AHDB JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title Administrator
Line Manager (Job Title) Dale Goodall – PA to Director of Horticulture
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE DEPARTMENT AND JOB
The Horticulture Division supports the Horticulture industry. Its targets and objectives are as set
out in the AHDB Corporate Plan.
The key purpose of the Administrator role is :
To support both the Communications and Research Teams with their administrative
duties (specified below).
DIMENSIONS: AUTHORITY LEVELS & DECISION MAKING
To be advised.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS / MAIN CONTACTS / CONTEXT
As described in the Key Responsibilities.
1. To administer and maintain all Communications contracts, to include liaison with
Communications Managers and AHDB Finance.
2. Maintain contract filing, photocopy returned signed contracts and post to Industry Reps and
Procurement. Re-circulate returned contracts that need to be issued to multiple contractors.
Assist with printing of panel papers, factsheets etc.
3. To create and maintain mailing lists for HDC News for HDC’s editorial contractors. Liaise
with Communications Managers and AHDB Finance to ensure magazine is distributed to
levy, non-grower members and other recipients
4. Send out copies of reports and publications when requested. Pdf project documents to
Research and Communications Managers
5. Web support – Uploading documents, editing pages and generally updating the website to
provide Levy Payers with news on up and coming events etc., Pages include Weekly and
Broadcast emails, News, Events, Press Releases, Sector and SCEPTRE pages. (Training
6. Produce and maintain a publication inventory and carry out a regular stock take. Re-order
when necessary and control storage of Communications facility at FEC building.
7. Co-ordinate and administer all Communications working group meetings and conference
calls. Assisting Head of Communications in the creation, management and distribution of
agenda and meeting minutes.
8. Source and book hotel accommodation for Panel Meetings. Send out invites, collate replies,
chase non-responders, confirm final catering numbers to meeting venue.
9. Email draft Panel meeting minutes and upload final versions to web.
10. Source and book hotel accommodation, internal and external meeting rooms, travel and car
hire for Communications Team.
11. Monitor, maintain and reorder HDC stationery.
12. Cover of Communications or the Research Administrator roles during period of absence.
The postholder will also be expected to carry out any other responsibilities commensurate with
the post that the Line Manager/Chief Executive may require
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERTISE / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Excellent administration skills, good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
work to deadlines and under pressure.
Personal attributes include : The ability to work independently without supervision and
as part of a team, good sense of humour,
Good working knowledge of commonly used IT packages to include Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint), plus some experience of web editing.
OTHER ATTRIBUTES / KEY SKILLS/COMPETENCIES
Strong customer service skills, particularly when using telephone
Flexibility and adaptability
SIGNATURE (Postholder): DATE:
SIGNATURE (Manager): DATE: