Sample Question Paper
Describe how a switch decides whether it should a frame, and tell how it chooses the
How do the layers of the Internet model correlate to the layers of the OSI model?
When a party makes a local telephone call to another party, is this a point-to-point or
multipoint connection? Explain your answer.
If the commands router igrp 1 and network 10.0.0.0 are configured in a router that has
an Ethernet 0 interface with IP address 22.214.171.124, mask 255.255.255.0, does this router
have a route to 126.96.36.199?
Describe the purpose and meaning of route poisoning.
What is difference in Network Administration and System Administration?
You design a secure network for a customer who wants the same subnet mask on every
subnet. The customer will use network 10.0.0.0 and needs 200 subnets, each with 200
hosts maximum. What subnet mask would you use to allow the most growth in subnets?
Which mask would work and would allow for the most growth in the number of hosts per
Create a configuration for IGRP on a router with these interfaces and addresses: to0 using
188.8.131.52, e0 using 184.108.40.206, s0 using 220.127.116.11, and s1 using 18.104.22.168.
1. Which of the following addresses can be assigned to a host when using a subnet
mask of 255.255.254.0? (Select three)
2. IIUI has a Class C network and you need ten subnets. You wish to have as many
addresses available for hosts as possible. Which one of the following subnet mask
should you use?
E. None of the above
3. If an Ethernet port on Router DCS was assigned an IP address of 172.16.112.1/20,
what is the maximum number of hosts allowed on this LAN subnet?
A. 2046 B. 1024 C. 4096. D.8190 E.4094 F. None
4. The Computer Science network was assigned the class C network 22.214.171.124
from the PTCL. If the administrator at Computer Science were to subnet this class
C network using the 255.255.255.254 subnet mask, how many hosts will they be
able to support on each subnet?
A. 14 B.16
C. 30 D.32
D. 62 F.64
5. A host on the DCS network has been configured with the IP address
10.16.3.66/23. Which two statements describe this IP address? (Choose two)
A. The broadcast address of the subnet is 10.16.3.255 255.255.254.0
B. The network is not subnetted.
C. The last valid host address in the subnet is 10.16.2.254 255.255.254.0
D. The subnet address is 10.16.3.0 255.255.254.0
E. The lowest host address in the subnet is 10.16.2.1 255.255.254.0
6. You have a single Class C IP address and a point-to-point serial link that you want
to implement VLSM on. Which subnet mask is the most efficient for this point to
F. None of the Above
7. You have a network that supports VLSM and you need to reduce IP address
waste in your point to point WAN links. Which of the mask below would you
A. /38 B. /30 C. /23 D. /18 E. /32
8. Which OSI layers header contains the address of a destination host that is on
F. Data Link
9. The TCP/IP network model from the more popular OSI model. Which of the
layers below belong to the TCP/IP model. (Select all that apply)
B. Session Layer
C. Transport Layer
D. Internet Layer
E. Network Layer
F. Data Link Layer
G. Physical Layer
10. At which layer of the OSI model is the optimal path to a network destination
A. Data link layer