CSI Wellness Portal
NUTRITION INFORMATION AND SUGGESTIONS
SUGAR LEVEL TESTING
BONE DENSITY TESTING
MUSCLE TO LIPO RATIOS
WEB SURVEY CAPABILITIES TO TRACK AND
GRAPH PROGRESS OF SELECTED PROGRAM
Worth Every Dollar
• Health-care costs aren't the only reason to have
wellness programs. However, many companies have
dropped wellness programs in recent years as they turn
to managed care health insurance plans.
• This is short-sighted because managing health-care
costs is one of four reasons wellness programs make
1) In addition to reducing demand for medical services
wellness programs, they
2) provide economic benefit by reducing absenteeism,
3) reducing on-the-job injuries and workers'
compensation costs, and
4) reducing disability-management costs.
Studies Prove It
• Studies show employee absenteeism is reduced when
wellness programs are implemented. In a study at
Prudential Insurance, disability days were 20 percent
lower and disability-per-capita costs were 32 percent
lower after implementing a wellness program. In
addition, annual medical costs fell by 46 percent.
• According to a study of a wellness program at
Providence General Medical Center, per-capita workers'
comp costs were reduced 83 percent and other savings
were realized in reduced sick leave and health-care
costs, thanks to implementation of a wellness program.
• Intangible benefits may be even more important to an
organization's overall health: Increased productivity is
one of the most important benefits of operating a
business with fit, healthy employees.
• Wellness programs also help to recruit and retain the
most effective, productive employees. Studies show a
correlation between employees who seek out corporate
wellness programs and the most productive workers.
• Morale is another benefit of a wellness program. These
programs are inexpensive ways to show employees the
organization is interested in them as total persons.
Incentives and Education
• Incentive campaigns will get employees
involved and motivated.
• The right program will recognize and
reward employees for participation.
• It will educate your employees, giving
them healthy eating and exercise habits.
• Education will increase long term results,
cooperation, and lasting change.
• Wellness programs that are properly
implemented and executed can pay big
• The simple fact is that a healthier
workforce means a reduction both in
healthcare claims and other costs
associated with poor health — such as
reduced productivity and increased
• Almost half of all premature deaths in the United
States and other developed countries are
caused by lifestyle related problems. We can
prevent many of these deaths and enhance
quality of life for millions of people if we can help
them exercise regularly, eat nutritious foods,
avoid tobacco and excess alcohol, learn to
manage stress, enhance social networks and
economic conditions, clarify lifestyle values, and
achieve a sense of fulfillment in their intellectual
Tools and Technology
• Web Portals allow employee information
entry along with tracking options, survey
and weekly measurement entry.
• Tracking options consist of measurements
that are portrayed in graph or list format
and result in the ability of the employee to
track their own improvement and the
company to provide earned rewards.
Tools and Technology
Web Portals must
• Be HIPAA compliant and security
controlled by log-in allowing patient access
and administration control.
• The next screens provide an overview of
an existing portal by Cassara Systems,
Inc., who provide a Wellness Tracking
System to fit any program.
Format facilitates graphing and problem identification.
Participant Weekly Report
Data can be customized quickly and easily.
Listing with Report/Graphing/Comment Options
Participant Detail Screen 1
Demographic and Program Information
Participant Detail Screen 2
Portal Access and Baseline Information
Reporting and Graphs
• The following reporting and graph
examples are just that. You design what
you need – these are examples only.
• The reports at the participant level can be
securely available to the participant only.
• Group analysis reporting is available –
only tell us your parameters and
Critical Thresholds are set with E-Mail Alerts
Critical Symptom Graph
Only Critical Alert Questions are included
Severity Trend Report
Identifies problems and prevents participation loss.
Web Portal Features
• Secure access from anywhere.
• Monitors and graphs participation.
• Identifies problems and prevents
• Administration Interface allows user
control of drop downs, managing groups,
surveys and much more.
• Web site, Calendars, open forum, mass
group email, links, articles, photo gallery,
rewards, newsletter, contact info, etc.
Web Portal Features
• Level Security controls access to only the data
that you (or HIPAA) allows
• Locale Administrators set up participants at their
locale – data entry fields that YOU control.
• Survey, control and result data is presented in
only group list and graph format (HIPAA).
• Group List data is downloadable into Excel for
further manipulation and result research.
• Individual graphing is securely available to each
individual participant for self-tracking.