Curriculum Tracking System
1. The Summary sheet is a visual summary of the coverage information entered by
2. The coloured box is
split into two parts as
illustrated here. First
3. The first part of the
coloured box is a visual
representation of the
total points scored for
that experience and
outcome across the whole school (all the department scores totalled up).
The code is set as follows:
Colour Points Meaning
green 2 or more The experience and outcome appears to be well covered.
amber 1 The experience and outcome is only being partially covered.
red 0 The experience and outcome is not being covered at all.
4. The second part of the coloured box is a "2-point" check. Any one experience and
outcome may score a total of 2 or more points; however, this may represent
several departments partially covering it but no one department completely
The small coloured box on the right therefore indicates the following:
At least one department has scored that experience and outcome with 2
No department has scored that experience and outcome with 2 points and
further investigation is warranted.
This allows a quick management check to ensure nothing has been overlooked.
Secondary Curriculum Tracking System Managers Guide Page 1 of 4
1. The Overview sheet presents the same information as in the Summary sheet but
provides more information as to where (which department) the experience and
outcome is being taught.
Colour code as teachers
per summary scored a ‘2’
Scores reported by Yes/No drop down Review date
departments indicates management and reviewers
2. The check columns are for use by management. You will wish to follow up, as time
allows, issues highlighted by these curriculum tracking spreadsheets. . For
example, where an
experience an outcome is
partially covered by separate
departments, does this add
up to complete coverage? If
so, put ‘Yes’ in the check box
and the second part of the
colour box will also turn
Secondary Curriculum Tracking System Managers Guide Page 2 of 4
Where any department has scored a Colour coded
‘2’ (but not a ‘1’), the date that they report similar to
first cover it will appear here. Overview
1. It is not my intention to cover the use of the date information on
this spreadsheet however its intention is to be used for management
techniques such as:
2. Once again there is a check column for use by management. If the reviewer
selects ‘Yes’ for a particular Experience and Outcome then the second part of the
colour box will turn green as before.
Secondary Curriculum Tracking System Managers Guide Page 3 of 4
Levels 3 and 4 Overview
1. On opening this spreadsheet you will be faced with a screen like this:
2. Click on Update to ensure that all information is extracted from the Overview
sheets within the Level 3 and Level 4 workbooks.
3. Outcomes and Experiences for each Line of Development are enclosed within a
box. The Check, Review Date and Reviewer information is imported from the
Level 3 and 4 workbooks.
4. This sheet can provide a complete overview of the S1 to S3 curriculum within a
Secondary Curriculum Tracking System Managers Guide Page 4 of 4