Functions of Administration and
• Managing Departmental financial matters
• Managing Departmental personnel affairs
• Managing Departmental administration
The dept and role of
• All large organisations depend on an administrative spine. Dealing
with enquires, communicating messages and producing documents
for the workforce are all examples of administrative tasks.
• For example the school’s administration department would be the
school office and the administrators would be the secretaries. They
would be involved in:
• Keeping pupils records up to date and ensure the standardisation of
administrative work, the layout of documents, letters etc.
• Advise departments about office layout, office equipment, working
practises and staff development.
• Co-ordinate the supply of office equipment and stationary.
• Study and analyse administrative practise within the organisation in
order to develop an overall strategy for administration.
• Provide and maintain a communications system within a company,
including phones, mailing systems, computer hardware and other
data processing facilities.
How can you tell is it
• Payments would be made on time.
• Business will be running smoothly.
• Letters would be sent to the right people.
• For example pupils would be going to the
right lessons because of correct
How does this department help
the organisation meet its
• Objectives would be met if the
administration department is running
correctly because like above all the
paperwork is correct.
How is it linked to the other
• Administration is linked to the finance
department because all work done in the finance
department has to be filed by the administration
• In the human resource department they also
have a n administrative role, concerned with the
payment of wages, the supervision and
implementation of health and safety laws, etc.
• The marketing department investigating
customers needs send letters which must be
processed by the administration department.