AVA Annual Conference
20-25 May 2012
Australian Capital Territory
As the premier veterinary event each year, the Australian Veterinary Association Annual
Conference is an opportunity not to be missed.
It’s the one place where you can speak with veterinarians from all sections of the
profession, and make direct contact with the leaders and influencers in the industry.
We’re looking forward to working with you in preparation for the AVA Annual
We’re pleased to introduce some new and exciting opportunities to reach your
goals through the AVA Annual Conference. With the theme of sustainability, the
2012 conference is an opportunity to offer some new options while retaining
many of the great services you’ve enjoyed in previous years.
We have come up with some environmentally-friendly alternatives to satchel
inserts, including an expanded online exhibitor directory to help promote
your special conference offers and drive traffic to your stand.
There’s also an electronic noticeboard for advertising at the entrance to the
trade show, and the printed handbook advertising is supplemented with
the option to advertise in the smartphone app alternative to the handbook.
You can see more details on these new options on page 5, 16 and 17, or you
can contact the Conference Secretariat with your questions on 02 9431 5056
We’ve listened to your feedback from the 2011 conference, and have moved
the Late Night for Locals to Sunday night to free up your Wednesday evening
and give you the opportunity to attend the many other activities on that night. To
complement this, the conference will open on Sunday evening with a plenary session,
and have more substantial finger food on offer for the opening session of the trade show.
We are also working on providing you with better options for freight services and wi-fi
connection in the National Convention Centre.
Thank you for supporting the AVA and the annual landmark gathering of the veterinary
profession in Australia. See you in Canberra!
2 AVA Annual Conference | Sponsorship and Exhibition Prospectus
The Conference Sun 20 May – Fri 25 May 2012
The Industry exhibition Sun 20 May – Thu 24 May 2012
1,000 delegates (including speakers)!
Practice managers (2%)
Veterinary nurses (1%)
Practice owners or principals (27%)
Zoo or wildlife veterinarians (1%)
Industry veterinarians (5%)
Government veterinarians (3%)
Employed veterinarians (25%)
Data from AVA Annual Conference 2011 attendees
Why should you participate?
• The AVA Annual Conference is the largest veterinary • Visiting the trade and exhibition is the third most
gathering in Australia, covering all fields of veterinary important reason for delegates to attend the
science. conference (after education and meeting colleagues).
• 95% of exhibitors in 2011 achieved their objectives.* • Access to the people with buying power – delegates at
the AVA Annual Conference 2012 will include Australia’s
• 85% of exhibitors in 2011 rated the AVA Annual
leading professionals in their fields.
Conference above average or excellent compared to
other conferences and exhibitions.*
* Data from AVA Annual Conference 2011 feedback survey
20-25 May 2012 | Canberra, Australian Capital Territory 3
The National Convention Centre Canberra is the largest
purpose-built conference and event venue in the ACT.
Beyond Canberra’s more famous attractions, the city
unfolds into a vibrant mix of restaurants, nightclubs, National Convention Centre
museums and galleries. Growing urban centres are 31 Constitution Avenue
lined with trendy cafes and boutique shopping, while Canberra ACT 2601 Australia
weekend markets overflow with the freshest regional
produce and local wines. Walkers and cyclists tackle Phone: +61 2 6276 5200
the trails in the many local parks that wind their way Fax: +61 2 6276 5276
through the city. Website: www.nccc.com.au
One of Australia’s few planned cities, Canberra is a place
where architectural style complements the beauty
of the surrounding Australian bush. Located on the
ancient lands of the traditional owners, the Ngunnawal
people, Canberra is thought to derive its name from
the Aboriginal word Kamberra or ‘meeting place’.
Canberra is a great location for families, with a range of
entertaining and informative options to keep kids of all
ages busy. From Questacon and the Institute of Sport
to the National Gallery and Parliament House, there’s
plenty to keep the most energetic visitor engaged.
4 AVA Annual Conference | Sponsorship and Exhibition Prospectus
For the second year, we’ll be continuing to offer the
popular lunchtime lectures in the exhibition hall,
along with the new product showcase.
With a special focus on being environmentally friendly
this year, we also have some exciting new options to
reduce our reliance on paper.
In 2011, the conference website attracted more than
7,500 visitors and 13,000 visits, and has emerged as the
primary source of information about the conference for Our tradeshow directory is a new feature of the
delegates. conference website where your handbook description
can be accompanied by links to promotional pages
on your website or competition entries for delegates
to download and take to your stand. It’s a great
opportunity to highlight any special offers or product
information you want to feature at the conference.
The onsite electronic noticeboard will broadcast
your advertisement or promotional video to delegates
as they enter the exhibition. Combine this with an
announcement by our professional spruiker to attract
delegates to your stand.
Our traditional handbook advertising option will be
augmented by the opportunity to advertise on the
smartphone app that delegates can choose to use
instead of the printed handbook.
20-25 May 2012 | Canberra, Australian Capital Territory 5
Maximise your visibility Platinum sponsorship
to key target markets One opportunity only SOLD
by becoming a sponsor
of the AVA Annual
Conference 2012. • Acknowledgement as Platinum Sponsor
• Thirty six (36) square metres of exhibition space in the industry
An early commitment exhibition – either booths or floor space only. Preferential treatment
regarding allocation of exhibition space within the exhibition
will mean greater
• Your company logo on each conference satchel (placement and size of
exposure and better the logo is at the discretion of the AVA)
value for money. • Your company logo on delegate lanyards
• Sponsorship of one (1) scientific stream of the sponsor’s choice
• A full-page colour advertisement in the conference handbook and
advertising in the handbook smartphone app
• One (1) slot in the electronic noticeboard queue
• Website package including placement of your logo on the conference
website home page and a free listing in the online trade directory
• Opportunity to include two (2) conference related articles in eLine
• Acknowledgement on selected printed matter leading up to and
during the AVA Annual Conference 2012
• Inclusion of your company logo on conference signage, including logo
in prominent position on the sponsors’ board during the conference
• Six (6) full exhibitor registrations to the conference
• Opportunity for appropriately qualified representative to address the
audience for a maximum of three (3) minutes during the opening
• Conference logo for use on your promotional material
6 AVA Annual Conference | Sponsorship and Exhibition Prospectus
Gold sponsorship Silver sponsorship
Limited opportunities only $25,900 (incl gst) Limited opportunities only $20,750 (incl gst)
• Acknowledgement as Gold Sponsor • Acknowledgement as Silver Sponsor
• $20,000 worth of sponsorship package extras • Nine (9) square metres of exhibition space in the
• Nine (9) square metres of exhibition space in the industry exhibition – either booths or floor space
industry exhibition – either booths or floor space only
only • $10,000 worth of sponsorship package extras
• Website package including placement of your • Four (4) full exhibitor registrations to the
logo on the conference website home page and a conference
free listing in the online trade directory • Website package including placement of your
• Opportunity to include one (1) conference related logo on the conference website home page and a
article in eLine free listing in the online trade directory
• Four (4) full exhibitor registrations to the • Acknowledgement on selected printed material
conference leading up to and during the AVA Annual
• Acknowledgement on selected printed matter Conference 2012
leading up to and during the AVA Annual • Inclusion of your company logo on conference
Conference 2012 signage, including logo on the sponsors’ board
• Inclusion of your company logo on conference during the conference
signage, including sponsors’ board during the • Conference logo for use on your promotional
• Conference logo for use on your promotional
20-25 May 2012 | Canberra, Australian Capital Territory 7
Limited opportunities only $8,300 (incl gst)
Bronze sponsorship There will be plenary sessions held on each day of
Limited opportunities only $12,450 (incl gst) the conference. Each session will feature a keynote
speaker, panel discussion or a hypothetical. Details
of each plenary topic will be available in December
• Acknowledgement as Bronze Sponsor • Exclusive signage at the entrance to the plenary
• Nine (9) square metres of exhibition space in the session and within the plenary session room
industry exhibition – either booths or floor space (signage to be supplied by sponsor)
only • Acknowledgement by the session chairperson
• Four (4) full exhibitor registrations to the • Logo slide displayed at the beginning and end of
conference the session
• Website package including placement of your • Opportunity for appropriately qualified
logo on the conference website home page and a representative to address the audience during
free listing in the online trade directory the plenary session for a maximum of three (3)
• A half-page colour advertisement in the minutes
conference handbook and advertising in the • Three (3) one-day registrations for the day of the
handbook smartphone app plenary session
• Acknowledgement on selected printed material • Acknowledgement on selected printed material
leading up to and during the AVA Annual leading up to and during the AVA Annual
Conference 2012 Conference 2012
• Inclusion of your company logo on conference • Website package including placement of your
signage, including logo on the sponsors board logo on the conference website home page and a
during the conference free listing in the online trade directory
• Conference logo for use on your promotional • Inclusion of your company logo on conference
material signage, including logo on the sponsors board
during the conference
• Conference logo for use on your promotional
8 AVA Annual Conference | Sponsorship and Exhibition Prospectus
Scientific stream memory stick
sponsorship One opportunity only or joint $10,000
Limited opportunities only POA sponsorship will be considered (incl gst)
• Sponsor’s logo to be included on official All delegates will receive a reusable conference pro-
conference signage within the meeting room ceedings memory stick containing papers from all
including title slides at beginning and end of scientific sessions. The memory stick will be given to
sessions delegates on arrival and will be an ongoing resource
• Opportunity to supply company signage to be for delegates in their practice.
located at the entrance and inside the meeting • Logo and acknowledgement printed on the
room during these sessions (signage to be memory stick
supplied by sponsor) • Acknowledgement on selected printed
• Opportunity to display promotional material matter leading up to and during the AVA
inside the meeting room where the stream is Annual Conference 2012
being held • Website package including placement of
• Opportunity for sponsor representative to attend your logo on the conference website
sessions and welcome delegates as they enter home page and a free listing in the
the sessions online trade directory
• Acknowledgement on selected printed material • Inclusion of your logo on
leading up to and during the AVA Annual conference signage, including
Conference 2012 sponsors’ board during the
• Inclusion of your logo on conference conference
signage, including sponsors’ board • Conference logo for use
during the conference on your promotional
• Website package including material
placement of your logo on the
conference website home page
and a free listing in the online
• Conference logo for use on
your promotional material
20-25 May 2012 | Canberra, Australian Capital Territory 9
Happy Hour Drinks
sponsorship $6,200 (incl gst)
Three opportunities only per function
One opportunity only or joint $12,450
sponsorship will be considered (incl gst) Happy Hour Drinks will be held on Monday, Tuesday
and Wednesday evenings in the exhibition area.
• Naming rights to the nominated Happy Hour
A themed gala dinner will be held on Thursday night
attended by 400 guests. • Opportunity to display signage at the entrance
to the Exhibition Hall and around the catering
• Naming rights to the Gala Dinner stations throughout the Exhibition Hall during the
• Opportunity to display signage throughout the function. Signage must not be obtrusive or cover
room other exhibitors’ displays or signage
• Opportunity to have input into theming and • Opportunity to upgrade the drinks package and/
entertainment or offer canapés for duration of Happy Hour, at
• Opportunity to give guests a gift or provide a sponsor’s cost
table piece or place setting • Opportunity for theming or special promotion to
• Acknowledgement on selected printed material be approved by the AVA prior to conference
leading up to and during the AVA Annual • Acknowledgement on selected printed material
Conference 2012 leading up to and during the AVA Annual
• Inclusion of your logo on conference signage, Conference 2012
including sponsors’ board during the conference • Inclusion of your logo on conference signage,
• Website package including placement of your including sponsors’ board during the conference
logo on the conference website home page and a • Website package including placement of your
free listing in the online trade directory logo on the conference website home page and a
• Opportunity for appropriately qualified free listing in the online trade directory
representative to address the audience during the • Conference logo for use on your promotional
dinner for a maximum of three (3) minutes material
• Conference logo for use on your promotional • Opportunity for appropriately qualified
material representative to address the audience during the
Happy Hour for a maximum of three (3) minutes
10 AVA Annual Conference | Sponsorship and Exhibition Prospectus
Conference notes Coffee Cart Sponsorship
package Limited opportunities
One opportunity only $6,500 (incl gst) available $2,800 (incl gst)
Brand the delegates’ notes pages within the printed Coffee Cart sponsorship in the exhibition hall.
conference handbook and the handy conference • Barista and all necessary inclusions during break
pen. times and happy hours for the duration of the
• Sponsor logo on every notes page exhibition
• Sponsor logo on pens • Website package including placement of your
• Acknowledgement on selected printed matter logo on the conference website home page and a
leading up to and during the AVA Annual free listing in the online trade directory
Conference 2012 • Inclusion of your company logo on conference
• Website package including placement of your signage, including logo on the sponsors board
logo on the conference website home page and a during the conference
free listing in the online trade directory • Conference logo for use on your promotional
• Inclusion of your company logo on conference materials
signage, including logo on the sponsors’ board
during the conference
• Conference logo for use on your promotional
20-25 May 2012 | Canberra, Australian Capital Territory 11
Sponsorship package extras
are available to companies
that purchase Gold or Silver
They give you the chance to
tailor sponsorship opportunities
to suit your marketing objectives.
Choose the required level of sponsorship from
the options. Each level entitles the sponsor to a
specified value of sponsorship extras. Just choose the
extras you want to add to your overall sponsorship
The following list is not exhaustive and can be
tailored to your needs.
All costs include GST.
12 AVA Annual Conference | Sponsorship and Exhibition Prospectus
Gala Dinner $12,450 Advertising – quarter page colour in confer-
ence handbook and smartphone app package
Conference proceedings memory stick
$8,300 Advertising – display advertising on
(1 opportunity only) $2,070
Plenary session sponsorship
$8,300 Advertising – handbook smartphone app only $1,000
(4 opportunities only)
Happy Hour sponsorship Tradeshow directory – online information
(3 opportunities only) about your company and special offers
or announcements you’re making at the
Conference notes package $6,500 conference
9sqm booth $5,600 Conference eLine article $2,070
Breakfast session Electronic noticeboard at exhibition
(3 opportunities only) entrance (ten 5-minute slots available $2,400
for video or still images)
Pre-conference email/mailing to delegates $3,100**
Exhibitor registration $465
Post-conference email/mailing to delegates $3,100**
Stream sponsorship POA
Advertising – full page colour in conference
handbook and smartphone app package Other
Contact the Conference Secretariat with your POA
Advertising – half page colour in conference
handbook and smartphone app package
* Does not include catering or room hire charges
** Sponsor responsible for mailing costs if mailing preferred method.
POA – Price on application
20-25 May 2012 | Canberra, Australian Capital Territory 13
To give you maximum exposure to delegates, we have extended the opening times for the exhibition.
• Sunday evening will feature a • Refreshment breaks including • Happy Hour drinks will be held in
longer opening session, along morning tea, lunch and afternoon the exhibition area after close of
with a Late Night for Locals to give tea, will be served in the industry sessions on Monday, Tuesday and
local residents a chance to visit the exhibition area. Wednesday and will extend for an
exhibition if they can’t attend the additional half hour after food and
whole conference. drinks service finishes.
Floor plan Exhibitor entitlements
The floor plan for the AVA Annual Conference 2012 Each exhibiting company is entitled to two (2) full
industry exhibition is included on page 20 of this exhibitor registrations. These are issued on a per stand
prospectus. (9sqm) basis. Exhibitors booking a four (4sqm) stand
are entitled to one (1) full exhibitor registration. Each
The floor plan depicts the location of booths in relation exhibitor registration includes daily catering, happy
to the catering stations. Both modular stands and floor hour drinks, conference gala dinner and admission to
space will be sold off this plan. Modular stands measure scientific sessions. In addition, each exhibiting company
three (3) metres x three (3) metres (i.e. nine (9) square is entitled to one (1) conference satchel.
metres). There are limited two (2) metres x two (2) metres
(i.e. four (4) square metres) stands available. Additional exhibitor passes may be purchased and
details of these will be available in the Exhibitor Manual
The floor plan is correct at the time of printing, however, which will be sent to you prior to the conference.
the organisers retain the right to alter the layout if
necessary and these changes may occur without notice.
14 AVA Annual Conference | Sponsorship and Exhibition Prospectus
Modular stands Modular stands Custom stands
Nine (9) square metres Four (4) square metres Cost per square metre
$5,600 incl gst per unit $3,100 incl gst per unit $525 incl gst
• Carpeted floor space • Carpeted floor space • Carpeted floor space
• Back and side walls • Back and side walls • Two (2) full exhibitor
• Exhibitor name and stand • Exhibitor name and stand registrations per 9sqm space
number on fascia panel number on fascia panel • Listing on AVA Annual
• Two (2) spotlights supplied per • One (1) spotlight supplied per Conference 2012 website
stand stand • Sponsor and exhibitor support
• One (1) power point • One (1) power point services
• Two (2) full exhibitor • One (1) full exhibitor registration
registrations • Listing on the AVA Annual
• Listing on the AVA Annual Conference 2012 website
Conference 2012 website • Sponsor and exhibitor support
• Sponsor and exhibitor support services
Please note that all designs for custom stands must be submitted to the organiser and venue for approval.
The Conference Secretariat will offer a full range of sponsor and exhibitor support services. These include: providing
assistance with building custom stands, hiring furniture, audiovisual and telecommunication devices, and the
coordination of social functions. Comprehensive information will be forwarded to confirmed exhibitors in due course.
20-25 May 2012 | Canberra, Australian Capital Territory 15
Electronic Limited opportunities only!
noticeboard $3,100 (incl gst)
Limited opportunities only!
$2,600 (incl gst)
Exhibitors have the opportunity to
present mini lunchtime lectures
to delegates. A theatrette will
Highlight your special offers or new be constructed in the exhibition
products in one of ten rotating hall for short lunchtime lectures
5-minute slots on a super-sized creating the perfect platform to
electronic noticeboard right in demonstrate or launch a new
the field of vision as delegates product. Dedicated 20 minute
enter the exhibition. You can timeslots are available each
choose from a static message or lunchtime.
a 5-minute video. It’s a perfect
complement to the professional
spruiker if you want to promote a
special giveaway or new product. New product
Limited opportunities only!
Saturday 19 May 1000 – 1600 Custom stand build $2,600 (incl gst)
1000 – 1600 Exhibitor move in
Sunday 20 May 1630 – 1800 Opening plenary session
1800 – 2030 Late Night for Locals
Display a new product at the
0830 – 1800 Exhibition open entrance to the exhibition in the
Monday 21 May
1800 – 1930 Happy Hour Drinks product showcase. At the entrance
0830 – 1800 Exhibition open to the exhibition, all delegates
Tuesday 22 May
1800 – 1930 Happy Hour Drinks will view the showcase as they
enter. Limited spaces are available.
0830 – 1800 Exhibition open
Wednesday 23 May Includes a glass display cabinet,
1800 – 1930 Happy Hour Drinks
signage and a brochure rack.
0830 – 1400 Exhibition open
Thursday 24 May 1400 – tbc Exhibitor move out
1900 – late Gala Dinner
16 AVA Annual Conference | Sponsorship and Exhibition Prospectus
Handbook advertising packages include the option to advertise on the handbook smartphone app.
Full page colour Half page colour Quarter page colour The following surcharges
$2,490 (exhibitors) $1,550 (exhibitors) $1,030 (exhibitors) apply to the above prices
$4,980 (non-exhibitors) $3,100 (non-exhibitors) $2,060 (non-exhibitors) for prominent locations:
• Back cover – 75%
• Inside front cover – 50%
Smartphone app Tradeshow directory Satchel inserts
$1,000 (incl gst) $500 (incl gst) $1,860 (exhibitors) and $3,720 (non-exhibitors)
Highlight your latest In 2011, the conference In keeping with the conference theme of sustainability, our
achievements by website attracted more satchels will be smaller and more environmentally friendly
advertising on the first ever than 7,500 visitors and this year. We are encouraging exhibitors and advertisers to
AVA Annual Conference 13,000 visits, and is now use some of the new promotional options available such
handbook smartphone app. the primary source of all as the online tradeshow directory, electronic noticeboard
Delegates can choose to information about the and extended advertising opportunities rather than paper
use their smartphones or conference for delegates. satchel inserts.
iPads for all the info they A new-look online directory All delegates will be given the option to receive a
need at the conference about your company will conference satchel upon arrival at the conference, and
rather than carry a printed promote any special offers will be able to choose between a printed conference
handbook. We estimate or announcements you’re handbook or a handbook smartphone app if they have
around 10% of delegates making at the conference. access to suitable technology.
will choose this option Delegates can download a
during the first year. Any satchel inserts need to be printed on recycled paper
competition entry form, or and must be in the spirit of the sustainability theme. The
link to tailored information Conference Secretariat must approve the size and content
about your products and of satchel inserts.
20-25 May 2012 | Canberra, Australian Capital Territory 17
The size and location of all logos
included in conference collateral, on Australian
the conference website or conference Veterinary Association
signage will be at the discretion of the
Unit 40, 6 Herbert Street
Conference Secretariat and will reflect St Leonards NSW 2065
the level of commercial support given.
Phone: +61 2 9431 5056
There is to be no sale or promotion Fax: +61 2 9437 9068
of products or services that conflict
with AVA policy. The conference
organisers have the right to remove
any products from display that it feels
are inappropriate without penalty. To
view the current AVA policies visit
18 AVA Annual Conference | Sponsorship and Exhibition Prospectus
Conditions of Conditions of
sponsorship payment exhibition payment
A deposit of 50% of the total amount payable will be A deposit of 50% of the total amount payable will be
required upon signing the enclosed booking form required upon signing the enclosed booking form to
to secure your sponsorship package preference. The secure your preferred location. The outstanding balance
outstanding balance must be received no later than must be received no later than 9 April 2012.
9 April 2012.
Payment methods 1. Requests for cancellations must be submitted in
1. Tax invoice – an invoice will be raised for payment. 2. If cancellation is accepted, 50% of the contracted cost
2. Direct bank transfer – please contact the Conference to exhibit will be retained.
Secretariat for bank account details. 3. If cancellation occurs within two (2) months of the
3. Company cheque. commencement of the exhibition, 100% of the
4. Credit card – Visa, MasterCard and Diners accepted, contracted cost to exhibit will be retained.
an additional 2.05% handling charge applies. 4. See the Terms and Conditions for more information.
Applications for exhibition space will be allocated in the following order:
1. AVA Corporate Supporters Please complete the enclosed booking form specifying
2. Companies wishing to sponsor the conference your preferred sponsorship items and exhibition location
and return it to the AVA on the relevant date as specified
3. Companies that have exhibited at three or more above. Upon receipt of your application form you will
consecutive AVA Annual Conferences. Booking be issued with a written letter of confirmation stating
forms to be submitted by email from 11.00am AEST your sponsorship entitlements and location within the
on Monday 10 October 2011. Space will then be industry exhibition.
allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Please forward evidence of your public liability coverage
4. Companies that have not exhibited at the last three to the Conference Secretariat with the balance of
AVA Annual Conferences. Booking forms to be monies owed no later than 9 April 2012. If not received,
submitted by email from 11.00am AEST on Tuesday the Conference Secretariat will charge the exhibitor an
11 October 2011. Space will then be allocated on a additional fee for this coverage.
first come, first served basis.
20-25 May 2012 | Canberra, Australian Capital Territory 19
16. The Organiser may refuse, without limitation, to permit activity within the exhibition
or may require the cessation of particular activities at their discretion.
17. The Organiser reserves the right (without penalty) to remove any products from
display that, in its discretion it considers to be inappropriate.
18. The Organiser reserves the right to specify heights of walls and coverings for display
1. The term “Organiser” refers to The Australian Veterinary Association Ltd (ABN 63 008
19. The Organiser reserves the right to review the content and presentation of the
2. The term “Exhibitor” (as identified in the Booking Form or other written request
Exhibitor catalogues, acknowledgements, handbills and printed matter with respect
for exhibition space) means any person, firm, company or other entity and its
to the exhibition. Should this review indicate that, in the absolute discretion of
employees and agents.
the Organiser, the item is offensive or conflicts with AVA policy the Organiser shall
3. A contract is formed between the Organiser and the Exhibitor when the Organiser provide the Exhibitor with a verbal or written request to immediately remove the
accepts the Booking Form and issues a written letter of confirmation to the item from distribution at the exhibition. Failure to comply with this request shall
Exhibitor. The Booking Form and any payment obligation contained therein form constitute a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
part of these Terms and Conditions, such that a breach of the Booking Form shall
20. The Organiser may determine the hours during which the Exhibitor has access to
constitute a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
the exhibition venue for the purpose of setting up and dismantling.
4. The Organiser may cancel the contract at its discretion if the agreed deposit (as
21. The Organiser reserves the right to refuse any person, including exhibitor staff,
provided for in the Booking Form) is not received within 28 days of lodging the
representatives, visitors, contractors and/or agents, entry to the exhibition if they do
Booking Form. Additionally, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel the contract
not hold a purchased or complimentary entry card.
by returning the deposit within 28 days of receipt of the Booking Form.
22. The Organiser may in its discretion specify conditions relating to the movement of
5. The Organiser reserves the right in its absolute discretion to refuse any Booking
goods and displays, prior, during and after the exhibition.
Form or prohibit any Exhibitor from participation without assigning a reason for
such refusal or prohibition. 23. The Organiser may in its discretion specify any regulations with regard to sound
levels including microphones, sound amplification, machine demonstrations and
Obligations and rights of the Organiser
videos. The Exhibitor agrees to abide by these regulations.
6. Any decision of the Organiser is final and no negotiation will be entered into on any
24. The Organiser will arrange security onsite during the period of the exhibition.
question not covered in this contract.
25. The Organiser will arrange for daily cleaning of aisles outside the exhibition open
7. The Organiser agrees to hold the exhibition, however, it reserves the right to
postpone the exhibition from the set dates and to hold the exhibition on other
dates as near to the original dates as possible, utilising the right only when Obligations and rights of the Exhibitor
circumstances necessitate such action and without any liability to the Organiser. 26. The Exhibitor must ensure that all accounts are finalised and paid by that date
8. The Organiser agrees to promote the exhibition to maximise participation. The which is 14 days prior to the start date of the exhibition and that all payments
Organiser does not however make any warranty that the venue of the exhibition are otherwise made strictly as required under the Booking Form or as otherwise
or its facilities and equipment will be adequate or fit for display purposes or for any required in these Terms and Conditions.
other intended use. 27. The Exhibitor must use allocated space only for the display and promotion of goods
9. The Organiser agrees to allocate the Exhibitor an exhibition space as close as and/or services within the scope of the exhibition.
possible to their desired location. The Exhibitor must not carry onto the venue of the exhibition anything that is
dangerous, noxious, offensive, illegal, immoral, or that is otherwise likely to harm the
10. The Organiser reserves the right (without penalty) in unforeseeable circumstances
reputation of the Organiser or its related entities.
to amend or alter the exact site of the location of the stand and the Exhibitor
undertakes to agree to any alteration to the site or the space re-allocated by the 28. The Exhibitor must make every effort to maximise promotion and commercial
Organiser. benefits of participating in the exhibition. The Exhibitor acknowledges that the
Organiser makes no promise or warranty in connection with the commercial
11. The Organiser reserves the right (without penalty) to change the exhibition floor
viability of the Exhibitor participating in the exhibition.
layout if necessary.
29. The Exhibitor must comply with all directions/requests issued by the Organiser
12. The Organiser is responsible for the control of the exhibition area.
including those outlined in the Exhibitor Manual.
13. The Organiser may in its discretion (and without penalty) shorten or lengthen the
30. The Exhibitor must observe, perform and fulfil the requirements of any statute,
duration of the exhibition and alter the hours during which the exhibition is open
regulation, by-law or local law including without limiting the generality of the
foregoing, all statutes, regulations, by laws and local laws relating to health, safety,
14. The Organiser agrees to provide the Exhibitor with an Exhibitor Manual prior to the water supply, sewerage, fire protection and building requirements.
exhibition for the purpose of communicating required actions on the part of the
31. The Exhibitor must ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of their allocated space.
The Exhibitor must make good any damage caused to any part of the venue of
The Exhibitor must comply with all requirements of the Exhibitor Manual. A failure
the exhibition or to any adjoining premises occasioned by misuse, abuse, or want
to comply with the Exhibitor Manual shall be deemed to constitute a breach of
of care on the part of the Exhibitor, its servants, agents, contractors or invitees or
these Terms and Conditions.
otherwise occasioned by any breach or default of the Exhibitor. At the end of the
15. The Organiser has the right to take such action as is necessary (including such exhibition, or sooner if required by the Organiser in accordance with these Terms
action as may be contemplated in the Exhibitor Manual) to ensure that all laws in and Conditions, the Exhibitor must vacate any display space allocated to it, remove
connection with the exhibition are complied with, to prevent damage to person/
people or property and to maximise the commercial success of the exhibition.
22 AVA Annual Conference | Sponsorship and Exhibition Prospectus
connection with the removal or vacation, as the case may be,
of the Exhibitor’s display. The Exhibitor shall indemnify the Organiser for
any loss or damage suffered by any other person as a result of the Exhibitor’s
all of the Exhibitor’s property from the display space and leave it in the same conduct referred to above and the consequences thereof.
condition as when it was first occupied by the Exhibitor. The Organiser will not be Insurance, indemnity and liability
liable for any property left or abandoned at the venue of the exhibition and may
remove and deal with any property of the Exhibitor not removed by the Exhibitor as 44. The Exhibitor occupies the venue of the exhibition at its own risk. The Organiser
it sees fit, at the cost of the Exhibitor. will not be liable for, or responsible to, the Exhibitor or any other party for any
loss arising howsoever whether for personal injury, loss of life, damage or loss of
32. The Exhibitor will not display an exhibit in such a manner as to obstruct or affect property, loss of business or economic loss which may be suffered or sustained
neighbouring exhibitors. This includes blocking or projecting light, impeding or in or around the venue of the exhibition or otherwise in connection with the
projecting into aisles or neighbouring exhibition space. exhibition except to the extent of any negligence of the Organiser or its employees,
33. The Exhibitor will submit plans and visuals of custom designed exhibits to the contractors or agents. Without limiting this clause, the Organiser will not be liable
Organiser for approval prior to the commencement of the exhibition. Exhibitors for or responsible to the Exhibitor or any other party for;
failing to do so may be denied access to the exhibition to set-up or may be (a) interruption, failure or variation to the supply of services to the venue of the
requested to cease building. exhibition;
(b) postponement, delay or interruption, cancellation, suspension or termination of
34. The Exhibitor is responsible for all items within their allocated exhibition space. the exhibition from any cause whatsoever;
35. The Exhibitor agrees to adhere to all fire regulations and will refrain from using (c) interference with any rights granted under this Contract directly or indirectly
flammable or dangerous materials within the exhibition. Written approval must be caused by or resulting from any matter, circumstance or cause beyond the control
sought from the Organiser if flammable or dangerous materials are required for the of the Exhibitor.
success of the exhibit. 45. The Exhibitor must effect and maintain for the period of the exhibition policies of
36. The Exhibitor will not use nails, screws or other fixtures on any part of the premises insurance for:
including walls and floor unless authorised by the Organiser. (a) damage to or loss of the property of the Exhibitor and their employees,
contractors and agents;
37. The Exhibitor agrees to engage the Organiser’s preferred freight forwarder and
(b) public liability, including death injury and loss of property of third parties,
to comply with all instructions relating to delivery times. If an alternate freight
including the Organiser for an amount not less than $10 million for any one
forwarder is engaged, the Exhibitor acknowledges that the Organiser will not be
able to provide assistance in tracking lost deliveries. The Exhibitor agrees that the
(c) work cover, workers compensation and employers liability as required by law.
Organiser will not be liable for any goods rejected by the venue or lost or damaged.
The Exhibitor must provide certificates of currency for the policies (at the request of
38. The Exhibitor agrees to abide by requests made by the Organiser to stop any the Organiser) prior to taking up occupation of the allocated exhibition space.
activity that may cause annoyance to others in the exhibition.
46. The Exhibitor must indemnify and hold the Organiser harmless in respect of all
39. The Exhibitor agrees to conduct all business transactions within their allocated damages, injuries, costs, claims, demands, liabilities, and expenses, however they
exhibition space unless otherwise approved by the Organiser. may arise and whoever may make them in connection with or arising out of the
40. The Exhibitor agrees to not sell, display or promote products or services that conflict exhibition and/ or this Contract or caused or contributed to by the negligence of
with the policies of the Organiser and accepts that the Organiser has the right to the Exhibitor, its employees, contractors, or agents.
remove any product from display that the Organiser determines conflicts with Payment and cancellation
those policies, without penalty. The policies of the Organiser shall be those which
47. The Exhibitor must make payment of amounts due by the dates set out in these
are presented on the websites of these organisations, or are those to which other
Terms and Conditions (and clause 26 in particular). Should payment not be made
written directions or guidance are provided by the Organiser.
by these dates the stand will be available for sale to another person or entity.
Storage of goods All deposits paid will automatically be forfeited and no refund will be made. No
41. Instructions regarding storage will be outlined in the Exhibitor Manual distributed exhibitor shall occupy allocated exhibition space until all monies owing to the
prior to the exhibition. Under no circumstance are goods permitted to be stored in Organiser by the Exhibitor are paid in full.
public access areas.n. 48. In the event that the Exhibitor fails to occupy their allocated exhibition space by
Stand services and construction the advertised opening time, the Organiser is authorised to occupy this space
in any manner deemed to be in the best interest of the Exhibition. The Exhibitor
42. Official contractors will be appointed by the Organiser to undertake stand contracted to this space will remain liable to all Terms and Conditions of Contract
construction and freight forwarding plus supply furniture, electrics, telecoms and and will not be eligible for a refund.
IT equipment. This is for insurance and security reasons. All non-official contractors
wishing to enter the exhibition are required to produce current Certificates of 49. In exceptional circumstances the Organiser will consider Exhibitor cancellation; but
Currency for Insurance, Public Liability and Occupational Health and Safety. Access only if the following conditions are complied with:
will be denied without such documentation. • The request for cancellation is submitted in writing.
• The request is received at least six (6) months prior to the exhibition.
Breach of Terms and Conditions by Exhibitor • The Organiser is able to re-let the cancelled space in its entirety.
43. In the event of any breach or any other contravention of any of these Terms and • The reason for the cancellation is, in the opinion of the Organiser well founded
Conditions, the Organiser shall be entitled to immediately revoke any right to use (and does not include bankruptcy, liquidation, receivership or similar event).
the exhibition space granted to the Exhibitor. In the event of such revocation, if • The Organiser confirms acceptance of the cancellation in writing.
the Exhibitor has already erected displays or other materials or constructions, the • All monies due under these Terms and Conditions have been paid in full.
Organiser shall have the right to require the Exhibitor to remove such displays, 50. The Exhibitor accepts that if cancellation occurs prior to the payment of the deposit
materials and constructions forthwith without disruption to other exhibitors or, that the Exhibitor will be invoiced and required to pay this amount within a period
at the Organiser’s discretion, to otherwise vacate such displays, materials and of 30 days from the date of the invoice. If cancellation occurs within two (2) months
constructions for the duration of the exhibition or dismantling by the Exhibitor at of the commencement of the exhibition, 100% of the contracted price to exhibit
the conclusion of the exhibition. In either event, the Exhibitor shall not be entitled will be payable to the Organiser (less any amounts already paid) and the Exhibitor
to a refund of moneys already paid to the Organiser and shall immediately pay to will be invoiced and required to pay this amount within a period of 30 days from
the Exhibitor all the moneys then due and owing to the Organiser. The Organiser the date of the invoice.
shall not be liable to the Exhibitor or any other person for any loss or damage in
20-25 May 2012 | Canberra, Australian Capital Territory 23
AVA Annual Conference
20-25 May 2012
Australian Capital Territory
Please complete the booking form below, then scan and email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to page 19 of this prospectus for the
appropriate booking date for your organisation. These dates will be strictly adhered to.
All amounts are in Australian dollars and include GST.
Contact name: Position:
Suburb: State: Postcode:
Telephone: Facsimile: Mobile:
Product / service to be exibited:
Exhibition space booking Preferred stand location
Indicate stand numbers in preference:
Modular / shell scheme _______ number of 9sqm stands $5,600 each Total $
_______ number of 4sqm stands $3,100 each Total $
Floor space only _______ number of square metres $525 per sqm Total $ 5th 6th
Sponsorship opportunities Sponsorship Extras Lunchtime lectures
Platinum sponsorship SOLD Gold and Silver sponsors to select Extras from the $3,100
Gold sponsorship $25,900 following list
Topic/theme/product being discussed:
Silver sponsorship $20,750 Gala Dinner $12,450
Bronze sponsorship $12,450 Proceedings memory stick $8,300
Plenary session $8,300 Plenary session $8,300
Stream sponsorship POA Happy Hour $6,200
Conference proceedings memory stick $8,300 Conference notes package $6,500 New product showcase
Gala Dinner sponsorship $12,450 9sqm booth $5,600 $2,600
Happy Hour Drinks sponsorship $6,200 Sponsored breakfast session $4,150
Pre-conference email/mailing $3,100 Product to be displayed:
Conference notes package $6,500
Coffee cart $2,800 Post-conference email/mailing $3,100
Full page advertisement $2,490
Half page advertisement $1,550
Sponsorship total $
Quarter page advertisement $1,030
Article in conference eLine $2,070 $2,600
Display ad on conference website $2,070
Advertising opportunities Handbook smartphone app advertising $1,000 Others total $
Satchel insert $1,860
Tradeshow directory $500
Exhibitor registration $465 The organising committee reserves the
Conference handbook advertisements Scientific stream POA right of refusal of any application. AVA
Full page colour (exhibitors) $2,490 Other (contact Conference Secretariat) POA Corporate Supporters will be given first
Full page colour (non-exhibitors) $4,980 choice of stand location. See page 19 for
Extras total $ order of stand allocations. 50% non re-
Half page colour (exhibitors) $1,550 fundable deposit is required immediately.
Half page colour (non-exhibitors) $3,100
Quarter page colour (exhibitors) $1,030
Quarter page colour (non-exhibitors) $2,060 Total price of contract $
Satchel insert (exhibitors) $1,860
I / We agree to the Terms and Conditions as stated on page 22 of this prospectus.
Satchel insert (non-exhibitors) $3,720
Handbook smartphone app advertising $1,000 Name: Position:
Advertising total $
Please forward Conference Secretariate P: 02 9431 5056 F: 02 9437 9068
this form to: AVA Annual Conference 2012 E: email@example.com
Unit 40, 6 Herbert Street, ST LEONARDS NSW 2065 W: ww.ava.com.au/avaconference
AVA Annual Conference
20-25 May 2012
Australian Capital Territory