Once the most optimal location for the InjectAFresh unit has been identified, drill a pilot
hole from the inside straight through to the outside of the house.
• Pilot hole from the inside straight through to the outside of the house.
• Line up the pilot hole with the pilot bit on the 6” hole saw. Score the hole first in
reverse, slow speed (this will keep the hole saw from skipping on siding). Once
through siding put drill in forward mode and drill 6” hole.
• 6” hole as seen from outside
• From the inside, line up the pilot hole with the pilot bit on the 6” hole saw. Score the
hole first in reverse, slow speed (this will keep the hole saw from skipping on drywall).
Once through drywall put drill in forward mode and continue to drill 6” hole.
• This step is only necessary when installing in a finished space. When installing
through a faceplate / rimjoist, the 6” hole can be drilled entirely from the outside.
• 6” hole as seen from the inside.
• Put outside vent cover onto metal tube/collar and insert into 6” hole to measure collar
to see if the metal tube/collar needs to be trimmed.
• Metal tube/collar as seen from inside. Line up with the back of the unit to ensure
proper length. In some cases the metal tube/collar may need to be trimmed to proper
• Once proper length of the metal tube/collar as been established, mount the vent to
the outside of the house utilizing 4, 1 1/4” screws that come in the bag with the vent
• Once the vent has been mounted, seal the seam between the vent cover and outside
wall with a silicone caulk. Smooth the caulk with either a latex gloved finger or a wet
• Back inside, attach the back of the cone to the metal tube/collar.
• Attach InjectAFresh unit to the inside wall utilizing the provided screws through the holes
in the flanges of the mounting brackets.
• The holes in the flanges can be used to drill holes for wall anchors and screws as
needed, based on the material of the wall.
Once the InjectAFresh unit has been mounted, seal the seam between the metal tube /
collar and the inside wall with a silicone caulk. Smooth the caulk with either a latex
gloved finger or a wet paintbrush for a nice finished look.
Finished installation. Please note that the area is left cleaner than it was when we arrived.
Be sure to wipe up and/or shop vac any left over residue from installation process.
• Place the humidistat at 35%-45% and fan speed between medium and high to
ensure proper ventilation.
• Go over the owners manual with the homeowner, highlighting the blue warranty card.
• Have homeowner sign the completion certificate and make note of current humidity
readings as well as condition of the home. (see completion certificate)