INTERNATIONAL INDIAN SCHOOL, RIYADH
Post Box No.89788, Riyadh-11692 (K.S.A.)
Oh , I wish I’d looked after me teeth
1. “Oh, I wish I’d been that much more Willin’
When I had more tooth there than fallin’
To pass up gobstoppers.
From respect to me choppers,”
2. Oh I showed them the toothpaste all right,
I flashed it about late at night,
But up and down brushin’
And pokin’ and fussin’ . . . . . .
1. What does the poet want to convey through her poem?
2. Why does the poet feel sorry for her mothers teeth?
3. What is the message of the poem to the children?
1. What was the problem of the poet? What does she want to convey through her poem?
2. Answer in about 100 words.
3. According to the poet what care should be taken to maintain good dental hygiene?
Negligence results in what problems? Explain
Song of the rain
1. I am beautiful pearls, plucked from the crown of Ishtar by the daughter of Dawn
To embellish the gardens”
2. When I cry the hills laugh;
When I humble myself the flowers rejoice;
When I bow, all things are elated.
3. The field and the cloud are lovers
And between them I am a messenger of mercy.
I quench the thirst of the one,
I cure the ailment of the other.”
Q. How does the rain bring happiness on Earth?
Q. What does the poet want to convey through the words as tears of heaven”?
Q. Why has the poet called rain a heavenly thing?
Q. What are the different stages of rain as described in the poem?
Q. Describe the effect of rain on earth as described in the poem.
“If people lie to me they are poorer, not I.”
“My mother gave them to me on her death bed just after you were born, and
. . . . . . . and she asked me to keep them
in remembrance of her , so I would like to keep them.”
“I am too old a bird to be caught with chaff.”
“You have your soul to lose, my son.”
Q. How was the Bishop able to change the convict into a gentlemen?
Q. What quality of the Bishop touched the convict and how?
Q. How was the convicts life moulded at the end of the play?
Q. What is the importance of silver candlesticks in the play? Explain.
Q. Did the Bishop succeed in saving the convicts soul? Explain.