POPLAR BLUFF SENIOR HIGH
STUDENT WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS
APRIL 19 - 24, 2010
SENIOR BULLETINS were distributed in senior english classes and TCC
classes. If you are a senior and have not received a senior bulletin, please
stop by the Principal's office to pick one up. CHANGE IN SENIOR
BULLETIN: Senior final schedule has been changed. The schedule is as
follows: Tuesday, May 4th - 3rd and 5th period; Wednesday, May 5th - 2nd
and 6th period; Thursday, May 6th - 1st, 4th and 7th periods. Last day for
seniors will be Friday, May 7th.
All seniors should have paid their senior bill by April 1st when they picked
up their cap & gown. If you have not paid your senior bill, please see Mrs.
Cox in the Principal's Office. BE SURE TO CHECK WITH THE
LIBRARY TO CLEAR ANY LIBRARY FEES.
PROJECT GRADUATION TICKETS. Tickets are $5.00 per person and
must be purchased in advance. Seniors who were unable to purchase their
tickets April 1st must see Mrs. Brown in room 27.
The Jostens representaive will be here on Tuesday, April 27th in the Student
Center during all three lunch shifts for seniors who did not pick up their cap
& gown and/or graduation products on April 1st. You must pay Jostens
with cash or money order (NO CHECKS) for the balance of your bill.
Payment in full must be made before you can pick up your items. You can
also pay online at www.semojostens.com or call (573) 546-7366.
The Renaissance Mule Scholarship applications are now available. Please
see Mrs. Hellums in the Principal's Office. Deadline is May 1st.
1. FCA meeting in the annex film room each Friday morning at 7:15 a.m.
2. PROM TICKETS will be sold beginning Monday, April 19th during B and C
lunches and in room 27. Ticket cost is $15.00 for all seniors and all juniors
who sold 4 or more magazines. Ticket cost for juniors who did not sell more
than 4 magazines is $35.00
3. Drama Club will meet at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 21st in room 128 to
discuss the banquet.
4. Advance Notice: Lollopalooza - Performance is May 7th. Applications are
available outside Mrs. Freer's room B102. Rehearsal is April 29th from 3:00
- 5:00 in the KPT. Rehearsal is mandatory!
FROM THE COUNSELING CENTER:
1. ACT test date - 6/12/10 (deadline 5/7/10). For more information see your
2. Stay Current on upcoming Scholarship deadlines, summer programs and testing
dates by visiting the school website and clicking on department across the top
right, and selecting counseling from the drop down menu. www.r1schools click
more where it says view more calendar items and then enter counseling into the
drop down box and click calendar items to view all upcoming events and
deadlines. See any counselor for more information.
3. EOC TESTING:
April 19-23 - Alg. I, Geometry, Alg. II (4/19 & 20 - Alg. I; 4/21 - Geometry;
4/22 - Alg. II; make-up during the week)
April 26-30 - LA I, LA II, American History (4/26 & 27 - LA II; 4/28 - LA I;
4/29 - Am. History; make-up during week)
May 3-7 - Biology ( 5/3 & 4 - Bio. with make-up during week)
MONDAY, APRIL 19, 2010
1. EOC testing - Algebra I
2. Golf (JV) at Windsor Invitational in Pevely TBA
3. Girl's soccer (V/JV) here with Nettleton at 4:30 p.m.
4. Baseball (V/JV) at Dexter 4:00 p.m.
5. Boy's Tennis (V/JV) here with Sikeston at 4:00 p.m.
TUESDAY, APRIL 20, 2010
1. EOC testing - Alegbra I
2. Boy's Tennis (V/JV) at Kennett 4:00 p.m.
3. Track (V/JV) at Dexter (QUAD: Dexter/Scott City/Sikeston/PB) 4:00 p.m.
4. Girl's soccer (V) at Paragould 5:00 p.m.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 21, 2010
1. EOC testing - Geometry
2. Golf (V) at Osage National Classic in Lake of Ozark 9:00 a.m.
THURSDAY, APRIL 22, 2010
1. EOC testing - Algebra II
2. Baseball (V/JV) at Jackson 4:00 p.m.
3. Girl's soccer (JV/V) here with Jackson at 4:30 p.m.
FRIDAY, APRIL 23, 2010
1. EOC - make up tests
2. Girl's Soccer (JV) at Jackson JV Tournament TBA ( 4/23 - 4/24/10)
3. Baseball (V/JV) here with Cape Central at 4:00 p.m.
4. Track (V) at Postosi Invitational 4:00 p.m.
5. State Speech Tournament in Columbia.
SATURDAY, APRIL 24, 2010
1. Girl's soccer (V) at St. Vincent in Perryville 12:00 p.m.
2. Girl's soccer (JV) at Jackson JV Tournament TBA
3. Boy's Tennis (V) here PB Invitational 9:00 a.m.
4. State Speech Tournament in Columbia