OFFICE OF THE DY. COMMISIONER OF POLICE: TRAFFIC: (HQ) DELHI
LAST DATE: 19.11.2007 by 11 A.M.
(Purchase/fabrication of Display Boards (Hoardings) for installing at various
locations in the Capital displaying Guidelines for Commercial Vehicle Drivers.
Delhi Traffic Police intends to purchase Display Boards (Hoardings) for
installing at various locations in the Capital displaying guidelines for Commercial
Vehicle Drivers from the agencies dealing in the trade. The specifications and
quantity of Boards required to be purchased is attached at Appendix I & II. The
quantity of the Boards may increase/decrease at any point of time as per the
requirement of Delhi Traffic Police. Interested agencies may quote their rates
according to required specifications as well as after careful study of the following
terms & conditions:-
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Only Value Added Tax (VAT)/Tax Payee agencies are eligible to fill this tender.
Interested agencies shall quote their VAT Number/Service Tax as admissible for
respective work in their quotation along with latest Clearance Certificate/latest
return filed/copies of receipts/challans for depositing Tax/VAT in Govt. Account.
2. Interested agencies shall also to quote their permanent Income Tax Number in
the name of the tendering firm.
3. Percentage (%) of VAT, Excise, if any, to be claimed shall be indicated clearly in
the quotation failing which the rates quoted by the agency shall be treated as
“Inclusive of Taxes”.
4. Rates quoted shall be valid upto 31st March, 2008 from the date of awarding the
5. The tenderer may quote their rate after studying the specifications of the required
Boards mentioned at Appendix-I as well as confirming from TI/Road Safety Cell,
Teen Murti Traffic Lines, Mother Teresa Crescent Road, New Delhi. No plea
what so ever shall be entertained at later stage in this regard.
6. No advanced payment shall be given to any agency on any grounds what so
7. The price shall be F.O.R. Delhi including packing, transit and forwarding to rail or
road carrier and statutory levies, if any. There shall be no extra charges or these
8. The successful tenderer shall have to supply/install the Boards at the locations
as per decision of this Unit within stipulated period from the receipt of the supply
order, otherwise the supply will be made from the open market and in case
increase of rate, the difference of rates including actual cost shall be recovered
from the contractor or adjusted from pending bills/Performance Security.
9. Tenderers shall furnish two separate bids. 1st bid shall be “Technical Bid” and
the 2nd bid shall be “Commercial Bid”. Both the bids shall be put in a big size
envelope superscribed as “Tender for purchase of Printing Papers”. Non-
adherence of this procedure shall lead to rejection of the tender.
10. Bid Security of Rs.15,000/- in the form of A/C Payee Demand Draft/Bankers
Cheque/F.D.R./Bank Guarantee from any Commercial Bank in India must
accompany with the tender in favour of DCP/Traffic (HQ), Delhi. No tender shall
be accepted without Bid Security and shall be rejected straightway. The Bid
Security shall be refunded to the unsuccessful tenderer (s) after finalization of the
tender and award of supply order and deposit of Performance Security to the
successful tenderer. Bid Security deposited with the tender shall bear no
11. The firm whose rates are accepted will have to deposit 10% of the total cost of
the item as Performance Security Deposit in the shape of Account Payee
Demand Draft, Fixed Deposit Receipt or Bank Guarantee from any of the
Commercial Bank in an acceptable form in favour of Deputy Commissioner of
Police, Traffic (HQ), Delhi payable at Delhi, safeguarding the purchaser’s interest
in all respects, within a week’s time after the supply order is placed to the firm.
The Performance Security Deposit shall bear no interest.
12. Any agency, which has exemption for Bid Security Deposits with tender being
registered with DGS&D/NSIC, shall furnish documentary proof in this regard,
indicating clearly that they are exempted for the items of the tender.
13. The tender must contain the name, office and residential address including
telephone number(s) of the person or persons with his/their usual signatures.
14. The tenderer shall indicate their rates in clear visible figures and shall not
alter/overwrite/make cutting in the rates. If alteration/overwriting /cutting in rates
are noticed, such tenders shall not be taken into consideration.
15. The purchase committee reserves the right to purchase the whole material or in
part as per requirement of Delhi Traffic Police, therefore, the agency shall have
to quote the rate as asked in Appendix- I.
16. A copy of tender documents terms & conditions duly signed by the bidder(s) may
also be attached with the “Technical Bid”, unsigned tender documents shall not
be accepted at any cost.
17. Last date for submission of tender in the office of DCP/Traffic-HQ, Delhi is
19.11.2007 by 1100 Hrs. Applying agencies/their representatives are at their
liberty to attend the proceedings of opening of the tender at 11.30 AM the same
day i.e. 19.11.2007 in the office of DCP/Traffic-HQ, 1st floor, P.S. R.K. Puram,
Sector-12, New Delhi 110022, depending upon the availability of members of the
purchase Committee. In case, the tenders are not opened on the schedule date
due to any administrative or law and order problem or due to holiday etc., the
same shall be opened on the next working day, at 1130 Hrs.
18. Conditional tenders shall not be accepted and shall be rejected straightway.
19. No enquiry shall be made by the tenderer(s) in-between the time of opening the
tenders till the competent authority takes final decision.
20. In case the successful tenderer is found in-breach of any terms and conditions at
any stage, legal action as per rules/laws shall be initiated against the agency
concerned regarding forfeiture of the earnest money or Performance Security
deposits and debarring the agency also by black listing for future dealing.
21. The supply shall be inspected or tested and if found fails to conform to the
specifications, the Delhi Traffic Police may reject them straightway without
assigning any reason or a penalty including forfeiture of Performance Security
shall be imposed.
22. The Purchase Committee reserves the right to relax any of the above mentioned
conditions(s) and reject on his discretion any or all tender(s) altogether without
assigning any reason.
23. In case violation of any terms & conditions, the firms shall be issued show cause
notice and explanation of the firm shall be called. If the reply of the firm is not
found satisfactory legal action as per law will be taken against the firm.
24. All disputes in this connection shall be settled in Delhi jurisdiction only. Prior to
litigation, the matter can be patched up by negotiation on table.
25. All procedure for the purchase of stores laid down in GFR and DFPR shall be
adhered to strictly by the undersigned and tenderers are bound to abide by the
26. The rates once approved shall not be enhanced till the contract exists.
27. In case of decrease of market price, the department has reserve a right to make
the purchase from the market at low rates to affect the economy.
APPENDIX – I
Quantity Required : 24 Nos.
Rates : Rs.__________/- Per Display Board
In words (Rupees __________________
Signature of the Proprietor
SPECIFICATIONS FOR DISPLAY BOARD (HOARDINGS)
S.No. DESCRIPTION OF DISPLAY BOARD (SIZE 12’X8’)
1. Frame of Display Board should be made of G.I. Pipe – Minimum 50 mm dia
2. MS Sheet with holes should be fixed in-between the Display Board Frame –
Minimum 2mm thick
3. Legs of Display Board should be made of MS Channel – 100x50x50 mm
4. MS Sheet should be supported from Back Side by MS Angle Iron – size-
5. Complete Display Board should be supported from back side by MS Angle
Iron – 50x50x6 mm
6. Fixing of Display Board in the Ground by PCC -1:2:4
7. Transportation should be included in the total cost of the Display Board
Signature of the Proprietor
APPENDIX - III
S Description Answer
1. Has the agency registered with Tax Department for VAT and Yes/No
documentary proof to this effect attached?
2. Has the agency attached the documentary proof of current Yes/No
Tax Clearance/Assessment Certificate?
3. Has the agency enclosed permanent Income Tax No. with the Yes/No
4. Has the agency deposit earnest money Rs.15,000/- in the Yes/No
form of Payee Demand Draft/FDR/Banker’s cheque from
Nationalized Bank in favour of DCP/Traffic (HQ).
5. Is the tenderer agree for validity for rates up to 31.03.2008? Yes/No
6. 1. Has the agency mentioned the period of supply the Yes/No
material which should not be more than as specified in the
7. Has the agency mentioned (%) percentage of VAT, Excise Yes/No
Tax, etc, if any?
8. Has the agency attached the documentary proof of having Yes/No
exemption for Earnest money, in-case of the agency
9. Has the agency accepted all the terms and condition of the Yes/No
Tender documents? If the answer is 'Yes" has attached an
undertaking in this regard. If answer is "No" the specific
Clauses of disagreement should be specified with justified
Signature of the Proprietor