How to enter: Simply send an email to email@example.com with ‘HCF Win This Competition’ and the name of the prize you wish to win, i.e.,
‘GOGGLES’, ‘MONITOR’ or ‘LOUNGEWEAR’ in the subject heading and your name, address and membership number in the body of the email.
Alternatively, entrants may send
us an entry by mail on a piece of paper inside an envelope to ‘HCF Win This Competition, Pacific Plus, PO Box 7825 Sydney NSW 2001’. Mail
entries must include your name, address, contact number, membership number and prize you wish to win, i.e., ‘GOGGLES’, ‘MONITOR’ or
‘LOUNGEWEAR’. Please write the prize code word on the back of your envelope entry.Visit www.pacificplus.com. au/promotions for full conditions.
Maximum one entry per person. Entrants must be 18+. Competition opens 24/06/11 at 00:01 and closes 12/08/11 at 23:59 AEST. The winner will be
drawn at m.Net Group Ltd Level 2, 8 Leigh Street Adelaide SA 5000 on 16/08/11 at 11:00. Winners will be contacted by mail & winners names, for
prizes over $250, will be published in The Australian on 24/08/11. The Promoter is Pacific Magazines Pty Ltd, 8 Central Ave, Eveleigh NSW 2015
(ABN 16 097 410 896). Authorised under: NSW Permit No. LTPM/11/00124, ACT Permit No. TP 11/00574.
Conditions of Entry – HCF “Win This” Competition
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of
these Conditions of Entry.
2. Entrants may enter the competition by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘HCF Win This Competition’ and
the name of the prize they wish to win i.e. ‘GOGGLES’, ‘MONITOR’ or ‘LOUNGEWEAR’ in the subject heading and their
name, address and membership number in the body of the email. Alternatively, entrants may send an entry by mail on a piece
of paper inside an envelope to ‘HCF Win This Competition, Pacific Plus, PO Box 7825 Sydney NSW 2001.’ Mail entries must
include your name, address, contact number, membership number and prize you wish to win, i.e., ‘‘GOGGLES’, ‘MONITOR’ or
‘LOUNGEWEAR’. Please write the prize code word on the back of your envelope entry. No postcard entries are accepted due
to privacy of information.
3. Entries must include all requested contact details to be eligible to win.
4. Entry is open to all residents of Australia who are Manchester Unity and/or HCF members over the age of 18 except
employees and immediate families of the Promoter, associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate
family means any of the following: spouse, ex spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption),
parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st
cousin. The Promoter is Pacific Magazines Pty Ltd, 8 Central Ave, Eveleigh NSW 2015 (ABN 16 097 410 896).
5. The competition commences 24/06/11 at 00:01 AEST and closes 12/08/11 at 23:59 AEST.
6. Entries will be split into three (3) groups based on the prize category nominated by the entrant at the time of entry. The draws
will take place at m.Net Group Ltd Level 2, 8 Leigh Street Adelaide SA 5000 on 16/08/11 at 11:00 AEST.
7. The first valid entry drawn from all Goggles entries received will win a 1 x Liquid Image Summit Series HD video goggles
(RRP$399). The first valid entries drawn from all ‘Monitor’’ entries received will win 1 x Uniden Baby Watch UWS1113 monitor
system (RRP$329.95). The first ten (10) valid entries drawn from all ‘Loungewear’’ entries received will each win a ‘Dusty
Blue’ gthLoungewear (RRP$134 each). Total prize pool is valued at $2,068.95, as at 19/05/2011.
8. The winners will be notified by mail & names of winners (of prizes over $250) will be published in The Australian newspaper on
9. prizes will be sent within 28 days.
10. The Promoter may conduct such further draws on 19/11/2011 at the same time and place as the original draw in order to
distribute any prizes unclaimed by this date, subject to State and Territory legislation. Winners of any further draws will notified
by mail & names of winners (of prizes over $250) will be published in The Australian newspaper on 30/11/11.
11. Maximum one entry per person.
12. Entrants into this competition must be 18 years of age or older as at the date of entry.
13. Inaudible, incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. All entries become the property of the
Promoter and cannot be returned.
14. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or
greater value or specification, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply
with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no
compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
15. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence
and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by
competition entrants. The entrant will be responsible for keeping the Promoter up to date with their current contact details. The
Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent
to the prize winner.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release or any other relevant forms or
agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated
prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification,
residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner
cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
17. All competition entries must be able to be posted to and received at the post office box address supplied for the particular
competition. No hand delivered or bulky entries will be accepted upon receiving at the Promoter’s premises for any
competition, unless otherwise stated herein. Mail entries that contain any objects that have not been requested by the
Promoter (such as backing cards or excess paper) will not be accepted. Any entries that do not follow these requirements will
be deemed invalid and will not be received by the Promoter or its agents. The Promoter and its agents take no responsibility
whatsoever for such entries that do not follow these prescribed guidelines. The Promoter advises entrants not to send entries
to the Promoter’s street address as these entries may be deemed invalid.
18. The Promoter highly recommends a DL-sized (business) envelope is used in submitting postal entries. Entries sent via
registered mail will not be guaranteed entry into the competition due to increased sorting, handling and storage required
by Australia Post. Entries sent in smaller unique envelopes are known to have issues when being sorted electronically by
Australia Post and should be avoided. The Promoter also encourages competition entrants to clearly write on their envelope
the full name and address of the competition they are entering for ease of processing by Australia Post and therefore entry into
19. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these
Conditions of Entry.
20. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters. The
Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or
misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes,
cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter
and its’ associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or
lost in transit.
21. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or
cause to be published any of the entries received. Pacific Magazines Pty Ltd and its related entities collects entrants’ personal
information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying
winners) and for related purposes. For example, we may from time to time use your personal information to provide you with
information about products and services which we expect may be of interest to you. However, we do respect your right to direct
us not to do this if and when any future communication is sent to you by the Promoter. We do not sell personal information to
other organisations. We may disclose personal information to essential service providers who provide services in connection
with our products and services. You may request access to your personal information by writing to The Privacy Officer, Legal
Compliance Department, Pacific Magazines Pty Ltd, 8 Central Ave, Eveleigh NSW 2015.
22. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to
the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree
to granting the promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide,
including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
23. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial
advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory implied
guarantees/warranties as provided under the Trade Practices Act, ASIC Act, or the Competition and Consumer Act including the
statutory consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law or similar laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-
Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the
Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal
injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way
out of the promotion.
25. The Promoter (including its’ officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any loss (including, without limitation,
indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits or opportunity), expense, damage, personal injury or death which
is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition including
taking the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum
allowable by law), including the Non-Excludable guarantees.
26. Any change in value of the prize occurring between the publishing date and date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of
27. Authorised under: NSW Permit No. LTPM/11/00124, ACT Permit No. TP 11/00574.