Boot XP faster:
1. Open notepad.exe, type "del c:\windows\prefetch\ntosboot-*.* /q"
(without the quotes) & save as "ntosboot.bat" in c:\
2. From the Start menu, select "Run..." & type "gpedit.msc".
3. Double click "Windows Settings" under "Computer Configuration" and
double click again on "Shutdown" in the right window.
4. In the new window, click "add", "Browse", locate your "ntosboot.bat"
5. Click "OK", "Apply" & "OK" once again to exit.
6. From the Start menu, select "Run..." & type "devmgmt.msc".
7. Double click on "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers"
8. Right click on "Primary IDE Channel" and select "Properties".
9. Select the "Advanced Settings" tab then on the device 0 or 1 that
doesn't have 'device type' greyed out select 'none' instead of
'autodetect' & click "OK".
10. Right click on "Secondary IDE channel", select "Properties" and
repeat step 9.
11. Reboot your computer.
Increase ur Computers Response time
Indexing services is a small little program that uses large amounts of
RAM and can often make a computer endlessly loud and noisy. This system
process indexes and updates lists of all the files that are on your
computer. It does this so that when you do a search for something on your
computer, it will search faster by scanning the index lists. If you don't
search your computer often, or even if you do search often, this system
service is completley unnessesary.
1.Go to Start
3.Click Control Panel
4,Double-click Add/Remove Programs
5,Click the Add/Remove Window Components
6.Uncheck the Indexing services
That's it, you have now uninstalled the Indexing service, you system will
not have more RAM and be more responsive
Correcting System Hang at Startup
If your system hangs about 2 or 3 minutes at startup, where you can't
access the Start button or the Taskbar, it may be due to one specific
service (Background Intelligent Transfer) running in the background.
Microsoft put out a patch for this but it didn't work for me. Here's what
1. Click on Start/Run, type 'msconfig', then click 'OK'.
2. Go to the 'Services' tab, find the 'Background Intelligent Transfer'
service, disable it, apply the changes & reboot.
Enhance ur Computers Gaming performance
Open the System Configuration Utility by typing msconfig.exe in the RUN
command. There in your System.ini you have to add
"ConservativeSwapfileUsage=1" under the 386enh section.