with Fundraising standards under the direction of the
Junior Finance Assistant.
25. All secretarial duties related to the Finance department.
26. Attend the Admin group meetings and carry out related work.
27. As directed, prepare reports, correspondence etc within a comprehensive word processing, data
28. Liaise with and maintain good relationships with other departments/divisions, both in Head Office
and regionally based, to ensure the facilitation of good communication.
29. Support and work within agreed operational procedures which affect the Finance department.
30. Participate in team meetings and to attend other departmental meetings to promote staff
awareness of financial procedures and controls.
31. Keep up to date with developments within Finance and other areas of the Charity that influence
the day-to-day activities ensuring compliance with financial and charity law.
32. Promote equal opportunities for staff and clients in accordance with the Charity’s Equal
Opportunity Policy and Procedure.
33. Act as an ambassador to support and improve awareness of the Charity’s activities and, where
appropriate, to participate and attend promotional events to help in raising the Charity’s public
In addition to the duties and responsibilities outlines, you must be prepared to undertake such additional duties which
may result from changing circumstances, but which may not of necessity change the general character or level of
responsibility to the post.
You will be subject to annual performance reviews which will incorporate a review of these duties and performance
over the year.
Ensure, in the course of employment, complete confidentiality is maintained in respect of the Charity, its dealings,
transactions, affairs and all other information relating to clients, participants, associates, staff etc. To ensure that all
information relating to the above is processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
You are responsible for limiting your actions to those which you feel competent to undertake. If you have any doubts
about your competence during the course of your duties you should immediately speak to your line manager.
It is a standard element of the role and responsibility of all staff within the Charity fulfil a proactive role towards the
management of risk in all of their actions. This entails the risk assessment of all situations, the taking of appropriate
actions and reporting of all incidents, near misses and hazards.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
All employees of the Charity have a statutory duty of care for their own personal safety and that of others who may be
affected by their acts or omissions. Employees are required to co-operate with management to enable the Charity to
meet its own legal duties and to report any hazardous situations or defective equipment.
All employees, whilst in Tenovus’ employment, are required to adhere to the Charity’s no smoking policy. Any breach
of this policy will be deemed as gross misconduct.
Experience & Knowledge:
Prior experience in an administrative support role *
Prior role in an accounts function *
Experience of working with a charitable organisation *
Competence in using Microsoft packages *
Basic IT skills *
Minute taking *
Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) *
Strong organisational skills *
Good communication *
Able to work on own and as part of a team *
Time management *