FREE PROJECT SHEET BUTTERFLY COASTER
Butterfly Decoupage Paper
Plaid Paints: 481 Aqua, 670 Metallic Pearl, 641 Brilliant Blue,
662 Metallic Silver Sterling
Craft Smart Liquid Gloss
Craft Smart Decoupage Paste and Sealer
Craft Smart Stencil Tape
Craft Smart Mini Gas Torch
Introduction to Decoupage
1. Basecoat coaster using plaid FolkArt Aqua paint. Let dry.
2. Using FolkArt Brilliant Blue and Metallic Pearl lightly paint in a
crosshatch method over coaster.
3. Paste butterfly picture in position using Craft Smart Decoupage Paste
and Sealer making sure there are no air bubbles. Let Dry.
4. Paint the paste and sealer over the whole surface.
5. Using the Craft Smart Stencil Tape, mask around the edges of the
coaster. Do not allow the tape to form a lip.
6. Place the coaster on an elevated surface such as a jar or glass above a
7. Mix the two part Liquid Gloss together following the instructions on
the bottles. Ensure they are mixed together thoroughly.
8. Pour the solution over the coaster. Some will drip over the edge.
9. To remove the air bubbles use the Mini Torch quickly over the
Using Plaid coaster.
Paints and 10. Leave to dry in a dust free environment over night. The masking tape
can be removed up to 12 hours after application.
Craft Smart The project will be touch dry after 12 hours but curing will take
Liquid several days.