This is a questionnaire that is designed to assist a borrower in determining the best
mortgage financing options. This questionnaire takes the current lifestyle, financial
situation, and personal goals into consideration when determining which financing
option is preferable. In addition, this questionnaire asks what mortgage feature is most
important to the borrower to help customize lending options. This questionnaire is ideal
for borrowers or clients to assist in determining which mortgage financing option is
Mortgage Planning Questionnaire
Buying a home is one of the most important decisions you will make. I am here to help you choose a financing option that
is right for you. Please complete the short questionnaire below prior to the mortgage application appointment.
With many different ways to finance a home, I need to know about your financial and investments goals, both long and
short term. In addition, I want to know what mortgage amount you want to pay and what your equity requirements are.
When we meet to discuss your financial plans, I will analyze your goals, your purchasing power, and show you how to
achieve your goal of purchasing a home.
1. Have you ever owned a home? Yes___ No___ If Yes, what type of mortgage did you have? ________________
2. Do you prepare and file your own income tax returns? Yes___ No___ If No, how familiar are you with the tax benefits
of a mortgage? _________________________
3. Do you plan to live in this house? ______1 year? ______ 5 years? ______ 10 years?
4. Use your best judgment to estimate how your household income will increase or decrease (please circle) in the next:
2 years? _________________ 5 years? _________________
5. In the next 5 years, do you think you will incur any of the following financial obligations:
A new car? Yes___ No___
A new baby? Yes___ No___
College Expenses? Yes ___No___
Change from full time to part time status at work? Yes___ No___
6. How important are your personal goals to you? Rank the following in order of importance to you with 1 as most
important and 7 as least important.
a. _____ Increasing your net worth
b. _____ Transitioning to a larger home within ____ years
c. _____ Paying off the mortgage when you retire in _____ years
d. _____ Financial freedom
e. _____ Preparing financially to send children to college
f. _____ Stock market investment
g. _____ Other
7. What feature of the mortgage is most important to you? Rank in order of importance to you with 1 as most important
and 8 as least important.
a. _____ Low payment
b. _____ Low closing costs
c. _____ Credit history improvement
d. _____ Debt elimination
e. _____ Getting the most tax benefits
f. _____ Paying off the loan in a specified period of time
g. _____ Low down payment
h. _____ Other
8. What is your ideal mortgage payment? __________________________
a. Your current rent is $______ per month.
b. Your current mortgage payment is $______ per month
c. Do you have a budget for your household? $______
© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. registered document proprietary, copy not 2
9. What is your financial philosophy? As you review your previous financial transactions and investments, are you...
_____ Moderate risk taker
_____ Risk taker
If you work with a financial planner, how would you rate him/her? ___ Excellent ___Good ___Average
If you work with a stockbroker, how would you rate him/her? ___ Excellent ___Good ___Average
If you work with a life insurance agent, how do you rate him/her? ___ Excellent ___Good ___Average
10. Does your employer provide a tax-deferred retirement plan? Yes___No___ Do you participate? Yes___No___
If Yes, do you contribute the maximum? Yes___No___
11. Do you have a will _____ in place? Yes___ No___
Or, do you have an established a living trust to protect your family’s assets in the event of something happening you?
If Yes, how would you rate your legal counsel? ___Excellent ___Good ___Average
12. When working with a lender, what is your primary concern? ________________________________________
Thank you for completing this questionnaire. I look forward to helping you choose the best mortgage financing options for
© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. registered document proprietary, copy not 3
INFORMATION AND FORMS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND
INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, OR FITNESS
FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL DOCSTOC, INC., OR ITS AGENTS, OFFICERS, ATTORNEYS,
ETC., BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF
PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE
THE MATERIALS, EVEN IF DOCSTOC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. They are for
guidance and should be modified by you or your attorney to meet your specific needs and the laws of your state or jurisdiction. Use at
your own risk. Docstoc® is NOT providing legal or any other kind of advice and is not creating or entering into an Attorney-Client
relationship. The information, reports, and forms are not a substitute for the advice of your own attorney. The law is a personal matter
and no general information or forms or like the kind Docstoc provides can always correctly fit every circumstance.
Note: Carefully read and foll