Conservative Republican John S. Carroll Announces U.S. Senate Run
On September 21st, 2011, John Carroll announced this run for the U.S. Senate from Hawaii as a
Republican. Carroll was elected 5 times to the Hawaii State Legislature, had an extensive military
career as a jet fighter pilot, an airline captain with Hawaiian Airlines and now practices law in
Honolulu, HI, October 05, 2011 --(PR.com)-- John Carroll announced this run for the U.S. Senate from
Hawaii as a Republican.
Next year, voters will have an opportunity to balance a Hawaii congressional delegation that has been
dominated by liberal Democrats.
“I have the experience needed to do this job and will bring a consistent set of conservative values that I
share with so many of Hawaii's people,” said Carroll in his press release.
“Our country has taken a turn in the wrong direction, and we need to restore a sense of shared values and
Carroll was elected 5 times to the Hawaii State Legislature, had an extensive military career as a jet
fighter pilot, an airline captain with Hawaiian Airlines and now practices law in Honolulu.
John offers a practical brand of conservatism, and has been consistent on important issues:
1. Lower Hawaii's High Cost of Living by seeking relief from the archaic Jones Act.
2. Restore Ideological Balance on the National Agenda, by giving a voice to those in Hawaii who do not
believe in the liberal policies espoused by all of our congressional delegation.
3. Re-invigorate The National and State Economy, by tax reduction, de-regulation and promotion of the
principles of our free enterprise system.
4. Demand Fiscal Accountability from local and national government. Cut costs and eliminate waste
before incurring more debt or resorting to taxation.
5. Overhaul the Federal Tax Code. The existing tax laws have become convoluted, complex and unfair.
We should seek simplification, a national sales or flat tax alternative, and eliminate the income tax and
6. Adherence to the Integrity of Constitutional Law. Personal freedoms guaranteed by the U.S.
Constitution are not negotiable; and not subject to judicial “modification.”
7. Re-establish Sustainable Agriculture and Aquaculture in Hawaii. Once a model for sustainability and
self-sufficiency, Hawaii is now almost totally dependent on expensive imports for food and energy.
8. Fight the “Dumbing Down” of America and Hawaii. Our public education system has failed
generations of young Americans and has hastened the decline of our ability to compete globally.
9. Defend our Island Values and Environment. Hawaii's unique resources and ecosystem must be
protected for future generations.
10. Kanaka Maoli Justice. Resist the race-based “define and separate” policies inherent in the proposed
Akaka Bill, and release land, in fee, directly to qualified native Hawaiians.
For more information visit: www.Carroll4Senate.com
John S. Carroll
Contact via Email
Online Version of Press Release:
You can read the online version of this press release at: http://www.pr.com/press-release/358791