The Republic of Uganda
BID NOTICE UNDER OPEN DOMESTIC BIDDING
Construction of Access Roads in Bweyogerere Industrial Estate
Proc Ref: UIA/WRKS/2009-10/00010
1. The Government of the Republic of Uganda has allocated funds to Uganda
Investment Authority to be used for construction of access roads in Bweyogerere
2. The Uganda Investment Authority now invites Eligible Bidders to submit sealed
bids for construction of the following access roads; Bypass link (895m),
Kyaliwajjala road (580m), First street (278m) and Second street (172m).
3. Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the procedure set out in Open
Domestic Bidding Procedures of the Government of Uganda’s Procurement Laws,
the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act, 2003. The procurement
process is open to all bidders from Uganda.
4. Interested eligible bidders are invited for a pre-bid meeting to be followed
with field site inspection on same day, Monday, August 03rd, 2009 at 11:00
hrs; bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding
documents at the address given below at 8(a) from 09:00 – 17:00 Hours,
during working days.
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by submission
of a written application to the address below at 8(a) and upon payment of a non-
refundable fee of Uganda Shillings One Hundred Thousand (100,000/= Only) or
its equivalent in a freely convertible currency.
6. The procedure for payment will be: (a) Payment to Cash Office, Uganda
Investment Authority indicated in address 8 (a) below, (b) Bid Documents will
then be obtained from the address indicated below 8(a), upon presentation of a
Cash Office General Receipt. The documents can be picked by bidder
representative or sent by couriers services at the bidders cost. No liability will be
accepted for loss or late delivery or loss.
7. Bids addressed as indicated below (8b) must be delivered at the address indicated
in 8(a) at or before Thursday, 27th August 2009 at 11:00 Hours .Late bids shall be
rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who
choose to attend at the address below at 8(a) on Thursday, 27th August 2009 at
8. (a) Uganda Investment Authority Main Boardroom, 2nd Floor, TWED Plaza,
Plot 22, Lumumba Avenue.
(b) The Executive Director,
Uganda Investment Authority
P. O. Box 7418, Kampala - Uganda.
Attention: Head Procurement and Disposal Unit.
Prof. Maggie Kigozi