Nicholas J. Solis
423 N. Deep Hill Rd. Diamond Bar, CA 91765
05/10 University of Southern California Los Angeles, CA
Masters of Education: Post-Secondary Administration and
05/08 University of La Verne La Verne, CA
Bachelor of Arts: Liberal Studies
02/11 Chapman University Orange, CA
Present Office of Orientation and First Year Programs
- Advise 5 student orientation coordinators.
- Facilitate selection and hiring process of 100+ student orientation
- Help plan and implement all elements of new student orientation for
the fall 2011 incoming class.
- Facilitate focus groups on offering better resources and services to first
- Create new projects such as photo documentary projects for incoming
08/10 University of La Verne La Verne, CA
09/10 Office of the Registrar
- Processed transcript request paperwork of students.
- Processed grades and other data to student records.
- Helped Registrar and all other professional staff members on special
- Worked with student database, BANNER.
07/10 Institute for Leadership Education and Development
And Association of College Unions International
- Team program facilitator of 100+ students.
- Coordinated various workshops and presentations for student leaders.
- Co-lead small group of 12 students.
- Worked on leadership development with student leaders.
07/08 California Polytechnic University, Pomona Pomona, CA
02/10 Foundation Village Housing: Department of Residential Education
- Developed marketing materials for recruitment of new staff members.
- Lead hiring and selection of 30+ academic year and summer student
- Managed large programs for a community of approximately 1,300
- Supervised a staff of twenty-four students.
- Held judicial hearings.
- Planned of various workshops and seminars for Community Advisors
focused on personal well-being and professional development.
11/09 Phi Delta Theta: UCLA Los Angeles, CA
Present New Member Education Advisor
- Advisor to members for the re-establishment of a Phi Delta Theta
- Create workshops for undergraduate students on leadership and time
- Recruits and interviews college students as potential members.
11/09 National Association for Campus Activities Columbia, SC
11/10 Special Events Coordinator
- Member of the 2010 Western Regional Conference Planning
- Coordinated of all the major conference events including the awards
banquet and closing reception.
08/09 University of Southern California Los Angeles, CA
05/10 Rossier School of Education
- Attend recruitment events as a student representative for the Masters
- Established communication with potential students about admission
requirements, classes, resources, etc.
- Coordinated and scheduled campus tours with potential students.
05/09 University of Southern California Los Angeles, CA
05/10 P.A.S.A. Network
- Creating an Alumni database for the School of Education
- Coordination of Alumni Programs at Homecoming, NASPA
05/09 University of Southern California Los Angeles, CA
05/10 PASA Undergraduate Mentoring Program (PUMP)
- Implementation of Program.
- Established resources to assist undergraduates interested in graduate
school and Student Affairs.
- Directed informational workshops for all involved students.
07/09 Institute for Leadership Education and Development Boulder, CO
Association of College Unions International
- Emphasis of Student Development with facilitators.
- Assisted with institute logistics and set up.
- Served on curriculum review committee.
08/09 California Polytechnic University, Pomona Pomona, CA
12/09 Office of Greek Affairs
Greek Life Intern
- Assisted with re-chartering process of chapters on campus.
- Assisted with Pan-Hellenic recruitment.
- Developed organizational system on data for chapters.
01/09 University of La Verne La Verne, CA
05/09 Campus Center Intern
- Assisted Executive Director of Capital Planning with different tasks as
- Researcher on Campus Center governing board.
- Assisted with logistics of events during ACUI 2009 Annual
09/06 University of La Verne: Liberal Studies Office La Verne, CA
05/08 Peer Academic Advisor
- Worked under main Academic Advisor for the Liberal Studies
program within the College of Education and Organizational
- Advised students within the program on classes and degree
- Assisted students with applications and pre-requisites for the
Other Work Experience
01/07 Starbucks La Verne, CA
Present Barista/Shift Supervisor
- Customer Service.
- Create Educational Workshops for co-workers and customers.
- Cash Management.
10/10 Mark Burnette Production Company
- Work in post-production/editing department.
- Watch and transcribe video footage.
- Work efficiently under strict deadlines.
Presentations and Workshops
11/09 National Association for Campus Activities Portland, OR
Western Regional Conference
“By the way, did you know you can get a Masters in
- Presented workshop to undergraduate students
- Advised students on Student Affairs grad program.
- Provided several resources to assist with search and decisions.
10/09 California Polytechnic University, Pomona Pomona, CA
How to Get Involved on Campus
- Presented to group of students the various ways to become involved
- Offered resources to students on the importance of networking
04/09 California Polytechnic University, Pomona Pomona, CA
Tools for Academic Success
- Presentation to undergraduate students in the Student Leadership
- Provided guidance and resources to assist them in becoming successful
10/08 University of Maryland College Park, MD
Department of Residence Life and Student Leadership Conference
- Co-facilitated workshop to student leaders within the Department of
Residential Education on living out the FISH! Philosophy.