Don´t miss this great opportunity for your
personal development and future career
growth! Apply for the Mentor Network
The program aims to provide students an
opportunity for mentoring and career
advisory by business sector
representatives and the best CEOs.
The concept originates from the Regional
Business Council (RBC) in St. Louis, Missouri
which has a mentoring program for
students in higher education.
Usually the program starts with a reception
where RBC representatives meet and greet
students and faculty from chosen
Universities. It’s sort of a mingling event
where students are encouraged to discuss
anything from school, work, management,
leadership, and other topics with present
The second phase of the program is focused
on personal meetings between CEOs and
students. AmCham member companies host the students for at least one meeting during the semester
at their offices, providing a company and industry overview, and advising and counseling on career-
related topics (e.g. interviewing skills, resume development, and business etiquette).
Each student is responsible to make the first contact and set up a meeting. Students are encouraged to
research the company and prepare other topics for discussion. After the first meeting it’s up to the
student and mentor to decide their next steps.
The Mentoring program can be beneficial for all sides students gain exposure to real world business
individuals and their knowledge; schools can increase their reputation amongst students by offering a
special program for their brightest; the business community will have access to the best talent pool
waiting to access the workforce.
Companies that have already participated in Mentor Network Program:
AmCham Slovakia, CCS-Cargo Customs Service, Cisco Systems, Citibank, CSI Leasing, Enel,
GlaxoSmithKline, Gratex International, Hewlett Packard, ING Bank, Johnson Controls, Komercní banka,
KPMG, Philip Morris, Radisson SAS Carlton Hotel, S&T Varias, SEESAME, Siemens IT Solutions, Squire
Sanders, Tatra banka, T-Mobile, T-Systems, U. S. Steel Košice, U.S. Commercial Service, U.S. Embassy.
REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS WHO WANT TO PARTICIPATE in MNP
A: Compulsory requirements
1) Professional Resume: A one page resume should include information about any professional
experiences or activities as well as academic information, honors and awards. We would like to ask you
to fill in the AmCham CV template when sending your complete application. You can also download the
template of resume here.
2) Statement of Purposes - Total amount of 250 – 400 words answering the following:
1. Why have you decided to apply for Mentor Network Program?
2. What are your expectations regarding the Mentor Network Program?
3. How would you prepare yourself for the Mentor Network Program?
B: Complementary requirements
You are not required to send any of the following documents but if you provide them, your chances of
succeeding in application could increase considerably.
1) Recommendation letter: One letter should be from a professor, dean or an academic advisor. An
additional letter may be from a work supervisor.
2) Official Transcript: Grade Point average is not a decisive factor when considering your application, but
it can improve your chances.
• Date of the beginning of the program: May 19, 2011
• Deadline for application: April 26, 2011
• Materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you have any questions please do not hesitate to
contact us at: email@example.com
0905 000 000
09/2008 – present University of Economics in Bratislava
Faculty of Management
Relevant courses: Business Management, Corporate
(3 – 5 courses you consider the most interesting or
WORK AND VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
01/2010 - present PR Consulting Group
- working directly with General Manager to ensure
all the activities of company
- communication with customers
- office administration
10/2009 – 11/2009 Association of High School Students
- event organization
- writing of reports
- advising for students
LANGUAGES Native Slovak, Advanced English, Upper-Intermediate
COMPUTER Advanced in Microsoft Office, familiar with Adobe
HONORS AND AWARDS
2008, 2009 Merit Scholarship
2010 TOEFL Certificate of English - level A