What is teamwork?
• Teamwork is the co-operative effort by a group of
people to achieve a common goal.
• Achievement is usually measured by some kind of
performance indicator (eg: final assessment of the
• Teamwork is improved when the group change their
behavior so that performance improves.
What is teamwork? (cont)
Every student should be able to fit in within
the team framework if they and their team
expect to be successful.
• T ogether
• E veryone
• A chieves
• M ore
WHAT WILL TEAMWORK TEACH ME?
• Teamwork helps you develop characteristics
that will make you successful both on and off
the project time.
– You learn to:
• care about others
• work with others
• adapt to difficult situations
• be unselfish
• be responsible and dependable
• develop self-discipline
HOW DO I BECOME A GOOD TEAM MATE
• Accept that team mate will make mistakes.
Any mistake that is made when a team mate is
trying his/her hardest should be tolerated.
Don’t dwell on negatives – remember that
positive reinforcement creates confidence.
• A team may have a leader, that you are not
the leader should not make you work against
HOW DO I BECOME A GOOD TEAM MATE (cont)
• Put in your best in all activities and don’t be
lazy or be expecting some else to do it when
you can do.
• Always be truthful with your team mate and
HOW DO I BECOME A GOOD TEAM
• Sometimes team mate are unhappy with their
role and become jealous of teammates. Don’t
fall into that trap. You must always hope your
team does well.
• Team goals are more important than
• Teamwork is more than collective play. It is the
embodiment of selfless teammates in the
pursuit of excellence.