maheshwari girls public school
Holiday Homework – Class XI (Session 2011-12)
1. You are Mridula, the head girl of Vidya Public School. An air force officer has
agreed to conduct an orientation camp in your school for those interested in
joining the air force after school. Put up a notice in forming the students of the
program and encouraging them to participate. Write the notice in not more than
50 words & put the notice in a box.
2. You are Geeta who stays in a hostel and shares a room with Anita, your
classmate. You have to leave suddenly on receiving news that your grandmother
is not well in the village. Draft a message in telling your roommate why and
where you are going & that you will be back in 10 days. Also request her to return
your library book to the library.
3. Write a paragraph in not more than 80 words describing your favorite
4. Prepare a project which reflects the work done by non government organization
for the physically, visually & mentally challenged people. You can visit the
organization or their internet site to collect information.
Revise Chapter 1, 2
Students will prepare a file of commerce related documents & they will record their own
transactions into the journal.
Prepare a Project on any one of the given topics:
1. Commercial Bank 19. Social responsibility of business
2. International Business 20. Warehousing
3. Advertising 21. Hotel
4. ATM 22. Manufacturing process of different
5. Communication products
6. Pollution control 23. Mutual fund company
7. Multiple Shops 24. Business processing outsources
8. Cottage industry 25. Problem faced by women entrepreneur
9. Departmental store 26. Post office
10. Insurance Company 27. Event Management Company
11. Environmental and business protection 28. Saving habits of people
12. Business finance 29. Wastage disposal system
13. E-commerce 30. Shopping Mall
14. Consumer awareness 31. Special Economic zone
15. Career options in commerce 32. World Trade Park
16. Mode of transportation 33. Hockers and paddlers
17. Handicraft industry 34. Import, export process
18. Stock exchange
1. Prepare a questionnaire on any of the topic given below and conduct a survey. Present the
collected data in the form of tables, graphs and diagrams. After analysis, prepare a survey
report with a conclusion.
The Topics are - Different mobile phones, pens, newspapers, Crime, dairy products, detergent
powder, L.G. products, cosmetics companies, T.V Serials, soft drinks, footwear, lakme products,
Saras products, health drinks, cold drinks, Ice creams, Chocolates, Cartoon Characters, Perfumes,
Watches, tooth-pastes, soaps, women magzines, T. V Channels, different products of Hindustan
Liver, Junk food & Health, products of Ayurvedic companies, Products of Tupperware, different
Co. of electronic items, Bikes, readymade Garments.
2. Prepare a model of any one topic given below:
Different sectors of economy (primary, secondary tertiary)
Population, Social infrastructure, Economic infrastructure, urbanisation as a problem,
role of transport in economic development, output structure, structural change in the
Indian economy since independence.
World Trade Park, volcano and its effects , 3 sectors of Indian economy, animal
husbandry,Indian agriculture and agriculture in US.Model of RBI,tragedy of JAPAN,
economic development in rural areas, import & export
3. Prepare a chart of any topic given below:
Old age problems, gender bias, causes of high birth rate, role of transport in economic
development, structural changes, rights of a child, Child labour, forms of consumer
exploitation, rights & duties of a consumer, causes of poverty, types of diagrams,
methods of collecting primary data, various types of frequency distribution graphs,
scatter diagram, output structure, sustainable development..
Mathamatical tools applied in Physics
b) Trigonometric Relations
c) Integral Calculations
d) Differential calculations
e) Binomial Theorem
f) Vectors & scalers
To understand the basic concept and practice 5 questions on each.
To be done in HW register .
Learn the tests for the acid and basic radicals from your Lab Manual. Do the worksheet
given in chapter 1.Practice extra numericals stoichiometry .
Complete the assigned project work.
Revise Chapter 1,2 , 3 & 4
Revise Chapter 1 & 2
Prepare the charts and project on the assigned topics.
1. An institute offers MCA course of duration 3 years. The interface given below is
designed to capture the marks secured by student in the semester exam. Your help
is sought to enhance the interface in the following format:
Year 1 Total
a) When the user clicks the button Total, the total marks and the percentage of marks
secured by the student should be displayed in text field txtTotal and txtPercent
respectively. (Assume that marks in each semester are out of 600).
b) When the user clicks on the button Report the final report should be displayed in
the label lblResult in the following formant:-
Total marks = _______ and Percentage =________%.
2. Given a GUI application’s sample run as shown below:-
First Name fname (label)
Last Name Lname (label)
Full name is
full name fname Btn (button)
full name ((label)
Write the code in the actionPerformed ( ) event handler of button fnameBtn, so
that full name i.e., first name concatenated with Lastname gets displayed in label
3. Create a GUI application for your Mathematics teacher who has to teach
rectangle operations to middle class students. The GUI application should
display a menu regarding menu operations and perform an operation according
to user’s response.
It should be able to carry out the chosen operation for all the rectangles having
length <= the given length and having the same breadth as that of the given
breadth. (Take slabs of 2.0 mt difference) for e.g. if the user enters 5.5 as length
and 6 as breadth and opts for area operation then the application should be able to
calculate area for rectangles with length 1.5, 3.5 ……5.5 mts respectively and
breadth as 6 mt.
Enter the rectangle specification below:-
length Breadth (mts)
Rectangle operations menu:-
Full name is Result
2. Perimeter Go
Enter your choises:
(Holiday Home work can also be downloaded from the School website – www.mgps.in)