The word skeleton means what in Greek?
Draw a long bone and diagram the diaphysis
as well as both the distal and proximal
Name the 6 classifications of bones.
• Define ossification, osteoblasts ,
osteoclasts and appositional growth
• The skeleton is subdivided into two
divisions. Name and describe them.
• Describe the two major phases of
Bell Ringer – Then page 80
1. Define Rickets disease. What is it and who
suffers from it?
2. What is the difference between an open
(compound) and closed (simple) fracture?
3. What are the two ways fractures are treated?
4. The repair of bone fractures involves four major
events. Name and describe them in order.
-What is the only bone in the body that does
not articulate with any other bone?
- How does the skull of an infant differ from the
skull of an adult and what is the purpose of
Which bones are commonly called:
1) Cheekbones 2) Forehead 3) Lower Jaw
Define and list an example of a:
1. Fibrous 2. Cartilaginous and 3.Synovial joint
2. Define and list examples of the synovial joints
3. Define arthritis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid
arthritis, and gout as well as list who suffers
from the disease.